Liverpool away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't realistically defend our team based on the performance tonight. It was not / is not acceptable as a bench mark for performances overall.

What I can do though is follow up on the scarcastic mention of us operating on the Europe's top table comment. Your snide remark fails entirely to reflect Lolerpool's status in terms of history / revenue & muscle which even without Champions League is ( regretfully) higher than ours.

The fact that we finished so far above Pope Plopp the First last season had nothing to do with the top table. But everything to do with having more idea, more ability and more desire than your lot. Enjoy focusing on the league cup. It's your level. We will enjoy focusing on the Champions league as that's our level. Plopp is a fraud, he's showing you the Jewels of the league cup in hope you don't notice that despite hundreds upon hundreds of millions over 25 years you have not won the league and last year he got you to the high heights of 8th spot and nothing seriously hints that he is not aiming to win the league cup as he won't win anything else.
Yes yes and bloody yes. Spot fooking ON

Transistion? We are on par with Liverpool, believe it, dont cuss it.
You seem to passionly talk Spurs down, I dont get it?

I'm not talking Spurs down

But I am realistic. A lot of people on here have in their mind that Liverpool are shit because the past few years under clueless managers like Rodgers, Hodgson, Dalglish they were shit. They actually have a good manager in charge now and play great football yet people have a hard time taking them as a challenge BECAUSE of past seasons - this is a new season and they've shown their worth. It's time we started taking them seriously.

But I am realistic. A lot of people on here have in their mind that Liverpool are shit because the past few years under clueless managers like Rodgers, Hodgson, Dalglish they were shit. They actually have a good manager in charge now and play great football yet people have a hard time taking them as a challenge BECAUSE of past seasons - this is a new season and they've shown their worth. It's time we started taking them seriously.
Why do we need to take them seriously, we only have to play them once all season. They will lose games that matter.

I'm not that wired.
But you do talk fucking shit based on which way the wind blows. Match threads are terrible - but your reaction to real events is bi-polar. You definitely believe in the hype for certain players - Stones for example - who's fucking useless. You seem to be the Hammer/Sky virgin waiting to be rescued - and it ain't going to happen on here. You've been caned tonight. Just stop talking shit every 10 seconds.

You do nothing but....
You think you are some sort of gifted all seeing observer of football and footballers. What you have no appreciation of, is - it isn't what you say that's the problem, it's the way you express yourself

Why do we need to take them seriously, we only have to play them once all season. They will lose games that matter.

Why will they? Why won't we?

But you do talk fucking shit based on which way the wind blows. Match threads are terrible - but your reaction to real events is bi-polar. You definitely believe in the hype for certain players - Stones for example - who's fucking useless. You seem to be the Hammer/Sky virgin waiting to be rescued - and it ain't going to happen on here. You've been caned tonight. Just stop talking shit every 10 seconds.

Everything I've said in this thread is the truth though - A lot of it has been harsh, I will admit that - but I don't see why people should be exempt from criticism. N'Koudou for example, was not allowed to be criticized simply because it's his first start? What kind of bullshit is that. I will criticize who I want based on the performances I see. I was very disappointed, he had shown in glimpses against the likes of Gillingham and CSKA Moscow that he's a direct player willing to use his pace to get at defences, he showed NONE of that today. I believe the hype for certain players? Okay lol

You do nothing but....
You think you are some sort of gifted all seeing observer of football and footballers. What you have no appreciation of, is - it isn't what you say that's the problem, it's the way you express yourself

That is where you're wrong, sadly.

Why will they? Why won't we?

Everything I've said in this thread is the truth though - A lot of it has been harsh, I will admit that - but I don't see why people should be exempt from criticism. N'Koudou for example, was not allowed to be criticized simply because it's his first start? What kind of bullshit is that. I will criticize who I want based on the performances I see. I was very disappointed, he had shown in glimpses against the likes of Gillingham and CSKA Moscow that he's a direct player willing to use his pace to get at defences, he showed NONE of that today. I believe the hype for certain players? Okay lol
Who cares about them. You can only deal with your own destiny. Focus your woffle on Spurs and not other teams. Build morale , group spirit amongst like rather than antagonise everyone?

Who cares about them. You can only deal with your own destiny. Focus your woffle on Spurs and not other teams. Build morale , group spirit amongst like rather than antagonise everyone?

We have a thread on this forum DESIGNATED to laughing at them I'd say a lot of people on here care about them. Just like people seem to care about Woolwich and what they get up to. Usually shown as a sign of fear to continuously look and see what league rivals are doing and what they're getting up.

I'm not wrong. Enough people have made similar comments to justify that.

Jumping on bandwagons tend to happen on forums.

That is where hes right, happerly.

Shock horror you've piped up.

Lets move on. The best team won tonight but we gave it go. One less distraction for us, be it only two games. LC next, must beat them and put last season firmly behind us and a lift of spirit.

We have a thread on this forum DESIGNATED to laughing at them I'd say a lot of people on here care about them. Just like people seem to care about Woolwich and what they get up to. Usually shown as a sign of fear to continuously look and see what league rivals are doing and what they're getting up.

Jumping on bandwagons tend to happen on forums.

Shock horror you've piped up.
Take the piss out of them not cream all over them?

Take the piss out of them not cream all over them?

Taking the piss out a team when they're performing well is a sign of worry. Like you said, the best team won tonight but we gave it go. Leciester City next, must beat them and put last season firmly behind us and a lift of spirit. Let's move on.

This is a gibbs post. I don't give a fuck how good they are, but I'll never take the whining cunts seriously. I know you're more of a 'football fan' than a Spurs fan, but I'm not fella. Don't preach to me about fucking Liverpool.

Back
Top Bottom