Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is no fucking way this was a Poch signing. No fucking way. He's 27 and Poch signs young players. There were concerns over his attitude and his own fans at Newcastle did not like him when Poch values players with good attitudes who connect with the fans. Very expensive and Poch has said he would want a superstar for that kind of cash.

Let's be honest, we've seen this before. It was Levy. Levy has redeeming features thankfully, but for fuck sake I do wish he'd start to accept his own limitations.

'For me when you spend more than £15m, £16m, £18m you must have a player that brings good things: good behaviour, discipline, responsibility, professionalism,' Pochettino said.

'It's important to get it right. If we spend £25m or £30m we need to be sure this player can have the kind of impact that Gareth Bale or Cristiano Ronaldo has on Real Madrid. Or Messi or Neymar for Barcelona.

'He'd have to be our best player. It's impossible to sign players for this amount and wait for his performance.'

There is no fucking way this was a Poch signing. No fucking way. He's 27 and Poch signs young players. There were concerns over his attitude and his own fans at Newcastle did not like him when Poch values players with good attitudes who connect with the fans. Very expensive and Poch has said he would want a superstar for that kind of cash.

Let's be honest, we've seen this before. It was Levy. Levy has redeeming features thankfully, but for fuck sake I do wish he'd start to accept his own limitations.
No, it was a Poch signing. It makes absolutely no sense and is the worst panic buy I have ever seen

I still think we should/could've done more to keep Chadli at the club and save £30m on Sissoko...
N'Koudou for N'Jie I can just about see the logic in... we've kinda done a like-for-like replacement... minus the injuries!

So hard to call... 'cos it wasn't so long ago that Lamela was being touted around Europe, and no one would've been sorry to see the back of him... and now look... a few weeks out of the team, and we've realised just how indispensable he has been!

So maybe there's hope for Sissoko... just not this side of Christmas!!
Chadli wanted the move, not much to do. Forcing him to stay would've been ugly

What a mess, !

If poch had no say in this transfer then fair play to him for standing his ground, with the signing of Wanyama we did not need another central midfielder. Poch was just as ruthless with Townsend and Ade, this kind of managerial discipline was and is still needed. Prima Donna's in the squad cause splits in the squad and this was sorted until the record signing arrived........
It just makes zero sense to me. Poch supposedly scuffed at the opportunities to sign Boufal and Sanabria because of poor attitudes. Why would he then go all out for possibly the biggest cunt in the Premier League? Throughout his career he's been lambasted for his attitude, surely Poch did his due diligence?

Absolutely, Levy pannicked on deadline after fucking around all transfer window, realised other teams were buying so felt he had to get someone. I still can't believe we bought him :(

Chadli wanted the move, not much to do. Forcing him to stay would've been ugly
Which is strange when you consider we could've offered him, and he almost certainly would've played CL football!

...not that he was to know Lamela would be injured, but surely it was worth hanging around the place... if only til' January (when we could no longer offer him CL football!!!!!)

:pochfacepalm::pochbye:

I am a Poch lover.

This is a Poch singing, make no bones about it. He is our Manager, not Head Coach, Manager. We have said good bye to McKenze and Mitchell, Poch was at pains to state from day one about Mitchell's arrival that it had nothing to do with him. The assumption is if you look at the timeline that Mitchell's departure is down to Poch (or at least Mitchell wasn't going to advance his role because of Poch, so they both agreed to part ways). However, you look at it Poch runs the football side of Tottenham.

Every single manger gets it wrong, you only have to look at the games greatest managers to point to this. Look at the mistakes on players that Fergie made. The one thing that is great though is the power is there, the authority is clear, just as it was with Fergie. He is now managing the situation, if he isn't training well and not getting in ahead of Onomah then so be it. There can be no compromises, to make a compromise only weakens the mentality and will have a detrimental effect going forward. If Sissokou gets the message and knuckles down, that will benefit us, if he doesn't then he is gone. Just as he have sent others packing.

I can't see what the problem is. He might be sold for £40m to a Chinese club and be paid wages enjoyed by Paulinho and Pelle. We will have good signings and poor singings, just like all the other clubs.

Most important thing for me is we don't hold on to a player that simply isn't worth holding on to. So far Poch has been ruthless in shipping out players and he is doing the same here. I like it.

. I think this is a way that Poch has obliquely registered protest with Levy over Sissoko's purchase. I can easily see Poch telling Levy "we need a wide attacker with a physical presence" and Levy failing to figure it out properly early on and desperately signing Sissoko to fulfill that role, presenting him to Poch right at the deadline..

Are you 12? Do you have any fucking understanding of the real world?
"We need a wide attacker with physical presence" You really think Poch went to Levy with that mandate? Levy is a businessman not a fucking scout.

Next time you have an imagining of what happened in the top office at Lilywhite House, keep it to yourself to save yourself further embarrassment.

Which is strange when you consider we could've offered him, and he almost certainly would've played CL football!

...not that he was to know Lamela would be injured, but surely it was worth hanging around the place... if only til' January (when we could no longer offer him CL football!!!!!)

:pochfacepalm::pochbye:
He wanted to play consistently which is understandable imo. He was out of contention for the NT as well

I'm keeping an open mind to this. Poch has said he's not performed in training so hasn't been picked. Thats all - not that he's a lazy cunt.
He's only played 7 odd games and yes been average to shit, but then so have most of the other players, hence our lack of wins and stand out performances. I can only say that our full backs, Jan and Victor have been top form, Dele for a 2 or 3 games, same with Son.
If Sissoko had arrived into the team of last season then I think he'd have been more effective - we had a settled side, tactics and were in form.
Poch will have supported this purchase. He will have recognised that we lacked pace, and cover across the midfield. We've been plagued by injuries this season, and MS hasn't had a preseason. Its a combination of bad timing and circumstance.
The thing I'm disappointed in is that the cover/options he was supposed to provide hasn't happened but thats probably more because we needed a central defender or decent striker to help out of this shit. So in those terms as much vitriol could/should be leveled at Janssen who has been absolute piss.

I sincerely hope that this fuck up is not going to cost too much and results in us selling one of our gems to cover up the complete foolishness

Is it not bad enough to spunk the Bale money, but to then spunk this amount too....

Hopefully this is the reality.

As informative as that was... if it were an Arse fan doing that with an Arseanal perspective, we'd have been giving him untold shit about having too much time on his hands... that he (for I assume this would only be done by a 'he) should be getting out more, and believe it or not... not everyone on the Internet cares about your fucking club!

As it is... I like the fact he used yellow for West Ham's bar graphic, so it looked like a P1KEY'5 C4R NUM8ER P1ATE!

Back
Top Bottom