Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was good on the ball today, good play from him to set up the first goal. Looks like he was instructed to take shots out the box as well.

However, the problem is defensively and in that role you really need to do well out of possession. He needs to do a better job tracking runners like with Wood's chance and closing players down which he did really poorly when Luton scored against us last week.

He gets his foot in more than most midfielders in this league bar Palhinha. More than anyone else in our team.

The problem is, bar him and the CB’s were a team that don’t get their foot in enough. Our front three are fucking soft as shit, Maddison and Sarr aren’t contributing much defensively right now and some of the defending from the fb’s is atrocious (like Udogie today).

If we had any decent back ups both fb’s should have been the ones coming off at ht.

That shouldn't be the standard hence why we need better especially for this system.

Are you sure you are not mistaking him for Udogie?

Udogie is certainly the prime culprit as he simply lets his man go completely and gives up, but Bissouma sees the runner fly forward and continues jogging as if there’s no danger.

At least get back and run hard, you never know how the ball will fall and you might be able to make a clearance or a tackle. He chose to just let it happen.

Udogie is certainly the prime culprit as he simply lets his man go completely and gives up, but Bissouma sees the runner fly forward and continues jogging as if there’s no danger.

At least get back and run hard, you never know how the ball will fall and you might be able to make a clearance or a tackle. He chose to just let it happen.
That's his standard response
"fuck me - how did that happen, oh well!"

That’s utter rubbish. Bissouma has his man covered and stays ahead of him the whole time, it’s Udogie who completely gives up and lets his man, who was far more pivotal, completely run off him.

Somehow trying to drag Bissouma into fault for that goal is just blatant scapegoating.

He was OK at times today. Still not doing anywhere near enough if you compare him to players in a similar position of the other top 6 clubs. He's not scoring , He's not assisting, He's not really driving with the ball He's not providing solid defensive cover. Like ndombele no good having ability if you're not going to showcase it on a consistent basis.

That’s utter rubbish. Bissouma has his man covered and stays ahead of him the whole time, it’s Udogie who completely gives up and lets his man, who was far more pivotal, completely run off him.

Somehow trying to drag Bissouma into fault for that goal is just blatant scapegoating.

Bissouma has his man covered but there is clearly a more dangerous situation developing with Udogie having let his man go, a true DM would try to catch up and help his team. Not stay 30 yards away from the action and do nothing.

As I said before, the worst offender is Udogie but are you really saying that when a teammate loses their man in a situation like that, it’s right to just stay in your position and let them score? You have to react to events, Bissouma could easily have ran his arse off and got into the box to help defend the situation.

He got dragged off at HT for a reason.

Bissouma has his man covered but there is clearly a more dangerous situation developing with Udogie having let his man go, a true DM would try to catch up and help his team. Not stay 30 yards away from the action and do nothing.

As I said before, the worst offender is Udogie but are you really saying that when a teammate loses their man in a situation like that, it’s right to just stay in your position and let them score? You have to react to events, Bissouma could easily have ran his arse off and got into the box to help defend the situation.

He got dragged off at HT for a reason.

I have watched it again. There is absolutely nothing BIssouma can do about the guy who runs off Udogie, he's nowhere near him.

The fact that you came straight in here to blame Bissouma instead of going into Udigie's thread is really odd, because what he did was fucking atrocious compared to Bissouma.

I've also seen plenty of instances where Bissouma is the only midfielder running back, whilst others, like Udogie and the forwards are barely even jogging, like Kulusevski after his shit pass giveaway last week that cost us a goal.

If you look at our 1st goal, Bissouma was absolutely instrumental, with 2 quick passes and forward drive. Looked like the Bissouma of old. I liked what I saw of him in that 1st half.

And Forest's 1st goal cannot be solely blamed on him just because he is the DM. It has to be a collective effort.

That's why i was rather surprised he was hooked off at HT.

If you look at our 1st goal, Bissouma was absolutely instrumental, with 2 quick passes and forward drive. Looked like the Bissouma of old. I liked what I saw of him in that 1st half.

And Forest's 1st goal cannot be solely blamed on him just because he is the DM. It has to be a collective effort.

That's why i was rather surprised he was hooked off at HT.

I reckon he’s carrying an injury. Last night was a classic example of it. Could do well it fits and starts but couldn’t quite get himself around the pitch as well as he wanted.

Biss was doing all the right stuff at the start of the season, so he can do it on a regular base, maybe carrying illness for African cup ? maybe same with Sarr
surely the medical staff must have enough day to day data and match data to be picking up any changes in bloods & body

I thought he started the game well tbh.

It wasn't until they actually equalised against the run of play that we stated to sort of panic abit. And they started gaining more and more confidence. In which I then thought the whole midfield struggled. I would honestly not have been against all 3 being hooked at HT

Will be interesting to see where his place is in the team when we play the big boys. Because they're going to press and he's out best outlet when it comes to that. Hojbjerg and Bentancur both had good game yesterday after coming on but neither are 6s in this system and both have their faults when being pressed and asked to turn and break lines.

He was good on the ball today, good play from him to set up the first goal. Looks like he was instructed to take shots out the box as well.

However, the problem is defensively and in that role you really need to do well out of possession. He needs to do a better job tracking runners like with Wood's chance and closing players down which he did really poorly when Luton scored against us last week.
I think this position is the most important to strengthen this summer.

The way we play it's a MUST to have a DM that's really sound defensively. As it is now, teams carve us open, and only have to do a cut-back to score, because there's no one there blocking that space.

What DM's are out there, and gettable? I've never seen Rabiot play, any good?

I think this position is the most important to strengthen this summer.

The way we play it's a MUST to have a DM that's really sound defensively. As it is now, teams carve us open, and only have to do a cut-back to score, because there's no one there blocking that space.

What DM's are out there, and gettable? I've never seen Rabiot play, any good?
Rabiot is pretty average tbh and is getting old. He doesn't play as a DM for Juve, Locatelli does and he's pretty good, I wouldn't mind getting him.

Onana at Everton is another one, but he'll be expensive.

Back
Top Bottom