Woolwich away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like Janssen but I thought he looked off the pace when he came on. He was not up for the speed of the game.
Its always going to be difficult coming on in a game as this. He came on and got on with it without fuss and found some good space. He looks a little clumsy at times because tries too hard, he's trying make his name. He need to settle and be more economic with his football choosing what to play and when to run etc..

So what do the pre-game melts say now? As far as I can see (which admittedly is not as far as the very many experts on here) the formation change worked well, and we gave those cunts the hardest game since they played the dippers. Unlike previous seasons, we're taking points of our rivals. Denied Liverpool 2, the scum 2, and city 3, while racking up 5 for ourselves.

You weren't watching mate. Ridiculous comment.
Yes I was. You need to watch the game again, large passages of the game bypassed him and for a man gifted with touch and vision he was having control problems throughout the game. It pains me beyond belief to be critical of the guy because he is everything about a footballer that I love to watch - and part of the criticism is judging him by his own high standards. I know he is a better player than he has been lately and it hurts to watch him struggle and fumble where his control, vision and passing has always been a cornerstone of a very accomplished player.
I don't criticise players on a whim and I'm not a fan boy of individual players who feels the need to rubbish players thoughtlessly.
He has been off the boil for a long time and today his thought processes, passing and general play was well behind the standards that he set for himself.
It wasn't a ridiculous comment - it was a dispassionate observation of a footballer I respect immensely.

CwmBWVVWEAEnRAF.jpg

So what do the pre-game melts say now? As far as I can see (which admittedly is not as far as the very many experts on here) the formation change worked well, and we gave those cunts the hardest game since they played the dippers. Unlike previous seasons, we're taking points of our rivals. Denied Liverpool 2, the scum 2, and city 3, while racking up 5 for ourselves.
Also worth mentioning that we are the only team to play 4 of the current top six! (this might change now with Man U going above Everton I think?).

Yes I was. You need to watch the game again, large passages of the game bypassed him and for a man gifted with touch and vision he was having control problems throughout the game. It pains me beyond belief to be critical of the guy because he is everything about a footballer that I love to watch - and part of the criticism is judging him by his own high standards. I know he is a better player than he has been lately and it hurts to watch him struggle and fumble where his control, vision and passing has always been a cornerstone of a very accomplished player.
I don't criticise players on a whim and I'm not a fan boy of individual players who feels the need to rubbish players thoughtlessly.
He has been off the boil for a long time and today his thought processes, passing and general play was well behind the standards that he set for himself.
It wasn't a ridiculous comment - it was a dispassionate observation of a footballer I respect immensely.

OK Mick, I saw it differently. I thought he put in a shift today. It is indeed, a funny old game.

The melts, naysayers and toxic fans can go do one. We played like Champions today. Considering our injuries, Kane just coming back and a new formation I couldn't have asked more from the boys.

Last edited:
Well done, Poch.

Can't really blame people for being a bit worried pre game given our recent run of results now, can you?
Worried and forecasting 150 nil defeats are two different things. It was always going to be close given our excellent defence. Obviously people are free to say what they like - this is the place to do it after all - but I felt that many comments were unduly pessimistic, but at the same time understanding why folk were saying that. Anything goes on here - I understand that.

Happy with that. A game of ebb & flow. We nudged it. They were gifted a goal that even Ian wright had to admit shouldn't have been given, equalised from a clear penalty. Who is happy with a point & a performance against a supposed tour de force according to the media? I'm chuffed to fuck & am enjoying this.

The formation was a big surprise, out of nowhere really and it worked.
Kudos to the manager for that ( with Dembele being fit) and the players for their performance.
To me that was the most important thing today. I never mind us not getting a result as long as we play well.
We have been below par going forward lately, yet we haven't conceded many goals, even without arguably our best CB.

The formation was a big surprise, out of nowhere really and it worked.
Kudos to the manager for that ( with Dembele being fit) and the players for their performance.
To me that was the most important thing today. I never mind us not getting a result as long as we play well.
We have been below par going forward lately, yet we haven't conceded many goals, even without arguably our best CB.
Dembele and Wanyama were immense today.

Back
Top Bottom