***THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V BRAIN LEVERKUSEN ****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's a shame they didn't remind the fans to put their phones back after the 'pretty light show'... 'cos it seemed that everyone around me was more intent on taking photos and mobile footage of the horror unfolding (evidence perhaps?)

Of the 85,512 fans there... I'd say a vast number were there for the 'day out' rather than contribute anything to helping OUR players...

It struck me that one of the main differences between our/English support and the Continental/German version, is that we make a noise WHEN something happens...
They make a noise UNTIL it does!

There's a subtle difference... but it's a potentially vital one!

The perceived notion that PLAYERS have to generate an atmosphere by DOING something for us to cheer about is indicative of the modern sense of self-entitlement that haunts the game now.

The repeated 'behind-closed-doors' silence of MANY (not all) the Spurs fans was embarrassing at times... especially when all you could hear were the Leverkusen fans (regardless of whether you're fans of the Capo/Drum and loudhailer) we can't deny we were royally outsung AND outplayed!

The Wembley factor never seems to affect the away team, does it?
WHL has 35000 fans and Wembley had 50000 fans more and therefore the majority were not regulars. Now I have not been to see Spurs live for years but this is still my 12th visit to Wembley to see Spurs. The previous 11 being at old Wembley and standing with Say 50000 Spurs fans and a similar number of the opposition. I joined in with the few chants around me which mainly was Coys. The idea was that the real verbal support was to be behind the goal furthest from me but that did not seem to happen. Only those there will know whether it was down to the fans that make the verbal support at WHL and away matches not being in this area or simply down to nothing happening on the pitch to really get the crowd going.
Somehow next season the fans that make up our away support and make lots of noise away from home must be seated together.

At least there aren't Millwall fans who will defend their racism and exclusivity in south london. I've only just been roughed up for never having a grandad. Sorry it was my fault you cunts

Whatever the arguments regarding playing at Wembley we should not have performed so badly or lost that match. We actually did worse than the away match where we got a draw. Bayer were not good but us bad. The stats show both teams had 2 shots on target. Bayers were all down to our errors. Walker and Dier gave them their best chances by poor back passes. The goal deflected of not 1 but 2 of our players before falling nicely for one of their players in the clear.
We were poor going forward, Eriksen shot straight at the GK when he has the skill and time to put it in the corner, if Lee Dixon thinks Dele should have had a penalty that was good enough for me, I was too far away. Dier hit the bar( 3rd time in 2 matches that we have hit the bar)
Some of the subs to save players for NLD rather than win this match?? Difficult to say as none playing well.
Yes we were bad but if we had defended up to our usual standard and got the penalty we would have been able to say we got a result when we played badly

I still don't get how 30,000+ die-hard fans (of Spurs, not the Film) plus however many day-tripper/selfie-stick half-and-half bar scarf Johnny-come-latelys can still generate less of an atmosphere than a pocket of away fans, albeit who sung non-stop for 95 minutes...

WE SHOULD'VE BEEN ABLE TO DROWN THEM OUT...

yet couldn't... due to a mixture of indifference, or expectation that the players had to do something first, before we'd get off our seats and sing!

If everyone who 'complied' with the fucking 'light show' pre-match actually joined in with a song or two, we may have made a difference...

It's
still Wembley... how can it mean so much to a group of French or German players, and not ours??

I still don't get how 30,000+ die-hard fans (of Spurs, not the Film) plus however many day-tripper/selfie-stick half-and-half bar scarf Johnny-come-latelys can still generate less of an atmosphere than a pocket of away fans, albeit who sung non-stop for 95 minutes...

WE SHOULD'VE BEEN ABLE TO DROWN THEM OUT...

yet couldn't... due to a mixture of indifference, or expectation that the players had to do something first, before we'd get off our seats and sing!

If everyone who 'complied' with the fucking 'light show' pre-match actually joined in with a song or two, we may have made a difference...

It's
still Wembley... how can it mean so much to a group of French or German players, and not ours??

If you put a pocket of away fans well up for supporting their team all in the same sector they will always be more effective than having the Self side and Park Lane diluted over the remaining 80000 seats, I think, especially in such a big stadium

I think this is an important issue that we should address for next year

the reason the atmosphere is shit is because it's not 85k hardcore Spurs like everyone seems to think. it's 40/50k hardcore (at the very max) and the rest are JCLs who only come out of the woodwork for the CL. They then bring their mates from work who aren't even Spurs or their girlfriends. that's why it's dead in there, because half of them aren't even arsed and everyone who wants to sing is split up. Plus Wembley has always been shit for atmosphere anyway.

My mates had a load of asians in front of them who all left when Son went off (got a load of abuse as well thankfully). They're the sort of people that are turning up at Wembley and it's part of the reason why me and everyone I know hates it.

I'd much rather be in the Europa than CL, proper Tottenham turnouts, none of this shit we've seen so far, and we'd be back at WHL.
After that shit I would rather stay at the Lane than go to the new ground. Even with the massive hole in the Paxton/East Stand lol. Fuck the money, success, let's just keep a proper football atmosphere.

I hope I'm wrong, but terrified the new ground will be full of the sort of people who were at Wembley.

Sorry, & I know every bloke we sign should be given every chance. I've defended soldado, Janssen & even Paulinho ffs. But sissoko leaves me cold as a Spurs "player". I see fuck all in him that I like. Absolutely nothing. He left Newcastle without any unrest from their fans. None. I just wish we'd let Everton blow 29.5 million on him & looked elsewhere or not bothered. Piss poor. He looks completely out of his league.
It's looking more like a £30 million fuck up every game he plays.

Spot on. I was there on Weds night and it hurt my soul watching that gutless fanny running around in front of me. utter shit. 90 minutes of NOTHING.

So why did you start this?

I'm not the one who writes like an eight year old.
Technically - we can't actually see your writing - so this could be a bluff.
Please write a letter to everyone who posts on TFC and we can have a reasoned debate on the quality of your longhand penmanship. Any attempts at calligraphy will result in you being denounced as a poseur.

:)

After that shit I would rather stay at the Lane than go to the new ground. Even with the massive hole in the Paxton/East Stand lol. Fuck the money, success, let's just keep a proper football atmosphere.

I hope I'm wrong, but terrified the new ground will be full of the sort of people who were at Wembley.

...well, at least 24,000 of them won't be able to get in... hopefully, the first 61,000 in the queue are the ones who want to be there and can help generate an atmosphere, rather than generate 'Likes' on their facetwat page for all the fucking selfies they've taken of their 'visit' to the Soccer!!!!

I've never wanted this new ground mainly cause of how it's gone at Woolwich but these Wembley turnouts have shocked me. I wish we'd just expanded the East stand like Liverpool have done.

I agree mate I was talking about it with my mates after I'd rather see us get relegated and stay at WHL and keep the enjoyment than go down the route I think we're heading in.

As a few others have mentioned, the difference in support really is a cultural thing. English fans are a lot more subdued and reactive (partly due to the restraints having been placed on them) but are a lot louder and sing in unison when they do sing. Seen this a lot over here in Australia due to our level of multiculturalism, most clubs have one 'English' style supporter group and then a 'European' style supporter group that consistently clash.

I've never wanted this new ground mainly cause of how it's gone at Woolwich but these Wembley turnouts have shocked me. I wish we'd just expanded the East stand like Liverpool have done.

I agree mate I was talking about it with my mates after I'd rather see us get relegated and stay at WHL and keep the enjoyment than go down the route I think we're heading in.
I've never wanted it either, but just thought of it as a necessary evil to keep up with other clubs in terms of the revenue. Now I just think, fuck keeping up with them, keep the enjoyment like you say instead!

At the end of the day I'd rather have better fans than the scum, as we currently do, than a better team (though both would be nice!).

Whilst relegation in one way would be horrible, in another way you'd go into the ground and you'd know everyone there was proper. Just like in the 90s. I can imagine some epic away trips in the Championship or League One!

At least we're not going to Stratford because that really would have been the end!

I'm still just hoping that, even though it won't be the Lane, the new place will be a lot better than CL-Wembley/Olympic Stadium/Emirates.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, ya daft cunt

You are entitled to nothing you crepid fucking wankstain and the sooner you learn that the better! next time you actually bother to get of your fat fucking Arse and go to a game then you can have your say and moan at people for leaving early or not, until then Shut your fucking cake hole!

:avbfu:

You are entitled to nothing you crepid fucking wankstain and the sooner you learn that the better! next time you actually bother to get of your fat fucking Arse and go to a game then you can have your say and moan at people for leaving early or not, until then Shut your fucking cake hole!

:avbfu:
Is crepid an acronym for something?

Don't bother, I'm not interested.

You know, it used to astound me being insulted by a spectacle of stupidity such as yourself. The sheer temerity of a cunt like you. I suspect you contribute fuck all to our society and rely heavily on the contributions made by folk like me, yet still you moan and hurl idiot sentences with abandon. You ever see that documentary John's Not Mad? Poor cunt. It's a terrible affliction, but I think it's limited to utterances and ticks. You sat down and thought about your episode. Deary me, what a useless parasite.

Last edited:
Wow.... delighted I read through the last 4-5 pages great football discussion

:pochfacepalm::pochbye:

Save the fighting lads no one wants to read through it. Stick to the football

Is crepid an acronym for something?

Don't bother, I'm not interested.

You know, it used to astound me being insulted by a spectacle of stupidity such as yourself. The sheer temerity of a cunt like you. I suspect you contribute fuck all to our society and rely heavily on the contributions made by folk like me, yet still you moan and hurl idiot sentences with abandon. You ever see that documentary John's Not Mad? Poor cunt. It's a terrible affliction, but I think it's limited to utterances and ticks. You sat down and thought about your episode. Dearly me, what a useless parasite.

I guess your not as intelligent as you think, as this is a football forum for spurs fans? This is where people talk about football! You know the game you watch on tele sometimes so think it automatically makes you a mastermind on said subject....

So I suggest you stop knocking one out over the oxford dictionary for a few moments and go to the cupboard and get out your mac so you can get back to flashing your shrivelled old cock at old ladies while riding the special bus around town...... btw being a pervert flasher on the special bus does not count as a contribution towards society..... and I also took the liberty of correcting your post for grammar being as it seems to turn you on so much, I guess maybe take the dictionary with you on the special bus as well get a bit more practice in...

And your welcome to correct my spelling all you want as I have spent my life doing more exciting things then learning to read and right proper....

i.e. Beer and football... and by football I mean actually going to Games, although I guess that is not so easy for you as your probably not allowed that close to children unsupervised.......

Back
Top Bottom