Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I rate Bissouma and think he can be a top top player, but only on his day, which has been non existent since his amazing start to the season. Admittedly I do think against low block teams his value is diminished badly, but even still I think he really needs to step up because what we've been getting from him since his suspensions has not been good enough.

I understand supporting players and believing they have the tools and would never lay into one of our but Bissouma ain't the player we need.

It's a shame but he hasn't got the tools, be that football-wise or strength of mind.

I would be more comfortable with Hjojberg than Bissouma.

Last edited:
He’s had about five good matches in our shirt, he is way overrated. Today he failed to impose himself on the ball and his sloppy play gave Wolves the winning chance.

If someone as inconsistent as him is our first choice CM, it shows how much work we still have to do. He would be a substitute at best for Liverpool, Woolwich and City.

I’m just not convinced he has the personality to make the most of his physical and technical talent. He should be intimidating to play against but outside of the early matches he has been a mouse. Typical Tottenham player sadly.

Strange why he’s fallen off a cliff, he was absolutely balling the first 10 games.

I think he’s a total confidence player, if he has any doubts he doesn’t perform and you might as well not play him.

He’s had about five good matches in our shirt, he is way overrated. Today he failed to impose himself on the ball and his sloppy play gave Wolves the winning chance.

If someone as inconsistent as him is our first choice CM, it shows how much work we still have to do. He would be a substitute at best for Liverpool, Woolwich and City.

I’m just not convinced he has the personality to make the most of his physical and technical talent. He should be intimidating to play against but outside of the early matches he has been a mouse. Typical Tottenham player sadly.

I wished I had written that and would have loved it even more if you were wrong.

Super post and correct..

If he left tomorrow, surely his time at Spurs would have been underwhelming to say the least.

Too easy blaming Conte for his poor first year...or saying he was unplayable the first 6 or 7 games this season.

For the vast majority of his Spurs career, he's been a (big) disappointment. Whatever the reasons - Conteball, poor form, suspensions...- that's pretty much a fact.

We bought him because he was consistently very good at Brighton. Seen him be that good here. He good just need to work out how to keep it up

Playing for Brighton is not the same as playing for Tottenham. Brighton can lose games and nobody cares because they are expecting to lose games. Their target is safety, anything else is a bonus.

Here there is pressure and Bissouma isn't playing well under pressure. Conte's rant from last season is coming true again:

“They are used to it here, not playing for anything important. They don’t want to play under pressure, under stress.”

Bissouma looks every inch a player who is not used to playing for anything important. He's not used to having to produce a top performance in every game. One game he's Dembele, the next he's Paulinho. There's only so much a manager can do if a player doesn't have the fire inside.

Early in the game he fell over under a challenge. Some thought it was a foul.
I didn't.
I don't think Romero would have fallen to the ground.

If he left tomorrow, surely his time at Spurs would have been underwhelming to say the least.

Too easy blaming Conte for his poor first year...or saying he was unplayable the first 6 or 7 games this season.

For the vast majority of his Spurs career, he's been a (big) disappointment. Whatever the reasons - Conteball, poor form, suspensions...- that's pretty much a fact.

We got the worst of thebig costing Brighton midfielders.

Playing for Brighton is not the same as playing for Tottenham. Brighton can lose games and nobody cares because they are expecting to lose games. Their target is safety, anything else is a bonus.

Here there is pressure and Bissouma isn't playing well under pressure. Conte's rant from last season is coming true again:

“They are used to it here, not playing for anything important. They don’t want to play under pressure, under stress.”

Bissouma looks every inch a player who is not used to playing for anything important. He's not used to having to produce a top performance in every game. One game he's Dembele, the next he's Paulinho. There's only so much a manager can do if a player doesn't have the fire inside.
I don’t disagree with your broader point about our players, but I do think Bissouma can rise to that standard. Or at least get much closer.

He needs to forge more of a partnership with someone. He looks a bit lost at times.

Bit like your boy Kulusevski then.

That’s at least four more decent matches than Kulusevski’s had this season, and yet…

People dropping Dejan when he absolutely carried us earlier this season just shows how quick people are to forget.

Interesting bullshit juxtaposition.

I'm starting to get why Conte didn't trust him.
Been seeing why Conte did not trust him for a while now, he switches off so often, today's second goal being a prime example, gives ball away cheaply and then no awareness of player on his shoulder who eventually scores the goal. You can live with this play if he is scoring the other end, but he contributes little to scoring either. There is a player in there, we have all seen it, but not seeing it anywhere near often enough, he needs to address that or we need better.

He’s so overrated

I still remember when people were saying that he was our best player towards the beginning of the season and that he was better than Dembele

He was really good then. People (as usual) got overexcited but he was really good. Obviously a confidence player.

He has all the tools. Ability wise he’s great but form wise he’s not there. Still think he’ll get back on it as he’s a proper footballer.

He was really good then. People (as usual) got overexcited but he was really good. Obviously a confidence player.

He has all the tools. Ability wise he’s great but form wise he’s not there. Still think he’ll get back on it as he’s a proper footballer.
I’m not sure he’s the exact six we’re looking for. I think he’s very good on the ball, but he’s not as fast and aggressive off it. Of course, if we opt for another six, it means we’d then have Sarr, Biss and Betancur fighting over one place (presuming Maddison is fit).

I can’t explain the recent mistakes. He just needs to cut those out. That’s basic concentration.

Back
Top Bottom