Zeki Fryers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's looking good so far but where will he play? He's a left back but has been playing at CB in the last few games (Espanyol, Monaco). He won't get in front of Benny or Rose so maybe his best chance is to play out of position. He could even turn into a decent centre half with a left foot, which is a bonus.

Given his relative inexperience, he has been generally solid when called upon at both left-back and centre-back. A good option to have in reserve for when we suffer our inevitable injury crisis'!

IMO he is poor even for 3rd string backup. His game improved yesterday but I'm not about to forget how unfit, slow to the ball and slow witted he has been for most of his appearances.

Harsh but he has been bandied around a few clubs early on and it's not like clubs have busted a gut to keep him. I don't see much athleticism in him either.

Sorry Zeki! I hope he proves me wrong.

I think he's been pretty decent at LB too the last few times I've seen him. More brains on the pitch than Rose.

IMO left back has been the worst of the worst areas all season no matter who has played there. Managers have constantly attacked us there.

I think it's an accumulative thing: You could have prime Maldini there but if you have the brain trust that is Lennon, Siggy or Townsend in front of you (or Eriksen or Holtby in confused/wingish out of positionish) he will struggle IMO.

To be honest, I would not play a left back if the choice is Fryers or Rose. I would go back 3 and put some beasts in the midfield. AVB and Sherwood not buying a top left back (and AVB compounding it by letting Benny go) ruined our season.

Get a grip he's only 21. He's hardly played 1st team and on the occasions he's done so he's done ok - I can only really think of west ham in the league cup where he looked shit. It's not like David Tuttle or guy butters where we got several seasons of them being pish and slow, before accepting they had to go. Not every youngster we have is going to be top drawer straight away like Ledley or (sorry) judas.

Back
Top Bottom