The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me, winks and Wanyama were pivotal in our ability to recover the point today. Wanyama as a CB v that attack...nothing but praise. Winks....well the guy is what 19/20 ? And did absolutley the right thing with everything when he came on, doubt anyone in the media will give him much credit but I sure as hell do. More broadly Son, for his goal also deserves a pat on the back.

Yeah we were not great. Seems maybe the pitch size again gave us a few problems, but hell Shity were never going to be anything but 100% at it today. We rode our luck a bit, but do not lose sight of just how good our goals were and how we recovered, I've seen Spurs go two behind a lot of times and watched it go to 3/4/5 goals or more....

2-2 and we take the momentum from the draw as we came back. Thats much better than being 2-0 ahead and then drawing.

More broadly I give Shity not one bit of credit. They are financially doped by a crooked regime and frankly I wish they would fuck off. Consider for a moment that they brought on a 19 year old striker who's value is 3 million less than our record signing ! Let that sink in.

Given the ridiclousness of Shity it's incredible that we compete with them at all. They did not beat us home and away this season despite how many players costing more than we have ever spent ?

The media might not question anything about City but I sure as hell do. Inside a decade they have cheated their way to the top table, even more so than fucking Chelsea, they could have beat us 30 nil today and played like the Harlem Globe trotters on speed and I'd not given a flying fuck. Buying success is not sport. Yes money is necessary for investment, but there comes a point when it's simply vulgar and obscene and Shity, like the Russian's <removed>s will never be legitimate winners anymore than a drugs cheat is a legitimate Olympian.

We might not have won 3 points today, but our club wins the moral battle day in day out. That will do me !

Brilliant post, and couldn't agree more.

Sterling was offside in the run-up to the "penalty" incident...

16142280_10154757321851259_7676741328641052178_n.jpg

Don't know how someone can 'disagree' with that.

I checked it out for myself, as your screenshot doesn't show the point the ball was played, as shown in the preview of the vid below at 7 seconds in)

(screenshot here - os — Postimage.org)

Our 10th outfield player is further in their half, as seen a few seconds earlier in the video. Well offside.

Last edited:
yeah, kinda. us, funnily enough. away in the FA cup against fulham.2001. Dawson tried to to foul a player who was clean through, didnt get it right. player kept feet and blazed over. Ref pulled play back, awarded penalty and sent dawson off as he was last man.

hmmm. dempsey, dembele and murphy doing most of the damage. beat ourselves i suppose.

well, it seemed i didnt remember it quite right. i still win sad fucked of the weeekend though

Just watched.....Blimey. That Dembele geezers a bit good. And that Dempsey bloke......not sure I'd buy Murphy though. Think he'd struggle to start many if he played for us.

Seriously impressed with Winks yesterday. Come on at a bad time and look solid, gave us something we were lacking.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing him reach his potential. With guidance from Dembele, I seriously think he can be the one to take the reigns on when the sad day comes when Mousa decides enough is enough.

19 points out of the last 21. Not bad at all.
...especially when you consider that 4 of them were against Chelsea(h) & City(a)

...i'm still slightly concerned (but hey, not too worried) that we haven't beaten any of the 'Sky Top 4 ...ahem, 6 away so far... Draws at The Emirates and Etihad, and defeats away at Chelsea & Man Utd are a mixed bag to say the least... although those two draws were certainly hard fought and unexpected!

I guess that just leaves Liverpool away as the one place we can aim to get an away SKYTOP6 WIN!!

I think Lloris proved he's not as comfortable with 4 at the back!!

The 3 MAN MOUNTAINS of Toby - Jan - Dier, plus Dembele and Wanyama in front of them is pretty much unbeatable...

Switch that to;
Dier - Toby - Wimmer in a 'three',
or, as we had for much of the 2nd half yesterday; Walker-Dier-Wanyama-Rose... and it suddenly looks like a Spurs defence of old. It's 'fine', but just that... not impenetrable... just 'pretty ordinary'.

Hopefully Toby will be back after the Cup game... but jan can't come back quickly enough...
Otherwise, Hugo's confidence is gonna be shot to pieces by then!!
:llorishuh:

...especially when you consider that 4 of them were against Chelsea(h) & City(a)

...i'm still slightly concerned (but hey, not too worried) that we haven't beaten any of the 'Sky Top 4 ...ahem, 6 away so far... Draws at The Emirates and Etihad, and defeats away at Chelsea & Man Utd are a mixed bag to say the least... although those two draws were certainly hard fought and unexpected!

I guess that just leaves Liverpool away as the one place we can aim to get an away SKYTOP6 WIN!!

I take your point, but none of those teams have won at our place either. We've shared the points with Chelsea, we could share them with Utd. We've taken 4 out of 6 against City, and have the potential to do the same against Liverpool, and Woolwich. We're doing ok.

Seriously impressed with Winks yesterday. Come on at a bad time and look solid, gave us something we were lacking.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing him reach his potential. With guidance from Dembele, I seriously think he can be the one to take the reigns on when the sad day comes when Mousa decides enough is enough.

He offers press resistance like Dembele but with smoother passing, not as good in other departments but almost a Modric-lite player.

Great to have come through our academy and seems to have the right ethic.

The stamping and screaming from the spoilt Arab Brats on BlueMoon is hilarious..
They reckon walker and Rose are diving play actors but reckon Sterling is too honest and refs pick on him and give him nothing:dembelelol: They also want retrospective action on Walker for his superb match saving tackle on Sterling..What a bunch of little girls..

Mind you it must be hard to take when you realise how many squillions they have used to buy a team against how little we have spent and yet to see us above them AGAIN, has to be a tad embarrassing?
We embarrassed them at the Lane again and also we put in our worse 90mins yesterday and yet they still couldn't beat us..
Shove that in your 24carat gold pipe ya overrated bunch of mercanary oil rich Shit bags..

4pts Thank you very much.,

The stamping and screaming from the spoilt Arab Brats on BlueMoon is hilarious..
They reckon walker and Rose are diving play actors but reckon Sterling is too honest and refs pick on him and give him nothing:dembelelol: They also want retrospective action on Walker for his superb match saving tackle on Sterling..What a bunch of little girls..

Mind you it must be hard to take when you realise how many squillions they have used to buy a team against how little we have spent and yet to see us above them AGAIN, has to be a tad embarrassing?
We embarrassed them at the Lane again and also we put in our worse 90mins yesterday and yet they still couldn't beat us..
Shove that in your 24carat gold pipe ya overrated bunch of mercanary oil rich Shit bags..

You tell 'em William

This result revealed a lot about the side and their chances of the title.
We didn't play great, our goalie had a mare, and we were up against a quality side on the rebound from a big defeat.
To come back and get a result shows belief and tenacity.
I think the title is on and that this result shows that as much if not more than beating Chelski.

OK, so in the cold light of day.

Both teams can take obvious positives out of this.

City have shown they can destroy an oppo with clever passing and individual skill. Spurs show an ability to grab an unlikely point in adversity, never say die.

Leaving aside the happy clappers, the down-to-earth realists will focus elsewhere. If I were City, I'd be worried that unless they score a hatful, they're always likely to concede (2 clean sheets all season at home?), and that it really is a case of trying to score loads more than they should need. And yesterday, despite overwhelming superiority, they only scored from our keeper throwing the ball into the net for them twice. In 2 games they've absolutely bossed the best of the PL - CFC and now THFC. Instead of 6 pts they've got 1. Titles are built mainly on a good defence, and I can't see City, especially with that away form, getting close. Again, 2 shots on target, 2 goals. That for them is terrible.

For Spurs, a reality check. Our fast high pressing was turned on us, and it proved what I've seen with my own eyes several times at WHL, individually Lloris, Walker Wimmer/Verts, Davies and Dier are not skilful enough to make it work under that intense pressure. So why the feck continue with it after the first 10 minutes? Just launch it long, Lloris, aiming for Kane, with Dele Alli playing off him to get possession far higher up the pitch. Nothing wrong with route one from the back. United last week rescuing a pt v LFC?

A lot of the game was almost a mirror image of the 2-0 at WHL. Then, Spurs pressing Bravo, Stones et al, making them look very ordinary, and a similarly gifted opening goal (oggy). 2-0 at WHL, but then City came up against a good defence and a good keeper. We didn't concede, and indeed the best chance was our penalty miss.

As a Spur, I'm encouraged that the only equivalent that comes close to that City is Liverpool on a good day, but they again have a soft defence. maybe we play them without Mane? All our other away games are against teams outside of the top 8. Stoke the highest placed. Citeh still have to play a load of crap teams who will park the bus. At home they've failed to beat Soton, Boro, and Everton. Away, they've been thrashed at Leicester and Everton.

Since City's opening 6 wins, we've gained 7 pts on them. I still expect to extend that over the course of the season. We've that away match at Liverpool on the 11th. I'm hoping that Wolves will park the bus in the cup, a draw means an away tie that week. If we can get a result there, then we should break our PL pts tally easily, hopefully in the mix for the title.

My gut feeling is that the 2 teams with the worst defences will finish out of the top 4 - City and Liverpool.

Finally for any cat lovers: you'll be pleased to know that my cat returned in the small hours. Presumably she'd forgiven me for shouting the house down when Swans scored. She'd flown out of the cat flap without even touching the sides and I thought that was the last I'd see of her.

The first half was poor as we did not get a shot on target and were pressed into far too many mistakes. However city had our problem a few months ago as they could not take any of the chances given to them.
Second half we gave them both goals, then lost Toby and had a makeshift defence and yet City still could not score a good goal against us. We then scored from our only 2 shots on target whilst previously needed loads of chances to score.
We were clearly outplayed and that has not happened for a while. To get a point out of that performance is good. Early in the season we ended City's unbeaten run and now they have ended ours.
As far as winning the league is concerned it is a blow as it is difficult to believe Chelsea will drop 9 points more than us. However as far as top 4 is concerned we have gained a point on Liverpool, and kept pace with both Manchester clubs despite having the hardest fixture. Only 3 matches left against the top 6 with only 1 away.
As long as Toby is not out for long we are still in a good position to get top 4. Just hope we put strong enough teams out in the cup to progress as these players deserve a tropheystrophies as do the fans

As far as winning the league is concerned it is a blow as it is difficult to believe Chelsea will drop 9 points more than us
The Costa situation is a blessing. Conte is in a difficult position - if he drops Costa again today, then he might end up a liability affecting team morale. So I think he will play Costa against Hull, but I think Costa's head has gone with all the Chinese speculation so he might be really shit. It might be best if they sold him this window, but then they either need to buy a replacement or expect Pedro to get the goals, and he isn't an out-and-out centre forward.
I will be watching with interest...

Did you see this one? Fucking out there.

"Our manager did fuck all wrong today.

He was let down by powder puff finishing and corrupt , racist refereeing.

He did nothing whatsoever wrong today. Clearly the message has gone out from the top of the game "give city nothing, fuck them at every turn, and hopefully this foreign **** will go home"

He did nothing wrong at all.

"The muslims must not be allowed fucking any decision. Ever. No matter what"

To paraphrase him, I was "so so proud" of our manager today after that provocation."

Don't know how someone can 'disagree' with that.

I checked it out for myself, as your screenshot doesn't show the point the ball was played, as shown in the preview of the vid below at 7 seconds in)

(screenshot here - os — Postimage.org)

Our 10th outfield player is further in their half, as seen a few seconds earlier in the video. Well offside.

He's in line with Wanyama - benefit given to the attacking player

Did you see this one? Fucking out there.

"Our manager did fuck all wrong today.

He was let down by powder puff finishing and corrupt , racist refereeing.

He did nothing whatsoever wrong today. Clearly the message has gone out from the top of the game "give city nothing, fuck them at every turn, and hopefully this foreign **** will go home"

He did nothing wrong at all.

"The muslims must not be allowed fucking any decision. Ever. No matter what"

To paraphrase him, I was "so so proud" of our manager today after that provocation."

Good lord. Now that is next-level paranoia.

Back
Top Bottom