Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do we take this AZ directors words as gospel? Or is he just blowing out a load of hot air to save face? I'm getting incredibly frustrated and pissed off with levy for failing to get a striker. Judging by this we are no closer to getting one either

We should take Hotspur related with a pinch of salt.

Something wrong with our club, Levy or both but we stand al9ne when it comes to would be transfers.

Best thing to do is hibernate betweem transfer windows so as not to witness the same bo!!ocks shenanigans.

A few reasons why we came 3rd last season. One striker, lost points at the start of the season, lost nerve at the end of the season and inexperience.

Only one of those looks like being less of an issue this time round.

This is the definition of 'melting'.

The window has only just opened, we've signed already, and you're throwing the towel in because a bunch of kids on Twitter have made stuff up
^^^^^
I think this is key... and the 'reason' why transfers feel drawn out these days... they're not, it's just we're finding out about the POSSIBILITY of them much sooner now... thanks to the Internet & Twatter etc.

Back in the day of Newspapers and TV Sports news only, the first time we'd get to HEAR about a potential transfer, would be when it was printed in a newspaper, or Jim Rosenthal would mention it in passing at the end of his round-up on The Big Match... by which point, the early/idle speculation had already been done - out of EVERYONE'S VIEW - in the coridors and meeting rooms of Newspaper hacks & the like...

Nowadays, EVERY fucker knows about 'something' first... before anyone else... being (or being SEEN TO BE) ITK is King... and as such, there is much more bollocks spouted WAY much sooner... so that IF AND WHEN a transfer is concluded, everyone is fucking sick of hearing about it, and Levy a cunt for dragging it out to saga proportions!
And if it falls through... Levy is a different type of cunt for allowing another player to slip through the net.

It will happen when it happens.
For now, chill.... it's a lovely day our!

Last edited:
Greg Stobart guy said our bid was imminent. I think there's a mutual agreement between the clubs that the fee is 20m, we just have yet to make an official bid. You can also hear that Huiberts is more open to the idea of Janssen leaving, does sound like a real cunt though

Greg Stobart guy said our bid was imminent. I think there's a mutual agreement between the clubs that the fee is 20m, we just have yet to make an official bid. You can also hear that Huiberts is more open to the idea of Janssen leaving, does sound like a real cunt though

For Peace change it to Huiberts. I think other team's chairman, chief exec's love playing the cat and mouse game with Levy.

^^^^^
I think this is key... and the 'reason' why transfers feel drawn out these days... they're not, it's just we're finding out about the POSSIBILITY of them much sooner now... thanks to the Internet & Twatter etc.

Back in the day of Newspapers and TV Sports news only, the first time we'd get to HEAR about a potential transfer, would be when it was printed in a newspaper, or Jim Rosenthal would mention it in passing at the end of his round-up on The Big Match... by which point, the early/idle speculation had already been done - out of EVERYONE'S VIEW - in the coridors and meeting rooms of Newspaper hacks & the like...

Nowadays, EVERY fucker knows about 'something' first... before anyone else... being (or being SEEN TO BE) ITK is King... and as such, there is much more bollocks spouted WAY much sooner... so that IF AND WHEN a transfer is concluded, everyone is fucking sick of hearing about it, and Levy a cunt for dragging it out to saga proportions!
And if it falls through... Levy is a different type of cunt for allowing another player to slip through the net.

It will happen when it happens.
For now, chill.... it's a lovely day our!

Except for Chelsea, who no one knows about until last minute because they nab everyone else's signings last minute!

Is it only our transfers that drag out, though, or because we're focused on Spurs those are the only ones we pay attention to? I bet if you went to other clubs' forums you'd see the same.

I don't know who said it earlier, but I agree that we have a deal in place, AZ are just waiting for us to make the bid agreed on. They seem pretty vocal about the transfer, they've almost signed a replacement and Janssen has publicly said he wants the move. It's just a matter of time, which we have on our side.

I wouldn't be surprised if we've only made an opening offer then not rushed back in to sign him. It won't likely affect our season much if he signs tomorrow, or next thursday. There is no rush, and if we just keep rushing in with offer after offer they will see it as desperate. You unsettle the player, have a bid rejected, and look at other options. Doesn't mean you're not interested in him anymore, it just means that the other club starts to panic about keeping an unhappy player for the sake of an extra million.

This signing feels like when Eriksen came... you just FELT that he would.
We waited an entire year before signing him didn't we...? (After being linked the previous Summer)

This will feel relitevely immediate!

relitevely

wat.png

Wat?

Back
Top Bottom