Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So he should know about Mason, not Bentaleb. Someone else said he's staying back for rehab because he got injured in the training match against Rotherham. Who to believe...
What? Just because he's masons mate doesn't mean he wouldn't know other things Spurs or football related. I'm sure their conversations isn't just about Mason.

What? Just because he's masons mate doesn't mean he wouldn't know other things Spurs or football related. I'm sure their conversations isn't just about Mason.

Especially where his position is concerned, as surely it affects his chances as to what happens to Bentaleb.

Mason is something of a poster boy, so doubt he's off anywhere

Didn't he only fall out of favour after Pics left? 2014/15 season

He was never in favour with Poch. Poch didn't fancy him, remember Eriksen being compared to his situation when Poch first signed. Turned out Eriksen knuckled down and became a Poch favourite. Ramirez went to Hull on loan, this was after being sidelined by Poch and Poch leaving for us.

Good article here about it...
a football report

Some ITK from Spurs Community:

Trix: A few bits......

Don't take who went to OZ as a definitive who is staying or going, it isn't. A couple that went are still available for the right fee, and of the ones that didn't travel injuries and fitness issues have held. them back.

To late mate I got there before you. Logical really -and just reverse speculation - if you know anything about Bentlaleb and Pritchard. ITK my starfish.

so that's it then.. Bentaleb seems to be on his way out. It's a shame he didn't recreate his form from the 2014-15 season but it's clear Poch has had enough of his attitude. Yes, it is a shame but we really don't need any big ego sulking players. Our squad is about hard working, tenacious youngsters who give it everything to fight for one another.. Poch obviously felt he wasn't going to get that with Nabil.

Poch just confirmed that Bentaleb, Pritch and Fazio are not in his plans.

But strangely says that N'Jie is!! :clintonohshit:

When did he say this, in Aus at the press conference? If he indeed did come out with this - I cannot find it and see for myself - just goes to show what bullshit ITK is:
'Don't take who went to OZ as a definitive who is staying or going, it isn't. - of course it isn't anyone would understand that - A couple that went are still available for the right fee - a statement that is ambiguous and based on players like Yedlin, Chadli, Mason etc -, and of the ones that didn't travel injuries and fitness issues have held. them back.'- if you know about Bentaleb/Pritchard/Njie's injuries anyone could make that alternative assumption.
So, just one had an injury/fitness issues and not the ones we'd all suspect to have them. There were 2 choices to hedge your ITK, Insider knowledge cock and sack bets on. Trix chose the wrong one.
So, supposedly from the horses mouth now.
We won't be seeing Nabil or Pritch this season....or Fazio.

When Mason plays like absolute shite again next season (which is obviously going to happen) ...poch deserves the blame for continuously showing faith in him despite playing like crap. He gave benteleb 1 game on his return to prove himself...yet he gives mason countless games. Really unfair tbh.

When Mason plays like absolute shite again next season (which is obviously going to happen) ...poch deserves the blame for continuously showing faith in him despite playing like crap. He gave benteleb 1 game on his return to prove himself...yet he gives mason countless games. Really unfair tbh.

Think manager sees the players training everyday and assesses the impact they have on his squad.

In Poch we trust.

Would be brilliant. He's to talented to be sold, but has to learn to deliver the goods regularly. Benfica is a high achieving club, usually with some very big games over the course of a season, and playing in a league where not all games are very demanding.

If I'm not mistaken they also play a kind of football not ver far from how we play it. And, most importantly, afaik they are very conscious about the tactical part of the game in Portugal, which hopefully would help Bentaleb improve his positioning and defensive awareness.

I'd love that loan if it happened (without a buyout clause!).

imagine having to play Mason and Carroll at the same time in the champions league

Dwight-Schrute-Laughing.gif

:levyeyes::pochbye::pochfacepalm:

Lloris
Walker - Alder - Verts - Rose
Dier - Dembele
Eriksen - Mason - Carroll
Kane

I feel confident that team could beat any sub top 16 team, and would be even with the 9-16, if they were match fit.

Back
Top Bottom