New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Two points

1. Not sure why people think naming rights matter. It will always be White Hart Lane, even if they called it the "Coca Cola Superbowl-affiliate soccer arena of Mcdonalds".
  2. The attendance of 80,000+ at tonights match makes a mockery of anyone (Our fans or otherwise) who stated we wouldn't be able to fill our new 60k stadium.

Two points

1. Not sure why people think naming rights matter. It will always be White Hart Lane, even if they called it the "Coca Cola Superbowl-affiliate soccer arena of Mcdonalds".
  2. The attendance of 80,000+ at tonights match makes a mockery of anyone (Our fans or otherwise) who stated we wouldn't be able to fill our new 60k stadium.
1. It's does. Do you call the death star highbury?
2. A single super hyped CL match in Wembley with fair prices is in no way eligible for comparison with a season of league fixtures. And I am of those who think 60K avg is tenable with the right attitude

1. It's does. Do you call the death star highbury?
2. A single super hyped CL match in Wembley with fair prices is in no way eligible for comparison with a season of league fixtures. And I am of those who think 60K avg is tenable with the right attitude

I'd say the issue with the Death Star is that it's not at Highbury anymore so they can't call it that but I take you point we want a sponsor that doesn't sound too shit. I think as we are staying put people will still say 'off down the lane'.

60k for most league matches should be fine as long as the prices are not stupid, I am one of many without a season ticket. I would worry more about EL games if we get back into that competition through, can't imagine blahblah city from blahblahblahestan pulling in the crowds.

Two points

You'd think that, but people adapt very quickly to naming rights because they hear it on tv over and over again. Just look at the Emirates. I am a little disappointed about the stadium getting named after a company though, they inevitably get replaced by other companies and the whole thing just ends up feeling tacky (like Miami's stadium, previously "Sunlife" and now "Hard Rock").

Two points

Agree with point 2. Point 1 though I do disagree, of course we will call it WHL. I just don't want our club associated with a slave state proxy thank you very much.

Club needs to make it clear that if you are in the shelf/park lane equivalent at Wembley or the new stadium next season and beyond its going to be rowdy and people might stand a bit. You want a family experience go to the west stand.

With everything that's going on at the Olympic Stadium I can't imagine they don't have a plan for this. If they don't, I imagine the THST will be well on top of this pushing for some kind of plan.

You'd think that, but people adapt very quickly to naming rights because they hear it on tv over and over again. Just look at the Emirates

Not always. Without looking it up where do Stoke play? Wigan? Derby? Bradford? Orient?*

I think we'll be fine.

*Britannia, JJB, Pride Park, Valley Parade and London Road are all wrong, by the way.

I didn't realise how far away you were from the pitch at Wembley.

That's one thing I love about our new stadium, they've designed it specifically so the fans are close to the pitch. The club understands how important this is and that's great.

What are the pitch dimensions at our next ground? Likely to be similar to the likes of Wembley? I don't know why Pochettino feels a bigger pitch suits us. Isn't stokes pitch ridiculously small?

That's one thing I love about our new stadium, they've designed it specifically so the fans are close to the pitch. The club understands how important this is and that's great.

What are the pitch dimensions at our next ground? Likely to be similar to the likes of Wembley? I don't know why Pochettino feels a bigger pitch suits us. Isn't stokes pitch ridiculously small?

Bigger pitches suit teams with high fitness who like to play and control the game. Think Barcelona etc and our model is similar.

Small pitches suit teams that like to sit deep and play counter attack, when we press the amount of space we have to go into makes it easier for the defending team if the pitch is small.

Poch himself wants a larger pitch, last night we had many chances to win the game, we have to be more ruthless.

A bigger pitch will always suit the team that has the most possession.

Some teams at WHL (West Brom last season) just turn up and play 541 and there just isn't the room to play through their defence.

I always think we just perform better on pitches similar in size to WHL as opposed to those on the bigger side like Wembley etc.

Maybe it's just me.

Bigger pitches suit teams with high fitness who like to play and control the game. Think Barcelona etc and our model is similar.

Small pitches suit teams that like to sit deep and play counter attack, when we press the amount of space we have to go into makes it easier for the defending team if the pitch is small.

Poch himself wants a larger pitch, last night we had many chances to win the game, we have to be more ruthless.
In a utopian world our pitch would be trapezoidal with a narrow defensive field, expanding to a wide pitch toward the attacking front.

But that's fucking nonsense, so...

I'd say the issue with the Death Star is that it's not at Highbury anymore so they can't call it that but I take you point we want a sponsor that doesn't sound too shit. I think as we are staying put people will still say 'off down the lane'.

60k for most league matches should be fine as long as the prices are not stupid, I am one of many without a season ticket. I would worry more about EL games if we get back into that competition through, can't imagine blahblah city from blahblahblahestan pulling in the crowds.
agree. unlike woolwich, bolton and all the others, we are not really moving. so whatever the naming rights say, it will always be WHL in my mind. the scum and most of the rest never really had an option cos the stadium was named before they moved there

Wouldn't be surprised to see it end up something like this...

3gXLZkk.jpg

:levylol:

:vdvcry:

EDfFuC6.png

Back
Top Bottom