Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some of our fans quite simply are equipped with dicks about the size of walnuts. When a player plays well, having previously said they are shit, they feel embarrassed and emasculated. This only exaggerates the problem because they now make it their personal mission in life to be proved right. They highlight every miss placed pass, even if the player they look to destroy for the sake of their own penis happens to be have one of the highest pass completion rates on the team, it doesn't matter, the discussion will focus on the two passes that were incomplete.

These people have in their twitter handles announcing they hate the player in question. Fucking let that sink in. Why would a Spurs fan even do that? You love Spurs so much that you choose to hate on one of its players and broadcast that hate to everyone. Not a Woolwich player but a player in your own team!

Now the frustration rises even more when said player isn't playing, they can't beat their drum, so when a piece of news drops they go into a hate frenzy. They latch onto the news as gospel, they feed off it with glee, their penis becoming engorged, erect to an impressive 3 inches. These are the same people that are first to laugh at and discredit a transfer story as made up, if it happens to be a favourite player of theirs but when it's their hatted one they choose not to discredit the story but believe it, they have to believe.

Every players performances should be assessed, it's why we are on here, it's why you can open into a conversation for an hour with another person you have never met before, it's fun, it's educational, it's the passion of the sport.

It's not about the player, its's about them and their insecurities. I have no time for these cunts, they lack any objectivity and carry a personal agenda.

That was half fanzine, half housewife erotic novel. Bravo, completely agree.

If theres anyone who was a vocal Lamela critic in his early days it was me. I could always praise his work ethic though. Las season proved what a player he is, and could become....I just dont see the point in why anyone would keep up the negativity. Anyone should be happy to be wrong if they thought Lamela was shit.

But as you say, its probably not about that anymore. Odd

That was half fanzine, half housewife erotic novel. Bravo, completely agree.

If theres anyone who was a vocal Lamela critic in his early days it was me. I could always praise his work ethic though. Las season proved what a player he is, and could become....I just dont see the point in why anyone would keep up the negativity. Anyone should be happy to be wrong if they thought Lamela was shit.

But as you say, its probably not about that anymore. Odd
All of us can debate a players attributes and how they impact the team. It's the very essence of being a supporter. Sometimes these are passionately debated on both sides. I have had my eyes opened by someone pointing out something that I hadn't seen before, I like that. Same with being rewarded by giving a player time to show and grow in a team.

I myself have held a biased view on a players, that was Dempsey, I couldn't stand him. Thought he was shit and it was almost impossible for me to be persuaded otherwise. That said I didn't have "I hate Dempsey" as part of my twitter profile, I didn't wait for him to not score for him to get a shoeing. I've never obsessed about a player I didn't like. Yet there are people who bring up a player they hate even after we win a game! Who talk about nothing else. They then build up little internet cliques, which they need because they lack confidence of their own before they launch into attacking their fellow supporters who rate him. Because they can't accept another opinion the next thing is to create a pet name for those that hold a different view, they then attempt to bully those that hold an opposing view, making it personal and no longer about the player but the individual that holds that view, attacking their credentials as a writer/blogger, how long they have supported the club for, even where they sit/stand in the stadium, if they hold an ST or not, where they live. Fortunately twitter has a block function, and I am now blissfully unaware of the bile being spun until occasionally reminded.

This is bugging the hell out of me, what is keeping Arthur's glasses on his head? His ears are on top of his head!!!

AralditeRapid.jpg

There are STILL people claiming he would be happier abroad and we should cash in

:pochbye:
Do you not think he likes time on the ball & prefers the italian or spanish style more?
If I was as good on the ball as him I wouldn't enjoy the fast football over here as much.
100% believe lamela suits & prefers italian & spanish style football more.
He has to get rid of the ball quicker when you can see he wants to express himself with it.

& it stands to reason he would prefer culture & weather of rome over sunny england.

But a sign of the man is that he puts his all in to making it work here. Fair play to him.

Do you not think he likes time on the ball & prefers the italian or spanish style more?
If I was as good on the ball as him I wouldn't enjoy the fast football over here.
100% believe lamela suits & prefers italian & spanish style football more.
When people discribe how Poch's Tottenham play, they describe it as a high energy, high pressing team that play aggressively, hounding the opposition not allowing them time on the ball. This is also the very discription of Lamela, he is Tottenham's press. He is the very definition of how we play, makes him one of the most suited players.

When people discribe how Poch's Tottenham play, they describe it as a high energy, high pressing team that play aggressively, hounding the opposition not allowing them time on the ball. This is also the very discription of Lamela, he is Tottenham's press. He is the very definition of how we play, makes him one of the most suited players.
Without the ball yes. But with the ball I think he would prefer more time & touches.
I think he would like to express himself more with the ball.
Maybe he prefers to get rid of the ball quicker.
I just don't see it.

He has been very good for us. But I think he would be even better abroad.
As well as happier.

Why are you still doing this? It was a made up story. He is not depressed.

Or would his dog have lived longer in Spain?
Why are you starting arguments with yourself.
I never said he was depressed.
I can pretend if you would like though.

I didn't realise to be happier meant you can only be sad to begin with. My bad.

Ps. We don't know if any of our players have depression. People hide it or deny they have it all the time.
& before you start, I have no clue if lamela has or hasn't.
I am not going to pretend I know he does or doesn't like many others are.

Last edited:
Why are you starting arguments with yourself.
I never said he was depressed.
I can pretend if you would like though.

I didn't realise to be happier meant you can only be sad to begin with. My bad.

Oh right ok, well then Kane would be happier abroad too then if we are just making random statements with no connection to any press reports

Without the ball yes. But with the ball I think he would prefer more time & touches.
I think he would like to express himself more with the ball.
Maybe he prefers to get rid of the ball quicker.
I just don't see it.

He has been very good for us. But I think he would be even better abroad.
As well as happier.
There isn't a footballer in existence that wouldn't want more time on the ball. That said he excels at carrying the ball in the middle of the park, he acts as a magnet for oppo players often drawing two towards him. I have lost count the number of times he has done this and slotted a ball through to Kane who is exploiting the space by the committed players.

It just seems maybe you want him to be a different player than the one he is.

Ps. We don't know if any of our players have depression. People hide it or deny they have it all the time.
& before you start, I have no clue if lamela has or hasn't.
I am not going to pretend I know he does or doesn't like many others are.

But why is his happiness even an issue to you?
Why dont you assume Jan would be happier abroad?

You read the rumours, based your point on it, now pretend its got nothing to do with the rumours

To be fair to the lad, he's not had the best last few months, so he could be a bit down in the dumps.

Wouldn't blame him.

Any human would be.

I dont see how he would have been any happier that his dog died if he was playing abroad though.
Scott has bought the "lost Latino boy in London" bullshit hook line and sinker

Back
Top Bottom