***THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V BRAIN LEVERKUSEN ****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On the train on the way up there was an awful lot of people who weren't even spurs fans that were going to the game. NEUTRALS.

I was in the lower M block and i can safely say the lads above us were giving it something proper and me and my brother were relieved to be around some other like minded fans. Scream every which song as loud as you can for as long as you can.

As for peoples suggestions that noise doesn't travel at wembley thats a load of shit, i could hear the leverkusen fans loud and clear, and i was at the other end of the pitch to them.

The ballot system for the home games in my opinion has improved the overall atmosphere at the lane because now theres pockets of people who love a sing song all over the ground and people are more likely to join in than if we all pack in the bottom of the shelf and park lane every week.

Wembley just doesn't feel right, but we got to make it feel like home we are gonna be there a while. Last night there was not much to shout about though, by far the worst display I've seen out of these lot since poch has been in charge.

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned already, qualification is still totally in our hands and quite realisable.

Win both games - CSKA at home and Monaco away, both very winable - and we're guaranteed at least second.
We haven't won a match in the last six games. I don't see us winning those two CL matches to be honest. A draw and a win I reckon. Will that be enough? We'll see.

I think our tactical approach to all of the games we have played has been the same and that shouldn't happen. We have played the same style of football against West Brom, Sunderland etc as we have against Man City. I think Poch forces our players to make waaaaaay too many unnecessary passes when we our in the oppositions last third. We need to me more direct. We need to make more forward passes and not side ways. Our players need to dribble the ball more and drive it more often to the opposition's box. It's good to have a strategical approach against th likes of City, Woolwich etc where making more passses and switching our attack from left to right and left to right. But we need to be more direct and play simple football when it comes to West brom, palace, Sunderland etc etc etc.
Spot on!

I imagine this has been discussed ad nauseam, but this is the first chance I've had to post since the final whistle.

I've been watching Spurs since 1975. I may not have seen the volume of matches many of you have, but I've seen enough to have witnessed a broad spectrum of performances. I don't remember seeing a more shambolic defensive display than the one we put on last night.

The decision-making of the whole back five was poor; Walker, in particular, was staggeringly bad. Dier not much better. We were unsettled by their press and gifted possession in and around our penalty area countless times. What astonished me most (apart from just how poor with are without Alderweireld) was that we continued to make the same mistakes over and over.

I wish that was the end of our problems. BL were mobile and creative; we were anything but. The only two players to emerge from the game with any credit were Wanyama and Janssen, but 'credit' is a relative term and their performances really weren't that good either.

Finally, I have to admit I was wrong. I was reasonably happy with the Sissoko signing. Sure, I realised we might get the Newky-Sissoko rather than France-Sissoko, but felt it was a risk worth taking.

Wrong, wrong wrong...

And wrong again.

It's probably my negative-Nancy state of mind speaking, but I honestly can't recall the guy completing a single pass or controlling one that covered more than a few yards of turf to reach him.

As for the crowd, they were mostly fantastic. We had some foul-mouthed douchebag behind us spewing filth throughout the game, but the remaining 85,511 of us were in pretty good voice and deserved much better.

the reason the atmosphere is shit is because it's not 85k hardcore Spurs like everyone seems to think. it's 40/50k hardcore (at the very max) and the rest are JCLs who only come out of the woodwork for the CL. They then bring their mates from work who aren't even Spurs or their girlfriends. that's why it's dead in there, because half of them aren't even arsed and everyone who wants to sing is split up. Plus Wembley has always been shit for atmosphere anyway.

My mates had a load of asians in front of them who all left when Son went off (got a load of abuse as well thankfully). They're the sort of people that are turning up at Wembley and it's part of the reason why me and everyone I know hates it.

I'd much rather be in the Europa than CL, proper Tottenham turnouts, none of this shit we've seen so far, and we'd be back at WHL.

My mates had a load of asians in front of them who all left when Son went off (got a load of abuse as well thankfully). They're the sort of people that are turning up at Wembley and it's part of the reason why me and everyone I know hates it.

I'd much rather be in the Europa than CL, proper Tottenham turnouts, none of this shit we've seen so far, and we'd be back at WHL.

You should've seen the 'Belgium Spurs' supporters club up and leave en masse when Dembele went off... most had only just taken their seats!

(I made that all up... I don't know if the Belgium Supporters club made the trip over!)

I said to my old man as we walked down Wembley Way, it felt really odd last night. When you're walking to the Lan you feel like your amongst "your people". Likeminded fans who've been through the same ups and downs as you. Just didn't feel that at all last night, felt like being amongst strangers (technically I was but you know what I mean).Just not the sort of people I associate with Tottenham.

truth is we don't have more than 40k hardcore support.
100% correct. Makes me fearful about the new ground too. Though if we carry on playing this way we don't need to worry about those sort of people coming along!

Will be a totally different atmosphere and set of people at Woolwich on Sunday. Looking forward to it (that aspect of it anyway!).

At the Lane different rules apply to separate areas of the ground, or at least they used to. I'm not so sure these days, anyway, I remember when people in the Park Lane used to get punched out for abusing players when the same stuff would be tolerated in the East stand and the Paxton. I understand frustration but it clearly affects the players when it goes to far. There aren't many rules for fans, but I object to people who think the price of admission grants them the right to abuse - I'm probably old fashioned, but I think if you go, you should support, regardless of what you're watching.
I think I expressed myself badly. I just realised last night, that it isn't just singing that makes atmosphere. It's people shouting abuse at the ref, at opposition players, people swearing when things go wrong, groaning, shouting encouragement to the players, shouting advice to players even though they can't hear you, even talking to each other, but not silence. In the Paxton people are involved in the game even if they don't sing. Where I was at Wembley it seemed only a minority were involved. I'm not saying I actually want people shouting bad abuse at our players. Unless they really aren't giving their all, that is.

Fuck off baz. You went grovelling back to Tracy to apologise because you knew you were in the wrong - I just pointed it out. Then you went on an infantile disagree spree you fucking child.

You don't know what it's like getting out of the new Wembley and you've no idea what it was like for a mum with two small kids, so waffling on about the early 60's cuts no ice I'm afraid. As for the rest of the post you have no idea what my life is like. I've just moved house like you, but surely that doesn't rule out an evening at the football? It was, and remains a pathetic excuse, and to read you giving stick to one of our fans who made the effort shows you up for the petulant old bore that you are.

As for the rest of your rant, stick it up your cock. If I choose to remain on friendly terms with Scott, that's my fucking business, now put me on ignore or fuck off, you mental old goat. Do you understand?

No Joe you alcoholic twat you fuck off

I apologised to Tracey because I felt I'd gone over the top!

Not that it's got anything to do with you, the self appointed forum watchdog

So mind your own sad little business

I have been to the new Wembley so do know what it's like

Stop being selective as not only moving house I'm having to go back and fwd to Turkey

Seeing Spurs has to take a back seat but why am I explaining this to a prick like you?

No I won't put you on ignore as I disagree with it as it lets twats like ur new mate Scott hide

"Stick it up your cock"?????

Lol

Who's drunk? You're the one slagging off our female fans. I think you're a fucking rude cunt.

My last word on this Tonto

I remember you in one of your recent drunken rants offering your tickets because you were so depressed

Can't be arsed to find it but it shows what a fair weather plastic fan you are

:avbhumph:

I took advice from Oracle Oracle and went for a curry and a few beers. I'll be doing that for CSKA as well.

For fuck sake I suggested a pub but Wembley way can be confusing mate. You can order sausage, burgers or chicken which are clearly labelled but apparently Curry's only sell out of date tech at premium prices. I got a 32gb prawn butterfly for £19.50 and that was with a bronze membership card.

Stop being selective as not only moving house I'm having to go back and fwd to Turkey

Seeing Spurs has to take a back seat but why am I explaining this to a prick like you?

No I won't put you on ignore as I disagree with it as it lets twats like ur new mate Scott hide

Lol

The 'Ignore' option is false advertising, if like me you actually do use it 99.75% of the forum is gone. Oh you said Joe not Totti? Joe can have his moments but at least he adds value!

Totti:

'Dier hits the bar'

Or

'Every single one of you is a cunt?'

I'd rather learn something whilst reading padded out reject BBC tweets, and I know myself and Joe wouldn't be welcomed by the BBC.

Having gone to Wembley last night, without the chess playing Roma fam who uses bots I'd never know Dier played let alone hit the bar.

Thanks Totti.

Also, hope the house move goes well. If you need any tactical lateral, vertical or even diagonal movements Totti will help but you'll have to use his personal email:

[email protected]

Lol

l disagreed with a post you made - is nobody allowed to challenge you now? Get over it, you're embarrassing yourself. Are you actually annoyed because I get on with a poster you dislike? You're one sad old cunt if you are. And another thing, make up your own insults and stop using Audrey's. You're as unoriginal as you are you are touchy. Plastic fan? When was the last time you went to a game?

Just because you went in the 60's doesn't make you a better fan. If you were any sort of a man you wouldn't have ranted and raved about a mother with two kids who left four minutes early because she needed to catch a train. It was unbelievably rude, and now you're acting like a child because I called you out.

Forum watchdog? It was you who was telling Tracy the Bazali score you daft old hypocrite.

l disagreed with a post you made - is nobody allowed to challenge you now? Get over it, you're embarrassing yourself. Are you actually annoyed because I get on with a poster you dislike? You're one sad old cunt if you are. And another thing, make up your own insults and stop using Audrey's. You're as unoriginal as you are you are touchy. Plastic fan? When was the last time you went to a game?

Just because you went in the 60's doesn't make you a better fan. If you were any sort of a man you wouldn't have ranted and raved about a mother with two kids who left four minutes early because she needed to catch a train. It was unbelievably rude, and now you're acting like a child because I called you out.

Forum watchdog? It was you who was telling Tracy the Bazali score you daft old hypocrite.

Joe don't rise to it, I know we are both sober mate. As we have been for years.

I'm in Southwark, fancy a pint?

No it wasn't because you disagreed with me it was because you went on a self righteous rant as you often do

Anyone can challenge me about any subject

I welcome it and also go on political forums as I enjoy debate but with you it's just childish spiteful name calling

And I've apologised, like a man, to Tracy who has graciously accepted it so move on

And for the 60s read 70s, 80s, 90s, 00, 010 ad finitum

I think a few others have called you the forum watchdog among other names but I don't give a fuck who you do and who you don't get on with!

Really I don't

Back
Top Bottom