New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If anyone's walked or cycled north from the top of Stamford hill recently you can see the cranes clearly in the distance. Gonna be quite a sight with the new stadium there, pretty sure you'll be able to see it from miles away!

I didn't realise how far away you were from the pitch at Wembley.

That's one thing I love about our new stadium, they've designed it specifically so the fans are close to the pitch. The club understands how important this is and that's great.

What are the pitch dimensions at our next ground? Likely to be similar to the likes of Wembley? I don't know why Pochettino feels a bigger pitch suits us. Isn't stokes pitch ridiculously small?
Biggest pitch possible I think. The noise from the fans should also be incredible at the new stadium, they've put a lot of work into it

If anyone's walked or cycled north from the top of Stamford hill recently you can see the cranes clearly in the distance. Gonna be quite a sight with the new stadium there, pretty sure you'll be able to see it from miles away!

You can see the cranes on the train between Ally Pally and Finsbury Park stations as well......a nice little reminder for those travelling to the Emirates of what's coming.

Tottenham's Daniel Levy hoping to stay at club for the 'long term'
Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy has told ESPN's Ashley Fox that he plans to stay at the club "very much for the long term," but admits he must consider any takeover bids once the new stadium is completed.

Joe Lewis -- the chairman of ENIC International Ltd., the investment vehicle that owns a majority 85.5 percent of Tottenham -- reportedly values the club at over £1 billion, and in September 2014 a potential takeover bid from Cain Hoy Enterprises was abandoned by the U.S. investment company.

Spurs hope to open their new £400 million stadium for the start of the 2018-19 season, while they are building a £5m player lodge next to their state-of-the-art training facility in Enfield, with ENIC, which bought a majority stake of 29.9 percent in the club for £22m in 2001, standing to make a huge profit if it sells once the projects are complete.

Asked if this was likely to happen, Levy -- in an interview with ESPN.com -- said: "I've been chairman of the club for nearly 16 years, and we have maybe 30,000 small shareholders -- we used to be a public company -- and my response to that question is always the same: We have a duty when we've got 30,000 shareholders to consider any proposals that anyone wants to make the club. There's a board of transfer.

i

Daniel Levy is the chairman of Tottenham Hotspur.
"But I've been here 16 years, and I'd very much hope to be here very much for the long term."

ENIC has made a concerted effort to increase its shareholding since 2001 and only 14.5 percent of the club's shares are outside the company's control.

Lewis, who was at Wembley to watch last week's Champions League match against Monaco, owns 70 percent of ENIC, with the Levy family owning the remaining 30 percent, while few of Tottenham's remaining shareholders own more than one percent of the club.

Meanwhile, a report last week in The Times said Spurs have opened talks with Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) about a naming-rights deal for their new stadium, claiming it was one of more than 300 companies, institutions and investment vehicles approached by the club about sponsorship.

Levy admitted that talks are under way with potential sponsors but said a naming-rights deal remained some way off.

"We've started engaging in various markets with a number of potential candidates," he said. "I would say at a very early stage, it is our intention to sell naming rights but we have to go through a process and I think it will be some time before we pick the right brand for our stadium."

Hello people,

I hope you can help me on this forum. I am from Holland and i make a command about building the new Spurs stadium. I am doing this for my Real Estate education. I have found the most things on the internet, but couldn't find everything. It would be really nice if someone could answer a couple questions.

1. Are the people in the district happy with the new stadium? or made some people objections?
2. How is it for the local entrepeneurs? Do they have to close their store because there are coming stores and a hotel around the stadium? Or do they think there are more costumers when the building is finished.
3. What do you think of the extreme sports that come to the new stadium? And what do you think about the American Football 2 times a year in your stadium?
4. Do you think that the idea of Daniel Levy is gonna work? The idea of creating a community where everybody can spend their free time. Is that idea good for your neighbourhood?

I hope someone can answer my questions.
ps. sorry for the bad English.

Kind Regards,
Harm

Hello people,

I hope you can help me on this forum. I am from Holland and i make a command about building the new Spurs stadium. I am doing this for my Real Estate education. I have found the most things on the internet, but couldn't find everything. It would be really nice if someone could answer a couple questions.

1. Are the people in the district happy with the new stadium? or made some people objections?
2. How is it for the local entrepeneurs? Do they have to close their store because there are coming stores and a hotel around the stadium? Or do they think there are more costumers when the building is finished.
3. What do you think of the extreme sports that come to the new stadium? And what do you think about the American Football 2 times a year in your stadium?
4. Do you think that the idea of Daniel Levy is gonna work? The idea of creating a community where everybody can spend their free time. Is that idea good for your neighbourhood?

Kind Regards,
Harm
Hi Dutch Harm

If you are stating you are Dutch best to take some of the American/English language out of your post?

Last edited:
Hello people,

Kind Regards,
Harm

1 yes very happy, a few hippies objected a while back because they don't like change but most people are very happy the club didn't have to move as its a lifeline for the area.

2 unless your business was relocated because of the expansion it looks like a bonanza, I imagine most will benefit particularly the already overcrowded pubs.

3.great long as it doesn't impact the football I don't mind and it will help keep us financially competitive.

4 would like you to make clear what you mean by this? if you mean extra facilities that mean WHL is more than just a football ground and therefore is used out of football hours then yes all good. Tottenham is a poor area and could do with an injection.

Hello people,

Kind Regards,
Harm

1. Most seem happy, there were very few serious objections from local residents.
2. They should see it as an opportunity, although the period when the club is away will be difficult for them.
3. I don't think anyone really knows whether the extreme sports (assume you mean climbing wall) will work. The NFL is a good thing, paying hundreds of millions for a venue that's only used 20-25 times a year doesn't make sense. Any extra use of the ground is good for Spurs and the local businesses.
4. The Planners like to hear things like this, so it's an easy 'win' when you are asking for other things they might not like so much. Whether it will really be a community amenity is yet to be seen.

Hello people,

Kind Regards,
Harm
1. A mixture, some want a conservation of the area's character, some want to see regeneration of which the stadium is a part of.
2. Whilst there will be risks associated with short term maintenance of previous sporting years trade - in relation to hours/jobs been reduced during the period when matches are not attended, long term the benefits outweigh the costs.
3. A good asset. It is a well known destination despite its location, so persons want to go and try out 'extreme sports' will not get lost trying to get to it - this will likely aid the usage of the facility. If it can bring the supposed benefit of attracting visitors throughout the week and not exclusively on match days then I will view it as a plus. For me personally I would happily try out the extreme sports on offer at the new White Hart Lane.
4. I don't know if it's his plan per se. The question you ask must be looked at in the wider context of regeneration in Tottenham. This will create more space for locals. The stadium's facilities will, it is hoped, form a part of that. l imagine that the community centre and Spurs Foundation will play more of a role than the structure of the building itself. Although the stadium does lend itself to some academic facilities, as the present stadium does. The curvature of the building will allow for public space - usage of that will likely not be anything beyond an area for persons to ambulate across. The new residential buildings will offer a change in the environment by increasing more people living in the immediate vicinity. A lot of people in this day and age, particularly with English weather spend their free time at home and in truth I can't see anything happening there that will change that. On that front, I do not see it as either good or bad for the neighbourhood.

On the subject of regeneration, of which the stadium is a corner stone of the project, that will likely bring with it gentrification (as is happening in the south of Tottenham). This may have a positive impact in terms of reducing crime and improving the variety of shops available, but negative in terms of community as existing communities are moved on.

Back
Top Bottom