Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So unlucky for Bissouma...

Assistant coach comment about his withdrawal - "It's an injury that came from the last match. Bissouma has an ankle problem. He tried to push himself and we worked to have Bissouma on the pitch, but he was mature to say the truth and he was not 100%. It's very good when the player speaks and tells us they are not 100% and it's better to use a player that is available 100% as Skippy was and he played a good match. We are happy that Bissouma spoke the truth and we could make the right choice."

Also that he will be 100% for NLD.

But given recent games, I doubt he plays a big part there...

did Biss play in a 3 at Brighton?

I cant remember for sure but I do remember him being a very box-to-box style player, which im guessing meant he was in a 3 as doing the B2B stuff in a 2 man midfield would leave obvious gaps

Start him and Bentancur tonight.

We need to get this guy going he is a good player just yet to show it fully here.
Not on Conte's watch. Son can get all the second, third, fourth chances though.

doc/kulu---bent---sarr----biss--perisic
----------------kane----rich-------

wanna see that for the FA cup if all are available

could even switch to
-----CM-------CM----
----------kulu------------
-------kane--rich

to mix it up a bit.

Needs to start and get a good run of games. As much as I like PEH, he’s apart of the problem with our progressive passes, I think Bissouma is a much more talented player and should be paired with Bentancur. PEH is a great rotational player and is an absolute warrior but we need a little more quality, especially against the lower ranked teams in the table.

Time to give Bissouma a solid block of games to find his rhythm.

Indeed....I still can't believe Conte didn't start him in the Goons game over Sarr.
He always played well against them in his time in Brighton.

He had an ankle issue.

But having said that Conte clearly doesn’t trust him yet. He has been poor in most of his games and not played with much personality. It’s clear that right now Conte is trying to go back to basics which means last seasons first XI so Bissouma will have to be patient.

I think he will fully outlast Conte mate.
Praying I Hope GIF by The Paley Center for Media

Back
Top Bottom