Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Deal-with-it-GIF_1.gif

Actually didn't pick up a single red the two previous years.
I know, right? It seems like quite a few are worried about Wanyama's footballing discipline. And some say he's like a walking red card. But ... 1) Picking up cards is part of that position's game. 2) As you said, yet he has no red cards. 3) In that sense, Alli, Dier, and Lamela are also walking red cards at times. And 4) Poch is the man with the plan.

Wanyama's success is proof that all the posters claiming players from the Scottish game cannot move into the English top flight are wrong. Most surprising is TheJockmur TheJockmur who claims to have some familiarity with the Scottish game. Apart from hanging his head in shame, he should come to terms with being a discredited forum participant - a proven racist and football retard.

We should look beyond lazy stereotypes

At what point did I say we shouldn't sign Wanyama you inbred fucking twat. I've been a fan of us signing Wanyama since he was at Celtic. What you fail to realise though is in the big games Wanyama stepped it up, when it came to big games for hibs, McGinn faded away.

Where was McGinn when hibs were so desperate for promotion? Where are all the clubs clamouring for his signature? If me hoping our club has higher ambitions than some second rate, second division Scottish player who not another soul seems to have any interest in makes me the football retard, so be it, but trust me, the opinion of this forum on who the retard is regarding this particular transfer won't make you happy.

I'm a bit worried that adding another DM is going to take some momentum away from Dier/Dembele when all three are healthy and playing well but with Moussa (i learned that its officialy moussa with two ss) being so fragile, chances are probably slim that this will happen regularly

I'm a bit worried that adding another DM is going to take some momentum away from Dier/Dembele when all three are healthy and playing well but with Moussa (i learned that its officialy moussa with two ss) being so fragile, chances are probably slim that this will happen regularly

He was Moussa with the two 'SS' at Fulham, why the sudden change?

All players bought with perhaps exception of back up GK,s are bought to challenge for a first team place. If they have confidence in their ability they will try and oust the player ahead of them. This time last season we had Trippier, Davies and Alli all bought to challenge for a first team place. Alli was the only one that achieved it but Trippier and Davies had their chances and pushed Walker and Rose to play better. Competition for places is good and this is a good deal. Whether he will cement a first team place is up to him taking the chances he will get whether with Dier or Dembele as a partner.

Wanyama's success is proof that all the posters claiming players from the Scottish game cannot move into the English top flight are wrong. Most surprising is TheJockmur TheJockmur who claims to have some familiarity with the Scottish game. Apart from hanging his head in shame, he should come to terms with being a discredited forum participant - a proven racist and football retard.

We should look beyond lazy stereotypes

I went to Scotland once, it was shit.

Around the time of the Southampton game I know a few guys thought he was the dogs nuts and I disagreed. I didn't realise at the time he is only 24. I think he'll be a solid squad addition and an upgrade on Mason, Carroll and Bentaleb so for the price it's a no brainer isn't it.

*Cue tonnes of abuse when he gets sent off for the 3rd time in the season on Boxing Day at Southampton away*

I know, right? It seems like quite a few are worried about Wanyama's footballing discipline. And some say he's like a walking red card. But ... 1) Picking up cards is part of that position's game. 2) As you said, yet he has no red cards. 3) In that sense, Alli, Dier, and Lamela are also walking red cards at times. And 4) Poch is the man with the plan.

I thought, the initial post was about Dier (as there was some chatter about him just previous), but Wanyama had three red cards last season best as I can tell. Not that many yellows though, so as I've already said, it's likely something that be adjusted, ie. he just needs to stop losing his head and assaulting people :pochwtf:

Back
Top Bottom