Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't he have that spell between November and April of not scoring, he broke his scoring duck against us at The Lane, grrrr.
The whole team did. Woolwich had the most hilarious cold streaks last year. By many measures, they should've scored the most goals. They didn't though, due to a combination of bad tactics, and just being unable to hit the broadside of a barn.

Ok, let's have some actual fun here.

Supposedly, once the striker is signed, we're in for an attacking midfielder to replace any of Mason, Chadli and Carroll. Wijnaldum has been linked, and I don't think too many of us find that all that inspiring. So, if we don't like what fiction the red tops are serving, we should make our own. What AM should we bother signing then?

For me, I'd be taking a look at Sofiane Boufal, Marco Asensio, Filip Kostic, Jario Samperio, or if we want to stretch and go for a more proven player, Julian Draxler.

Supposedly, once the striker is signed, we're in for an attacking midfielder to replace any of Mason, Chadli and Carroll. Wijnaldum has been linked, and I don't think too many of us find that all that inspiring. So, if we don't like what fiction the red tops are serving, we should make our own. What AM should we bother signing then?

For me, I'd be taking a look at Sofiane Boufal, Marco Asensio, Filip Kostic, Jario Samperio, or if we want to stretch and go for a more proven player, Julian Draxler.

Wijnaldum

not joking either, he's already proven he can score goals in the Premier League.....even in a team on relegation form

The others all sound like the have the potential to be a bit Paulinhioee

Wijnaldum

not joking either, he's already proven he can score goals in the Premier League.....even in a team on relegation form

No way we pay 25 million pounds for him.

There has to be better options out there for that price.

Wijnaldum

And that's fair. I like the guys I was suggesting as they seem to be good wide creators, and seem to have good pace to join in counters from deeper areas.

They're all quite raw and none of them have really blown up, save Boufal, who had a big year in France.

Who's got the highest potential in FIFA?

Max Meyer, Liverpool scouted him already so saves us the cost of doing it ourselves.

:angryscouser:

Seriously, though, excellent player. Younger than Draxler, cheaper than Draxler, and I think ultimately he'll be better than Draxler. But his age probably works against us, he's probably happy to stay in Germany for another couple of seasons and build his reputation than move and have to fight for playing time. Kostic looks a much more realistic transfer.

Too bad we're such a small time club, or we'd spend £70m on James and put him on £200k a week.

Back
Top Bottom