Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like who?

Didn't we get a £30m bid for Sloth (Deeney) turned down by Watford? Even glass knees at liverpool is valued at £30m by the press.

I don't see who we could have bought, south of 25 and £20m.

Long, Berhihino, Benteke, Austin, Rodriguez, Rondon, Llorente, Wilson, Negrado.....also could have got Defoe as third choice even or maybe not sold Chadders ?

Long, Berhihino, Benteke, Austin, Rodriguez, Rondon, Llorente, Wilson, Negrado.....also could have got Defoe as third choice even or maybe not sold Chadders ?

So how many of those are south of 25 and would cost less than £20m?

Sissoko = panic buy

Better players were available earlier on in the transfer window, but we were unwilling to spend the money. Now £30 million is available for a player we never really wanted in the first place!!!

This is what i quoted on transfer deadline day, I now believe he will be one of the worst buys in spurs history. It's a shame that we had that kind of money to spend, and brought a mercenary who doesn't play for the shirt and flatters to deceive.

That's the only way Spurs can get quality players though, by taking a gamble, as a proven quality PL striker would smash our wage structure. Stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Time we changed our fucking wage structure then,. People keep using this to excuse the club missing out on our targets. 85,000 fans at wembley shows we're big enough to compete.

This is what i quoted on transfer deadline day, I now believe he will be one of the worst buys in spurs history. It's a shame that we had that kind of money to spend, and brought a mercenary who doesn't play for the shirt and flatters to deceive.
Also, didn't Poch want Wijnaldum, Wijnaldum wanted Spurs, but Levy bulked at the fee of £22million or whatever it was.....finished up going to a club that has rarely made the CL in recent times and finished 8th last season

So how many of those are south of 25 and would cost less than £20m?

It can only be speculation. But fairly certain most would be within the bracket suggested if not all, I get that age and wages are a factor.

Long - 10-20 ( last sold for 12 million )
Berhihino - 10-20 mill ( who knows after Pearce and Levy fucked his career )
Austin 5-10 mill ( signed for 5 last year )
Rodriguez 5-10 ( being linked away this year at that price )
Rondon 15-20 ( last sold at 15 mil )
Llorente 5 million ( Seville keen to sell and an undisclosed fee )
Wilson 12 million ( complete guess here )
Negrado..on a loan this season / 5 million
Defoe - would have to guess at a small fee.

Last edited:
Last edited:
From what I've been told this is spot on.
Something going on behind the scenes with Sissoko at the moment.
Also it is confirmed that he is our highest paid player, hence a lot of the other players demanding bigger pay.

The whole transfer has unsettled the Squad. Whoever sanctioned it needs sacking.

Agree, except that even if Levy did it (which I am sure he did), I would not want to sack Levy. Levy is quite simply too good at everything else not footballing related for us to get rid of him.

My thought on the tell as to why Levy purchased him and not Poch, is that Poch has always opted to play Sissoko out wide at RM/RW. I think this is a way that Poch has obliquely registered protest with Levy over Sissoko's purchase. I can easily see Poch telling Levy "we need a wide attacker with a physical presence" and Levy failing to figure it out properly early on and desperately signing Sissoko to fulfill that role, presenting him to Poch right at the deadline. Poch, probably not comfortable enough with his boss to tell him off, or maybe just glad he got anything at all with Levy's inept handling after Mitchell's departure, instead reluctantly accepts Sissoko, giving him the professional, perfunctory welcome as he would any other club signing.

However, since he specified he only wanted a wide attacker in the side, he is only willing to play Sissoko in that position and allows the unmatched-ness of the player to the position to speak for itself to Levy. Sissoko is not a wide-man and anybody who has watched him knows that. His performances for France out wide were highly atypical for him when judged against the rest of his prem starts. I think Poch's refusal to play Sissoko at CM is a nod to his belief that he already had his central midfield options settled, was not interested in adding to them at the transfer deadline, and is still not interested in playing Sissoko in that position even now.

I hope the club as a whole learns from this debacle and I hope that Levy is removed from participating directly in negotiations for top football talent. I don't think he is the man to land critical, high-price players on behalf of the club. He is the kind of guy you want running organizational operations for the club though, as his hard-bargaining style is perfect for practically any other realm of service.

As for Sissoko, he spoke out of turn on, as an earlier commenter astutely pointed out, the issue of club talent and playing at Wembley- a subject too important to the club for any single player to appropriately speak out on. His place is the side seems like it will be success as a wide-man or bust, and he is clearly at least 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart out wide behind Son and Lamela. Hopefully he can just settle down, train hard, and focus his mind towards effective performance in a wide attacking position. If he can't succeed out wide though, I think Levy just lost the club a ton of money.

Back in January of this year, Pochettino made it clear what he would expect from a £30m signing by saying: “If we spend £25-30 million, we need to be sure that this type of player represents Bale or Cristiano for Real Madrid, or Messi or Neymar for Barcelona. We need to speak about a player that is our best player and need to help us to achieve a lot of things. It's impossible to sign a player for this amount who we need to wait to perform.”

Well done lads......cocked it up again didn't they.

Moussa Sissoko shown Mauricio Pochettino's ruthless side as Tottenham career continues to stutter

From what I've been told this is spot on.
Something going on behind the scenes with Sissoko at the moment.
Also it is confirmed that he is our highest paid player, hence a lot of the other players demanding bigger pay.

The whole transfer has unsettled the Squad. Whoever sanctioned it needs sacking.

Sack Levy and / or Poch?

Yeah okay....

I still think we should/could've done more to keep Chadli at the club and save £30m on Sissoko...
N'Koudou for N'Jie I can just about see the logic in... we've kinda done a like-for-like replacement... minus the injuries!

So hard to call... 'cos it wasn't so long ago that Lamela was being touted around Europe, and no one would've been sorry to see the back of him... and now look... a few weeks out of the team, and we've realised just how indispensable he has been!

So maybe there's hope for Sissoko... just not this side of Christmas!!

It can only be speculation. But fairly certain most would be within the bracket suggested if not all, I get that age and wages are a factor.

Long - 10-20 ( last sold for 12 million )
Berhihino - 10-20 mill ( who knows after Pearce and Levy fucked his career )
Austin 5-10 mill ( signed for 5 last year )
Rodriguez 5-10 ( being linked away this year at that price )
Rondon 15-20 ( last sold at 15 mil )
Llorente 5 million ( Seville keen to sell and an undisclosed fee )
Wilson 12 million ( complete guess here )
Negrado..on a loan this season / 5 million
Defoe - would have to guess at a small fee.

Why would Sunderland sell Defoe for a small fee?

He's their only chance of staying in the Premier League - and PL football is worth something like £50m a season......

What a mess, !

If poch had no say in this transfer then fair play to him for standing his ground, with the signing of Wanyama we did not need another central midfielder. Poch was just as ruthless with Townsend and Ade, this kind of managerial discipline was and is still needed. Prima Donna's in the squad cause splits in the squad and this was sorted until the record signing arrived........

What a mess, !

If poch had no say in this transfer then fair play to him for standing his ground, with the signing of Wanyama we did not need another central midfielder. Poch was just as ruthless with Townsend and Ade, this kind of managerial discipline was and is still needed. Prima Donna's in the squad cause splits in the squad and this was sorted until the record signing arrived........

Unless there are other quotes, he doesn't say he didn't want to sign him:

“Football is not about money,” Pochettino said when asked about Sissoko’s absence. “It is about players being better, and that they show on the training ground that they are better than another team-mate and that they deserve to be involved or not. In my opinion, I need to take the decisions and I believe that the players that started in the game [on Saturday] and the players on the bench deserved to be involved in the game. There’s nothing else to [read into] it.

“It’s not frustrating for me. It’s about football. We can see in football different things that happen. You sign a player and then you expect something, and you don’t find what you expected … If another deserved to be involved, like maybe [Georges-Kévin] Nkoudou or Josh Onomah, or [Vincent] Janssen, then why not? Just because we pay money [for someone], do they deserve to play? Sissoko needs to work hard and to show in future that he deserves to be on the team.”

Back
Top Bottom