Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When we signed some of the best players from "Football Manager" (ironic, but hey) for the asking prices and little fuss, it seemed like a dream come true.

article-2513526-19A4C04900000578-128_964x404.jpg

The funniest part with this little picture here is that Vlad was considered a hit :dierno:

If anyone wants the fun of guessing one of those SC cryptics, click below.

"It's funny, but practically all the people I know were strangers when I met them."

Literally just that.

It's undoubtedly total bollocks, but it might kill a bit of time until we actually sign someone...

If you don't like that kind of stuff, don't click the box, and if you don't click the box, you can't whinge....

"It's funny, but practically all the people I know were strangers when I met them."

Literally just that.

It's undoubtedly total bollocks, but it might kill a bit of time until we actually sign someone...

If you don't like that kind of stuff, don't click the box, and if you don't click the box, you can't whinge....
Well I think we can rule out Leandro Damiao based on that one.

Literally just that.

It's genuinely just a roundabout reference to Isco.

The quote is from a film that shares its title with a London bar/club - disco - Isco.

That website is run by actual retards.

I can honestly see something happening, kind of like how Son just came out of nothing. There is no way Poch would sanction this many sales without having players lined up, especially with CL football this year.

I can honestly see something happening, kind of like how Son just came out of nothing. There is no way Poch would sanction this many sales without having players lined up, especially with CL football this year.

Which is perfectly fine.

If it wasn't for the fact that it was left until 2 days before the window closes leaving little if any margin for error in negotiations.

£18 million bid for Zaha? No way they would sell him plus he is below average. I reckon we are starting to panic. Bizarre how we made two early signings which were needed and yet we have left this till the last minute. Poch said we need a direct and offensive player but let Chadli go? Possibly the only attacking player we have who can do that. There has to be a signing coming.
We can cope sure and we will still be fine, especially as Dembele is coming back, but one does wonder why Poch would say what he said in the press conference. Maybe forcing Levy's hand?

I always look at that window when we 'Sold Elvis and signed the Beatles' as a warning, I love transfers, get easily exited by youtube highlights but it doesn't correlate to a good season. Last year for example we had glaring holes (1 striker, one miraculously filled by Eric Dier) and we had the best season we've had in 5 or so years, playing great football with a team full of players we love. I've got possible faith in Pochettino regardless and have been impressed by Wanyama and Jansen so far.

Back
Top Bottom