New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't see any company wanting to pay £100m+ to sponsor two teams in the same city.

Why not ?
It's not the local clientele they are after, it's the global audience in the form of TV rights/broadcasts. Nothing comes close to the Premier league in that respect. Also, the big clubs very rarely kick off at the same time/day, this also maximises exposure.

Why not ?
It's not the local clientele they are after, it's the global audience in the form of TV rights/broadcasts. Nothing comes close to the Premier league in that respect. Also, the big clubs very rarely kick off at the same time/day, this also maximises exposure.

Just because someone somewhere along the chain of command will question and then veto it, even if it makes it past the people below them.

They'll look at it think - too many eggs in one basket, let diversify.

Since the 1920's West ham have averaged at the lowest 16k and the highest was this year at 34,910k.
Are you telling me that there have been another 32k West Ham fans all looking for tickets but never being able to attend. Or this season has been so fucking sensational that they all now want a look in?
They have been selling half season tickets and couldn't even sell out a Cat A game at Home to City. They have boosted attendance by giving away tickets at UP.
Spam finished 3rd in 1985/86, the best season ever and the average attendance was 21k we finished 10th and averaged 200 less.
I may be wrong, but we had some work going on as well didn't we?
I just don't get it.
We dipped in attendance in 86 because of that murdered police men if I recall correctly. throughout the 80's (a decade attendance fell dramatically) we we're constantly up there in the top 5 with avg. attendance between 28K-30K (Man utd. always had their hordes)

fun figures - average attendance 81\82:
spurs 35,100
West ham 26,585
Arse*** 25,589
Watford 14,631
Chelsea 13,132

Why not ?
London and the NFL will be a major draw as well.

Since the 1920's West ham have averaged at the lowest 16k and the highest was this year at 34,910k.
Are you telling me that there have been another 32k West Ham fans all looking for tickets but never being able to attend. Or this season has been so fucking sensational that they all now want a look in?
They have been selling half season tickets and couldn't even sell out a Cat A game at Home to City. They have boosted attendance by giving away tickets at UP.
Spam finished 3rd in 1985/86, the best season ever and the average attendance was 21k we finished 10th and averaged 200 less.
I may be wrong, but we had some work going on as well didn't we?
I just don't get it.
My mate who is West ham said they're so cheap that people are buying up like a dozen season tickets between groups of 4 or so mates all together. Then selling spares, taking along other mates when they want them etc. Mainly so they can all have a big group of seats for the big games. Will be like Woolwich with empty seats for a lot of small games due to season ticket holders not turning up.

Not sure where to plop this, but here is good as anywhere:

A Sentimental Journey (with Jonathan Wilson)

Excellent edition of The Blizzard podcast this week (essential reading / listening for the pseudo football hipster like myself).

Basically he talks about how the glory of success is lost on the superclubs (e.g. did Man City's League cup win this year mean anywhere near as much as Sunderlands FA Cup did to them when they won it in 1973).

Using a pilgrimage around the site of Sunderlands old Roker Park ground as a narrative device, he leads on to talk about how football clubs used to be the embodiment of local industrial pride from the majority working class fan base. And that, before the modern trend toward global franchising, the clubs where a direct representation of the communities they were based in.

Just because someone somewhere along the chain of command will question and then veto it, even if it makes it past the people below them.

They'll look at it think - too many eggs in one basket, let diversify.

Didn't they do the kits for both Rangers and Celtic simultaneously for about 3 seasons? They also do the kits for literally every single NFL team; don't think they care how many teams where their stuff in the same division.

Didn't they do the kits for both Rangers and Celtic simultaneously for about 3 seasons? They also do the kits for literally every single NFL team; don't think they care how many teams where their stuff in the same division.

As I said in the new kit thread - the Rangers and Celtic kit sponsorship with them (and I think McEwans's) is the only concurrent deal I can think of - and that was more of a religious/political statement.

As I said in the new kit thread - the Rangers and Celtic kit sponsorship with them (and I think McEwans's) is the only concurrent deal I can think of - and that was more of a religious/political statement.

Sorry, hadn't checked that thread (as long as it's white I don't care about our kit) but I think you're right.

A quick Google shows they provide kits for at least two clubs in Paris, Bucurest, and Moscow so I wouldn't rule it out completely.

The true bellends are those who felt it was a good idea to encourage that cunt behaviour by making a mock-up of the new stadium with people doing it :dembelewtf:

What's worse is they portray Kane as an egotistical wasteful striker. We all know that given a few more years of experience he would've passed it to Pritchard coming through on his right side.

Bellends.

Inside (basement level) New Stadium:
index.php

Inside (basement level) New Stadium:
index.php
That's amazing, the first internal pic I've seen and put together quite quickly really. Those red and grey pillars are, I presume, where they had those metal rods coming out of the ground in batches and then put those big blue things over them and flared the rods out to that shape, then put concrete in to create the reinforced pillars. Love that I got to see photos all the way through and saw it take shape.

"Core 3" says one of the signs. I didn't realise we had a nuclear reactor too...

My mate who is West ham said they're so cheap that people are buying up like a dozen season tickets between groups of 4 or so mates all together. Then selling spares, taking along other mates when they want them etc. Mainly so they can all have a big group of seats for the big games. Will be like Woolwich with empty seats for a lot of small games due to season ticket holders not turning up.
So, thats another 20,000 tickets sold. Why couldn't any of these mates buy a ST at Upton Park then? We are talking about £100 more for the most expensive one at UP in comparison to the most expensive ST at OS.
So, they couldn't afford to pay the £150 more it would have cost them for a band 4 at UP, or were there 20,000 Spam fans out there who just couldn't get hold of a ST? Surely not as they would not need to sell half season tickets. Have Spam consistently sold out all their ST each year, I don't know.
Didn't Brady also say the £289 season ticket and the £99 for all under-16s, was being funded by the Premier League’s broadcast deal from 2016-17.
They are hoping to make it up on hospitality.

It makes me fucking laugh the I hear Malcolm Clarke saying “West Ham United have thrown down the gauntlet to other clubs – who can offer the cheapest season ticket prices in the top flight?”
Other clubs cannot do that can they you stupid cunt. They have not been given a stadium with nearly double the capacity, with no overheads. Have they even paid for the increased capacity and facilities; are they going to pay for the proposed further increase of capacity and therefore facilities, in 17/18?.
Any debt they incurred from the move will be wiped out, or significantly reduced, by selling UP to Galliard ffs.
Why didn't Wet Spam reduce their ST prices at Upton park by 23% then. What a complete cunt.

So, Wet Spam the team who have never won a title, have won one European trophy 50 years ago 3 FA cups and 2 league cups - the last 37 & 36 years ago respectively and, since our last flirt with the 2nd tier, have spent 8 seasons playing in it - are suddenly the best supported club in London?

Back
Top Bottom