Man Utd (A) - 11 DEC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Extreamly happy that Chelsea are ten points clear of us at Christmas time and we might get Top 4? I do understand what you mean and why you would say that. But I am fucking Sick to death of coming second / third / forth or worse to utter scum like Chelsea. I am sorry. But Spurs have everything to be the top team. Everything but bollocks to actually do it. Straight jacketed by fear. Happy to be the bitch to Woolwich and Chelsea. It's about time this fella either stumped up or fucked off. :levystare:

Leicester were 9 points clear and we were 3 points off fourth going into Christmas last season too...

Leicester were 9 points clear and we were 3 points off fourth going into Christmas last season too...
Yeah and ? We have been the greatest football team in Europe / maybe the world. We have been record winners of the FA Cup. We were the first British club to win European trophies. We are Tottenham. Bench marking us against Leicester is absolutely deluded. The biggest con trick that Levy and his chums pull on us is the "little Tottenham card" nothing about Spurs is Little. With the right backing we will be bigger than any of them, because we have been bigger than any of them. Leicester can fuck off. As can Chelsea etc. I am not having a go at you in any way fella, but if you look at last year all I ask is you look back over all other years and realize this is not Leyton Orient we are supporting. This club is massive, I clearly remember being on par with anyone. Mentally we need to get back there. Life is very short and time runs out. I don't want my time to run out with ENIC suggesting we are lucky to be 5th. Fuck off. It's a disgrace to be second ( it's not but that should be how the club from top to bottom is run )

. I don't want my time to run out with ENIC suggesting we are lucky to be 5th. Fuck off. It's a disgrace to be second ( it's not but that should be how the club from top to bottom is run )
"This club has to be the best in the land, not the second best "
Bill Nicholson

If only we sacked him in 62-63 for not winning the double again and got someone better in
"It's better to fail aiming high, than to succeed aiming low"
That's another actual quote from the great man . He obviously understood the club and it's motto. Just backing up Lee's point that it's maybe time to stop being satisfied with the odd CL appearance and 1 trophy per decade. We're bigger than that

Its not actually though is it....we aimed high last year and finished 3rd.

Id rather have won the EL in hindsight....not exactly aiming low, but what is low? How can any silverwear be low, for us today?

As you said, we dont win enough....so we shouldnt be belittling any competitions and be so impatient that if we dont look like winning the title by Christmas talk of failure starts.
Then we have failed for 60 years, despite all the other trophies.

Last edited:
Its not actually though is it....we aimed high last year and finished 3rd.
In my opinion we failed by not aiming high enough. We did absolutely nothing in the January window when it was obvious to all we were becoming involved in a title race and reliant on the goals of one player. If the club had taken our motto at face value, just for once, I doubt we would have gone on to somehow to finish 3rd in 2 horse race.

That's another actual quote from the great man . He obviously understood the club and it's motto. Just backing up Lee's point that it's maybe time to stop being satisfied with the odd CL appearance and 1 trophy per decade. We're bigger than that
You do realise it wasn't a motto when he said it.

In my opinion we failed by not aiming high enough. We did absolutely nothing in the January window when it was obvious to all we were becoming involved in a title race and reliant on the goals of one player. If the club had taken our motto at face value, just for once, I doubt we would have gone on to somehow to finish 3rd in 2 horse race.

Yeah in that sense I see your point

OK. Ethos then. He understood the clubs philosophy. Hence the club motto " to dare is to do" (translated)
Sorry to be picky but "To dare is to do" is not the clubs philosopy.

The Club as it is right now is closer to its DNA and philosophy (developed by McWilliam, Cameron, Rowe & Nicholson) than at any time since Nicholson. This is very important & why I find it odd you haven't grasped it yet.

Steps to achieving a Top 4 finish:
1) Keep pace with weekly points acquisition of other Top 4 clubs
2) Beat other Top 4 clubs for a 6 point swing in the table
3) Beat clubs on the fringe of the Top 4 to keep them off of our backs and to put more pressure on them to win vs other Top 4 clubs.

We've been fucking awful at this so far this year, with the lone exception of our match against Man City.

And the 1st half against the Chavs!
We were seriously good against the form team of the PL!

Pedro lucky-packet fluke ended us. Momentum shifted as a result and we could not recover

Bet you he won't score again all season

And what was annoying about that goal (yes he struck it well) was us standing off him allowing him the space to turn, control and shoot
Not sure whether it was Verts, Dier or Moose but he got the time
So our only blemish in that half and we paid!

Extreamly happy that Chelsea are ten points clear of us at Christmas time and we might get Top 4? I do understand what you mean and why you would say that. But I am fucking Sick to death of coming second / third / forth or worse to utter scum like Chelsea. I am sorry. But Spurs have everything to be the top team. Everything but bollocks to actually do it. Straight jacketed by fear. Happy to be the bitch to Woolwich and Chelsea. It's about time this fella either stumped up or fucked off. :levystare:

I get what you're saying but DL did stump up £60 million in the summer
A lot when we're building a new stadium

We all want to win the PL and I don't think we're far off from doing so

I get what you're saying but DL did stump up £60 million in the summer
A lot when we're building a new stadium

We all want to win the PL and I don't think we're far off from doing so
To an extent my tongue in cheek comments are true, as a club, we need to believe more, but it is also extreme of me to criticize ENIC and levy too much, as really short of wasting even more money what should I really be expecting of them ? They do well and have a model that works and is sustainable. Credit where it is due. It could be a hell of a lot worse, equally it could be much better too. Perhaps the United game was a piss poor performance too many and I am reacting in a silly way. Best to move on I think :) 9-1 v Hull will help.

Back
Top Bottom