Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was certainly up there in terms of unacceptable bottling with Adebayor and Paulinho jumping out of the way of a free kick when put next to each other in the wall and subsequently letting them score.

Perhaps even worse as it was against the Arse.

Just watched it again. Son is like 70-30 to get to that first.
Particularly seeing as Cech slips on his hole giving Son a very useful head start. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt but he bottled it plain & simple. I wonder how many Korean fans would be defending that passage of play had he been playing for his country against any team, let alone their fiercest rivals?

Last edited:
VEry few players these days would go in for that challenge. It's symptomatic of 'modern football' - with players able to protect themselves, shit out of challenges and still pick up 70k a week. I don't think criticism should just be levelled at son for this as its only really kane of our attackers I'd imagine would get steamed in to that fucking cunt.

VEry few players these days would go in for that challenge. It's symptomatic of 'modern football' - with players able to protect themselves, shit out of challenges and still pick up 70k a week. I don't think criticism should just be levelled at son for this as its only really kane of our attackers I'd imagine would get steamed in to that fucking cunt.
Janssen wouldn't have bottled it, nor would Lamela or Alli. In fact I don't think any of our players would have pulled out of that challenge the way Son did. It may be symptomatic of modern football but I don't see any of our players slowing down & hurdling the keeper. I maintain that son was favourite to get that ball if you look at how quickly he was chasing it down when Cech fell on his arse.

1. He's young.
2. He's not English (or even European).
3. He's a "flair" player who spent a fair amount of last season injured.

Plus it's easy to judge when its not your legs / career on the line. Don't get me wrong i was bellowing at the TV - spittle and nachos flying from my mouth, Mrs and small children cowering in the corner - just like the rest of us.

The alternative outcome of the incident is a goal OR potentially a bad injury or even a red card, and we can only make assumptions on how they would have affected the outcome of the game / the rest of our season.

If he manages to survive this onslaught to been involved in another couple NLD's then hopefully he'll get it over time.

You can be sure the manager will have had a word regardless.

None of our other attackers would have got anywhere near that (except gkn of course). They aren't quick enough. Sure they may not shit the bed if they did get there but sonny was the only one and it was incredibly close. I'm over it already, was pissed when he did it of course.

He will score against West Ham and all this challenge or no challenge the keeper will suddenly disappear. He does need to understand however, the fans are patient but act of cowardice or lack of effort will be justifiably scrutinized and patience is waning currently on him.

WheninRome , It's rather odd that you seem to have endless patience for a pile-of-shit like Sissoko but not an ounce of respect for Son. Things that makes you go hmmm..... Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Son move to a proper club where he will receive some respect rather than deal with a small mid-table team like Spurs. Have you ever thought that Son might play much better if he wasn't surrounded by pile-of-shit like Sissoko,Lamela, Eriksen, Janssen, GNK, and the likes of Winks (*Barf*). "Clueless" Pochettino can only dream about running a high powered offence like this:

Korean Son Flyboys vs Uzbekistan

Last edited:
pleb pleb , facts are facts. I'm sorry if you find that insulting.
WheninRome , It's rather odd that you seem to have endless patience for a pile-of-shit like Sissoko but not an ounce of respect for Son. Things that makes you go hmmm..... Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Son move to a proper club where he will receive some respect rather than deal with a small mid-table team like Spurs. Have you ever thought that Son might play much better if he wasn't surrounded by pile-of-shit like Sissoko,Lamela, Eriksen, Janssen, GNK, and the likes of Winks (*Barf*). "Clueless" Pochettino can only dream about running a high powered offence like this:

If you think these are facts rather than insults fuck off and find a club that might appreciate you like the scum!

pleb pleb , facts are facts. I'm sorry if you find that insulting.

I do not believe you understand the definition of the word fact, and that you genuinely believe that your subjective opinion should be taken as fact. This coming from the guy who (jokingly) calls himself Oracle, only further highlights your delusions of grandeur.

How about you go right ahead and fuck yourself, aye?

Fucking hell.....you make him sound like George Best

we aren't a one man team, and if we were we'd have to be about two divisions down for that player to be Son.

Let's talk about facts.

PL is a higher quality league than Bundesliga. It's far higher quality than national games between SK and whoever they are up against. Statistically he does better in the national team and he did better in the Bundesliga than he does in PL. Hence, he does better when surrounded by lower quality players than higher quality players.

Conclusion: You are wrong. And a cunt.

Now piss off.

Fook off you Korean troll.

Interesting that Uzbekistan are in the Asian qualifiers but Kazakstan are in European...
:gallashmm:

Nobody gives a shit about his nationality. His overall performance was ok in that game. The annoying thing is that he bottled a perfectly winnable ball. Cech managed to fall on his arse & still beat him to it. I don't even think it was 50/50. Had he carried on at full tilt he would have beaten Cech to the ball & either rounded him to go through on goal, or taken a whack, won the foul & got the keeper sent off. Moments like that change games & Son didn't fancy risking a whack. Professional footballers should be prepared to take a whack or two for the shirt. Shying out tackles is not what is expected. Would the Korean people be quite as proud of his performance in a Korean shirt, had he bottled it in an important international?

The funny thing is he's been playing better for club than country for a little while now. He's still top dog in terms of the attack, but he disappoints quite often. :sonhmm:

Still doesn't excuse pulling out of a winnable challenge. Ignore the troll (hint: he might not even really be Korean).

Back
Top Bottom