Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A loan move is the best thing for bentaleb as long as he gets plenty of match time.
He won't get much football for us & he has too much potential to give up on & sell.

He is naturally much better than carroll or mason. & he has a lot more potential.

A loan move is the best thing for bentaleb as long as he gets plenty of match time.
He won't get much football for us & he has too much potential to give up on & sell.

He is naturally much better than carroll or mason. & he has a lot more potential.

When Poch loans out someone who was previously a first team player, normally means he isn't coming back...

It's true. The biggest drop-off of talent in our squad is Dembele and whoever replaces him now.

Need a proper replacement in the worst way.
Ok so if we're getting rid of Bentaleb the most direct replacement for me is Carroll. As long as he has someone solid next to him then he could progress with more regular football. Mason should just be backup for Alli imo. His positional sense is too weak for cm but can play a bit as we saw against Sunderland away.

Who would you want in as a backup for Dembele?

Assuming Nkoudou does come, I think we need at least 1 more ideally. We need someone who can back-up Eriksen, and we need someone who can back-up Dembele.

I don't know if Pochettino thinks he can do that with players we already have, or if we have to buy. Both approaches have logic behind them.

Ok so if we're getting rid of Bentaleb the most direct replacement for me is Carroll. As long as he has someone solid next to him then he could progress with more regular football. Mason should just be backup for Alli imo. His positional sense is too weak for cm but can play a bit as we saw against Sunderland away.

Who would you want in as a backup for Dembele?
Internally? Alli. If we have to buy? Kovacic looks good.

Internally? Alli. If we have to buy? Kovacic looks good.
So move the young player of the year out of the position where he broke into the England side?

Or buy a Real Madrid squad player for a shit ton to be our squad player? Can see him jumping on that one...

A loan using our special relationship would be a result though.

Last edited:
Here's the thing about ITK - really, why would anyone care to begin with? If the club signs someone, they'll announce it. There's not a dressing room full of mysteries, and same goes for if they sell someone. Even as far as having something to discuss over the long summer, a few hours after some ITK mong runs his gab on a forum everywhere Sky or some other shit media will be posting it.

I really just don't get it, why anyone would do it, why anyone would care, and certainly why anyone would care enough to debate one of the idiots' authenticity. And if I was Mason I'd give my "mate" a good fucking slapping. What kind of imbecile runs around the internet touting "I know someone relatively famous, look at me!" Go home and cry, no one fucking cares about you.

We slate the spammers' shitstain son of the owner, yet waste posting space on someone who may or may not have sat next to Mason in a theater once. FFS.

:dembelewtf:

imagine having to play Mason and Carroll at the same time in the champions league

Dwight-Schrute-Laughing.gif

:levyeyes::pochbye::pochfacepalm:

Hmm. Is this a hint that they're sticking around?

They've been pretty prominent in our Melbourne pre-season coverage (were also in the coffee challenge with Yedlin and Vorm this morning).

Wouldn't look too much into it, as Yedlin has featured a bit too...

Also remember all the Spurs TV questions which Bentaleb answered?

Gonna miss Nabil xoxox :pochsulk:

I can trace the demise of nabils relationship with poch to

SYDNEY FC 0-1 SPURS 30 May 2015 - Video - tottenhamhotspur.com
This is when he started giving it charly big spuds Move starts at 06.24. You can see his actions better in the replay at 07.11
I said then his attitude was wrong, turning back in a huff instead of continuing to run on because you never got the ball. Most said I was making too much of it. Still I played for teams and have never done that. Never seen a professional do it either

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom