Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought he played really well yesterday hopefully he's coming back to form. The truth is when he plays well so do we.
I think he's a synergist, he's in the background making our team tick. He's not someone who dribbles past past players and creates a lot of chances for himself, he needs those players around them. That's why we should be looking at the likes of Isco/Berardi/Insigne in the coming transfer windows, we need more offensive minded players to compliment him

Surprised not to see this thread bumped. Thought he was great today. Worked his absolute socks off, pretty sure I even saw him put in a slide tackle on someone in the second half too. So close to scoring a potential winner with his volley and also when he hit the post from the free kick (not sure if anyone got a touch?).

Wonder if it was the formation that really helped him.

He had a lot more movement in front of him which helped him massively imo

Eriksen was so much better yesterday... just what we needed.

Funny to think that we were without Lamela AND Dele yesterday, and I feel with Son as well, we do have four quite similar players...

ALL could play behind Kane, ALL can have their wonder moments... but ALL (maybe with the exception of Dele) can allow the game to pass them by sometimes!

Maybe we perm two from four when they're all next available, rather than trying to shoehorn them in to essentially what is one or two positions!

Better yesterday, much better. Even saw him tackle a couple of times. He also appeared to have a bit of space to turn into when he got the ball as he looked like he was playing a bit further forward and outside to where he normally is. Gave him the chance go look up to see options.

Wasn't delighted to see his name on the team sheet beforehand, but he did more than enough to make me reconsider. Let's see the same in the next half a dozen matches.

Oh and watch some videos of Ozil taking corners. Lots of them.

Eriksen was so much better yesterday... just what we needed.

Funny to think that we were without Lamela AND Dele yesterday, and I feel with Son as well, we do have four quite similar players...

ALL could play behind Kane, ALL can have their wonder moments... but ALL (maybe with the exception of Dele) can allow the game to pass them by sometimes!

Maybe we perm two from four when they're all next available, rather than trying to shoehorn them in to essentially what is one or two positions!

I was thinking similar. Personally feel Alli is better playing deeper and should be rotated with Dembele, he is more a danger coming from deep, works all day but is not quick enough to be a wide forward. Lamela and Eriksen are both trying to do the same job and almost get in each other's way. With Son I would say he is a proper wide forward and should play.

Simply drop Alli deeper, player either Lamela or Eriksen not both and have Son playing in and around Kane. The balance is then better.

Agree Eriksen was better yesterday and his free kick was closer than he has got for a long time. I think like Kane & Janssen he needs to score to actually get his full confidence back and I think he is playing safe with his shots on target rather than hitting the corner of the net.

Holy shit what a goal, at first I thought that was Belgium's away kit and was very impressed. Then I realised it was Kazakhstan 'the greatest country in the world'. Still a beautiful goal mind.

Back
Top Bottom