Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are we? The 6th-richest club, with the 6th-highest wage bill, yet the average league position over the past 5 years is 4.6.

EDIT: And a source for the "richest" claim, since I know that's a bit vague. Going by revenue, all in millions of euros:

1. Man United-519
2. Man City-463
3. Woolwich-435
4. Chelsea-420
5. Liverpool-391
6. Spurs-257

Deloitte Football Money League | Deloitte UK

And how much do we spend on wages and transfers compared to revenue income?

Portuguese speaking here, spanish is very similar, in that case "operación" means deal = transfer. You got it right.

Thanks!

I'm going to Albufeira in October, whilst learning Spanish every night (totally unconnected). I'm worried that Portuguese is so similar it will mess up my attempt to learn Spanish!

True. It is making this forum become a bit of a joke.
Say something positive & you get lots of agrees & you are accepted. You tell each other what great & better fans you are.

Point out any worries & you get lots of disagrees & the "spurs can do no wrong" gang have there wicked way with you.
The in thing is still to call someone a melt for the smallest of things.
Most over used word going on here.

Stop melting
:pritchardeyes:

:adegrin:

Thanks!

I'm going to Albufeira in October, whilst learning Spanish every night (totally unconnected). I'm worried that Portuguese is so similar it will mess up my attempt to learn Spanish!

You´re going to love it, Algarve is great overall, that area is pretty cool try to visit Vilamoura and "Olhos de Água" beach.

Spanish and portuguese are very similar, we can understand each other despite having a lot of different words for the same thing, they always seemed to me that they are singing portuguese all the time with a funny accent.
Spanish grammar is easier than our though.

Sorry for the offtopic everyone, Isco is not coming.

Call me old fashioned, I guess I'm waiting to see if you have any other views on Spurs other than the one wie already know.
What are your views on Mason leaving? What is your greatest Spurs memory. Why do you support Spurs? Who is your favourite player and why? Do you think Kane can repeat what he did last year? What you think of the partnership of Janesen and Kane? Should Kane be playing as a 10 or a striker?

Not a peep, you make no comment on your team. But if you are motivated with the few likes and agrees then you can get absolutely hundreds of them on Harry hotspurs site. Unless of cause you are him. Variety is the spice of life and it's possible to find some common ground with people who may differ in other opinions.

It's entirely up to you what you do, not forcing you to do anything, just a suggestion.

Leave it out Guido. This vilifying of John is shit. You don't see eye to eye - so what? The club is for everyone. It's not Nazi Germany - stop it.

Are we? The 6th-richest club, with the 6th-highest wage bill, yet the average league position over the past 5 years is 4.6.

EDIT: And a source for the "richest" claim, since I know that's a bit vague. Going by revenue, all in millions of euros:

1. Man United-519
2. Man City-463
3. Woolwich-435
4. Chelsea-420
5. Liverpool-391
6. Spurs-257

Deloitte Football Money League | Deloitte UK

There's always one team that has a transition year. We have been consistent but but to say that has anything to do with Levy is a massive stretch. We are achieving because of what we e fans pump into the club. Nothing more than that.

If you look at the opportunities missed by not investing when we had a boom year I think Levys cautious attitude has actually cost us. Unfortunately that's even harder to prove.

Game of opinions matey x

There's always one team that has a transition year. We have been consistent but but to say that has anything to do with Levy is a massive stretch. We are achieving because of what we e fans pump into the club. Nothing more than that.
They're called Liverpool and they've been doing it nearly every season since 2009.
If you look at the opportunities missed by not investing when we had a boom year I think Levys cautious attitude has actually cost us. Unfortunately that's even harder to prove.

Game of opinions matey x
Agreed. There have been times where Levy seemingly made a mistake by being overly cautious/unwilling to spend just a little extra (like Moutinho). I just think that overall he's done fine.

We ALL know your views you literally speak of nothing else. Why do you feel the need to post the same shit over and over again? It's Boring fella.
& you & plenty of others keep telling us over & over about how much you disagree.
It is no different.

Wages were 52% of revenue in 2014-15. To compare it to the other top clubs:

Man United-51%
Man City-55%
Chelsea-68%
Woolwich-56%
Liverpool-56%

EDIT: source so it doesn't look like i'm just making shit up

Premier League finances: the full club-by-club breakdown and verdict

And how much did we spend on transfers including revenue received? Compared to the rest. Even the scum. We are well, well behind.

Enid have done ok. Built a decent academy. But they have also held us back from getting to the next level proper. We have lost probably our best off field asset in Mitchell thanks to penny pinching. Who knows how far we could go with him being listened to.

Even the stadium has taken far too long and the obsession with American Football is a waste of time.

True. It is making this forum become a bit of a joke.
Say something positive & you get lots of agrees & you are accepted. You tell each other what great & better fans you are.

Point out any worries & you get lots of disagrees & the "spurs can do no wrong" gang have there wicked way with you.
The in thing is still to call someone a melt for the smallest of things.
Most over used word going on here.
Not true. Lots of people are fairly critical here without "disagrees" or abuse. It's the chicken little folks who only show up in August and January during the transfers to scream about how the sky is falling that catch their fair share of abuse. Finally, after being dormant for the better part of a year, the "ENIC OUT! Facking Levy crowd have started to show their faces", and I'm happy to tell them to get fucked. Where have they been? Quite a lot of us cunt each other off constantly, but it's all part of the stupid fucking charm of this place that we take very little of it seriously and are happy to tell each other exactly what we think of us other, then we shake hands and leave it. It's the folk that take everything personally and act like fucking douchebags such as Gibbsy that are ostracized.

Categorically however, anybody that has been panicking thinking we need to rush out and buy Wilfried fucking Zaha for twice what he's worth is a fucking melt.

Really? I had no idea, guess that's what happens when all your spanish sports talk is baseball-related.
"beisbol been berry berry good to me"
CGNbyO4W8AEnCFf.jpg

They're called Liverpool and they've been doing it nearly every season since 2009.

Of course, the problem is that none of us can really know everything that goes on behind the scenes. I just think that overall, Levy and ENIC have done a good job.

And I believe that we have continually failed to try to plug obvious holes in the squad or buy players at their peak for fear of losing resale value. For those reason I feel we have failed to capitalise on glaring opportunities.

Last year it could have genuinely been us, we will never get a better chance.

It makes me sad. I don't think I'll ever see us win the league.

Back
Top Bottom