Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bentaleb is one of those players you want to sell to a club in another league, b/c he might shred you 2x a year and do well if he applies himself. Shame to let him go after such a good first year under Poch.

The trouble I see with Bentaleb is that I can't imagine any club paying what we want. Considering his age and how he performed the season before last anything less than £15 mil and we're getting shafted.

Yet I imagine most of his suitors will have been put off by last season and they won't go that high.

Really hope stays. Head and shoulders above Mason and Carroll in terms of ability so I can only imagine he's had a fallout with Poch.

Bentalebs agent pushed for the big pay rise and got it because he had a good season and then country came first, then he got injured on national duty is that right? No wonder he is being let go, don't want him to go but if Poch deems him surplus well his agent will have to earn his money and find another club

Last edited:
Gutted tbh - would much rather Mason, Carroll and Chadli were staying home to find new clubs
Surely to fuck were not keeping Mason and Little Tommy Carol. I thought we was a champions league club with ambition. They've proved quite clearly their not up to this level. Embarrassing if this is the case

Our manager decides that he prefers Mason and Carrol to Bentaleb, a fact that has been evident throughout the year. Bentaleb has failed to build or improve since the season before last, I fully understand Poch wanting to sell. Many of us seem to think Bentaleb is better than he actually is.

What I don't get is why people would want to sell our 3rd and 4th choice central midfielders last season before our 5th choice, just because he is younger. He has literally done nothing to prove that he will ever be better than Mason or Carroll so far, if I'm not mistaken Carroll scored more goals last season than Bentaleb has scored for us the whole season before, no?

Our manager decides that he prefers Mason and Carrol to Bentaleb, a fact that has been evident throughout the year. Bentaleb has failed to build or improve since the season before last, I fully understand Poch wanting to sell. Many of us seem to think Bentaleb is better than he actually is.
I can agree with the last sentence. But every club has the fans who will rate their own better then they are. Man Utd thinking Rashford should be starting striker and better then Kane etc. - likes of Liverpool building up all of their youngsters, I remember hearing Rossiter would be better then Gerrard etc. - he's now left to go and join Rangers.

Bentaleb had some great games in the 2014/2015 season, notably against Chelsea and Woolwich, though I still feel we BOSSED that midfield because we also had Dembele in there. It was his demands for a new contract after a few good games that annoyed me, and probably Pochettino too. You don't get many fans from other clubs who actually rate Bentaleb. This could be because they don't look at him with the rose tinted spectacles that we as Spurs fans do or the fact that he isn't as good as made out.

I like Bentaleb and can SEE the potential in there but if Pochettino feels he's either disruptive, not good enough or simply doesn't trust him (like he does with Mason), then I have no problem with getting rid of him.

Maybe he failed to build or improve because he was injured for large chunks of the season?

Back
Top Bottom