Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Help you.....
Think not, surprised you even show your face around here anymore, I would have thought the positive vibe around the forum wouldn't have been agreeable to your negative disposition.
Don't you have walkie talkies to fix mate?
Oh dear.
You really are empty headed aren't you? What is really funny is your insistence that I do something that you find risible, when, given the fact that you drive plant material and spend your salary on whores, training shoes and drugs - hardly puts you in a position to look down on anyone, with the possible exception of dead tramps. The closest you have come to accuracy with regards to my employment is that I used to be a radio engineer many years ago in the army, but it was microwave radios - not that I expect that you will get the difference.

I have been posting on here quite happily for a while - yet I haven't seen you do so, but then again I haven't seen any shoe threads for a long time, so that's probably why you have been quiet.

TTFN.

Oh dear.
You really are empty headed aren't you? What is really funny is your insistence that I do something that you find risible, when, given the fact that you drive plant material and spend your salary on whores, training shoes and drugs - hardly puts you in a position to look down on anyone, with the possible exception of dead tramps. The closest you have come to accuracy with regards to my employment is that I used to be a radio engineer many years ago in the army, but it was microwave radios - not that I expect that you will get the difference.

I have been posting on here quite happily for a while - yet I haven't seen you do so, but then again I haven't seen any shoe threads for a long time, so that's probably why you have been quiet.

TTFN.
200px-Arthur_Lowe.jpg

What a goose

Oh dear.

TTFN.
Some of the nicest people I have ever spent weekends with, have been dead tramps...
Just saying

Oh dear.

TTFN.

I can't recall specifically, but fairly certain our resident bike riding saffie found you out, by posting a link of you being called out by your former army 'buddies' on one of their forums as both a cunt and a fraud....
I did have a giggle at some of your insults though mate, they were awfully close to the mark!
Seems when you lost your way in Bermuda, you also lost your senses of humour/banter.
Grab a beer, sit on the beach, watch Kane highlights and get your missus to give you a BJ....
If that dosent put a smile on your miserable old face, then fuck, start supporting the Toon, those lot are about as miserable right now as you have always been...match made in heaven.

Oh rubber things that bounce, when will you boys learn! If you have jinxed it, we will all be cursing you

:dierno::carrollwtf::kaneshh::townhmm::townhmm:

Dier gets hurt, Carroll comes on for him, Kane opens the scoring before Townsend scores 2 to win the match for the barcodes. Is that the script, Mrs P? :clintonohshit::kanehand::pochsulk:

Mauricio Pochettino drinks in wise words from his inspiration Alex Ferguson
3892.jpg

As Mauricio Pochettino seeks to knock Woolwich off their perch, his choice of lunch companion on Tuesday was appropriate and enlightening. Sir Alex Ferguson rated the manner in which he wrested supremacy from Liverpool as one of his finest achievements at Manchester United. For Pochettino, their meal together at Scott’s in Mayfair was not only a “dream come true” but an “inspiration”.

One of the principal storylines of the final day of the Premier League season concerns whether Pochettino and Tottenham Hotspur can finish above Woolwich, in second place. They need a point at relegated Newcastle United to make sure and it will probably be required as Woolwich have to be favourites to beat the similarly Championship-bound Aston Villa at Emirates Stadium.

If Tottenham can close the deal it would be the first time since 1994-95 – and the pre-Arsène Wenger era – that they would have come in ahead of Woolwich but if they were to falter they would face derision from the red half of north London. A few weeks back it had been a straight fight between Leicester City and Tottenham to finish in first. But, following draws with West Bromwich Albion and Chelsea and a defeat against Southampton, Tottenham have raised the prospect of finishing third in a two-horse race.

It is a big deal to the club’s fans to finish above Woolwich and Pochettino accepted that it would provide an emotional lift. “I recognise it would be a fantastic thing,” he said. “For our supporters, for us and for the players.” But Pochettino has broader goals and he made it clear that they take in much more than neighbourhood supremacy. If that is a product of being on top, then all well and good. But the priority was simply to be on top.

“If it’s impossible to be first we need to try to be second,” Pochettino said. “I don’t care which is the club that fights with us. The supporters and their feelings are very important but we are professional and to move on, we sometimes need to put the emotions out. I want to be second not because we’ll be above our enemy but because we are ambitious. It’s fantastic to create and go our own way, because our objectives for the next few seasons are to fight for the title.”

There was a time when Ferguson v Wenger was the pre-eminent rivalry in English football and it might have been a topical subject for Pochettino at Scott’s. We will never know because the Tottenham manager, unsurprisingly, refused to reveal any of the juicy details.

What shone through, however, was how Pochettino drank in rather more than the £114 bottle of Brunello di Montalcino (2011). He said, with a smile, that he had only one glass and it was his assistant, Jesús Pérez, who drank the rest. Pérez had organised the meal and paid the bill.

“Myself and Sir Alex spoke, and Jesús drank,” Pochettino laughed, and Pérez did not disagree. “I learned many things. It was two hours and it was very emotional. Every word, every sentence he told us, was a big lesson.

“Of course, it can help me to become a better manager. You can read books but there he was in front of us, with his charisma and personality. You understand why he is Sir Alex Ferguson.

“It was difficult for me to sleep that night, because it was fantastic to meet him. When I started my career as a manager, he was always my inspiration, my reference, and when you can share two hours with a person who, for me, was the greatest manager in the world and the history of football, you can only enjoy it. I wanted to stop time but it was impossible.”

Pochettino and Pérez had bumped into Ferguson at the League Managers Association’s president’s dinner in March and they resolved to do lunch, when time permitted. “We had a short chat at the LMA dinner and we both said, and Jesús, that it would be good to meet one day,” Pochettino said. “Both of us were interested to know each other.”

Ferguson has described Pochettino as the best manager in the league and although the Argentinian signed a new five-year contract at Tottenham on Thursday, it is plain that he is on Ferguson’s radar – and, by extension, that of United.

Pochettino has invited Ferguson to visit him at Tottenham and he said that the Scot “would like to come”. He also said that they had laughed at an old story in the media which had asked whether Pochettino would become the new Ferguson at Espanyol – his first job in management.

Pochettino’s new contract at Spurs features a change in his title from head coach to manager which, he said, better reflects the scope of his work. He talked about the need to improve the squad for next season, when Champions League football will present a new challenge, and how there was money to spend. Progress, though, can come via other avenues.

“We need to improve our mental state next season,” Pochettino said. “Always, we have been better than our opponents but it’s not always about playing well. You need to manage the mental side. We need to cross this line.”

First of all, Pochettino and Tottenham need to cross it ahead of Woolwich.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...no-alex-ferguson-tottenham-newcastle-Woolwich

Bloody rolling in it

On-field success propelling Spurs to Europe's financial big leagues

On-field success propelling Tottenham to Europe's financial big league, according to Forbes
  • JAMES BENGE
  • Mauricio Pochettino's best results as Tottenham boss

Tottenham’s on-field success under Mauricio Pochettino will only help spur them on to greater heights in football’s money league, according to Forbes.

Earlier this week Spurs found themselves ranked in the top 10 most valuable teams of 2016 by the American business magazine, who placed them in the elite bracket of clubs valued at over $1billion (£700m).

Whilst Mauricio Pochettino’s side are still some way behind Europe’s footballing elite when it comes to financial scale, with the trio of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United all valued at in excess of £2billion, Spurs are making remarkable progress off the pitch, with their Forbes valuation rocketing up by 69 per cent in the past year.

Though this is partly explained by sponsorship deals with the likes of AIA (worth £16m a year) and Under Armour Chris Smith of Forbes also credits the upshot in value to the significant upturn in form Spurs have enjoying since the arrival of Pochettino.

Forbes Most Valuable 20

That has never been more apparent than this season, when Tottenham emerged as the most likely challengers to Leicester City in a remarkable title race. Though they missed out on top spot in the final weeks they are guaranteed an automatic spot in the Champions League group stage, yet another boost to the club’s value.

“For Spurs a lot of their rise has been because of on-field factors,” Smith told Standard Sport. “By performing so well this season they’ve earned themselves a bigger cut of the Premier League revenues.

READ MORE
Spurs must retain north London supremacy if they finish above Woolwich
“Equally qualifying for the Champions League is huge for a club’s finances, next season you’ll get nearly £10m just for taking part. For a team like Chelsea last year, who were about the tenth best in the competition, they earned £30 million.

“Compared with many other sports in soccer your performance on the pitch has much more of a direct impact on your value due to television revenues. In addition your success drives interest on other fronts, whether that be sponsors or merchandise sales.”

Spurs’ ascent into the upper echelons of Europe’s financial table has also been aided by geographical factors. Four London teams are in Forbes’ top 20, West Ham towards the bottom of the list but still valued more highly than AS Roma or Newcastle, Chelsea in seventh and Woolwich in fifth.

Mauricio How Mauricio Pochettino can turn Tottenham in title winners
The pulling power of a metropolis at the heart of the world’s biggest game is only increasing, with Alexis Sanchez among the most notable players to choose the allure of the capital over other opportunities.

And Smith expects this drain of talent and money to London to continue as Chelsea, Tottenham and West Ham move into new stadiums in the coming years.

He added: “In the NFL some teams have to pay a premium to convince players to come to their city because it might not be the most attractive place to live. I think we might see the inverse in action in London.

“Being able to live in London and be a part of clubs with great heritage and passionate, raucous fanbases would be a selling point for any player.”

Sorry if the layout is crap, copy & paste on phone

does he have any control of the players? serious question?

Against WBA he sees Alli and Walker kick out. Any manager would see this (and Alli's 3 match suspension) and drive it into the players that kicking out/reacting at this time is the stupidest thing you can do. What do our bunch do the very next game? they gauge eyes, throw blood at opponents, kick out again (one being the same fucking brain dead moron that did it the last game) and all sorts. Another player banned.

Poch says "that's football blah blah". Doesn't drop Walker for being poor as well as being an idiot. Poch plays mason despite being fucking turd water. We lose to southmapton....

Poch decides after that loss is the best time to meet Sir Alex Ferguson. In public and just before the newcastle game he thinks it's a really good timer to cause controversy (straight out the Harry Redknapp book). He then talks about how it's not important to finish above Woolwich blah blah blah

we get battered to a relegated team and put in zero effort.

He and the squad were zeroed in on the title. Once that went out the window we all lost the plot collectively - the entire club and all the supporters. No reason to doubt the man who just got us to the CL-group stages and our best finish since 1990 - and with a very young team at that. Hopefully we all learned something from this because we will be considered a contender come august.

He and the squad were zeroed in on the title. Once that went out the window we all lost the plot collectively - the entire club and all the supporters. No reason to doubt the man who just got us to the CL-group stages and our best finish since 1990 - and with a very young team at that. Hopefully we all learned something from this because we will be considered a contender come august.

That's dissappointing tbh. It was a long shot anyway to overtake Leicester as they have been excellent August to May. What I expected was a professional mentality to finish the season so when we looked back we could pin point the slow start as our problem. Now it seems Poch really hasn't sorted our mentality and needs to shake it off himself first.

Back
Top Bottom