Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've got the points, I agree, but have you not seen how we struggle to control the game or create anything playing 3-4-3. Playing that formation has become a chore, and any team just needs to put three in midfield against is to shut us out.

The minute we moved to 3-5-2 yesterday, the players looked more motivated, and we looked far more dangerous.

343 looks good with Kulusevski as he is the AM in the system connecting the midfield to attack. Son, Kane and Richarlison are forwards so there is a major balance issue. Without Kulusevski we should play 352.

We have more suitable personal for 352 than 343. If Conte wishes to use 343 as his preferred system long term we need someone else other than Kulusevski, a AM wide player like Maddison or Zaniolo or whoever our scouts find.

Last edited:
My man of the match today ... completely changed the game for us.

Surely we have to use 3-5-2 more readily now? I really don't think 3-4-3 works against most oppenents.
The 3-4-3 falls apart without Kulusevski, nobody else in the squad has his set of attributes.

Richarlison and Son are excellent players, but playmakers and connectors they are not.

Bissouma has to look at who Conte favours.

It's very simple in this manager's eyes.

Perform consistently at a level he accepts or you dont play. Nothing complex.

Of course within that there are 4 or 5 players who Conte currently sees as being integral components .

I think Maddison in January is possible (he would add something) but any player who we are interested in and whilst Conte is at the club needs to be very clear on the ask.

We've got the points, I agree, but have you not seen how we struggle to control the game or create anything playing 3-4-3. Playing that formation has become a chore, and any team just needs to put three in midfield against is to shut us out.

The minute we moved to 3-5-2 yesterday, the players looked more motivated, and we looked far more dangerous.

Struggle to create?

Only Man City have scored more goals than us since Conte has taken charge. Where we've predominantly played 343?

We rarely go a game without scoring a goal. Especially against the bigger clubs. Teams can just put 3 against us to shut us out? Why have only one team in the entire country won more points than us since Conte took charge then?

The odd takes people have when it comes to this Spurs team amazes me.

Best showing by a mile, but matching Everton with 3 in the middle was always going to make a big difference.

Seems clear that Conte prefers the central two and Hojbjerg and Bentancur are still ahead of him and are his 1st choice pairing. The way they're playing, he's going to have to be outstanding to get in the side.

Struggle to create?

Only Man City have scored more goals than us since Conte has taken charge. Where we've predominantly played 343?

We rarely go a game without scoring a goal. Especially against the bigger clubs. Teams can just put 3 against us to shut us out? Why have only one team in the entire country won more points than us since Conte took charge then?

The odd takes people have when it comes to this Spurs team amazes me.

Most Spurs fans I know have believed we need to go 3-5-2 for some time now ... even Jenas said it on MOTD last night. Hardly an "odd take" as you call it when most people have been asking for it for quite a while.

Most Spurs fans I know have believed we need to go 3-5-2 for some time now ... even Jenas said it on MOTD last night. Hardly an "odd take" as you call it when most people have been asking for it for quite a while.

The odd take isn't believing we should go to 352.

The odd take is thinking 343 is in some way bad, doesn't create enough chances and is easy for teams to shut us down. When in fact, it's the complete opposite as proven by our results and where we are in the league.

Nothing wrong with 352. There's also nothing wrong with 343. The fact we can play both and continue to perform as well as we do is a testament to how good Conte is as a coach and how good our team is.

The odd take is thinking 343 is in some way bad, doesn't create enough chances and is easy for teams to shut us down.
I don't think it's bad, but it isn't pretty because thus far the other teams have expected it and set themselves up accordingly. What we're starting to see employed to good effect is a tactical change that can only really happen now that Bissouma seems to be up and running. Now we can shape shift properly and twist their melons a bit.

And Bissouma...watching that 2nd half back...I am very excited to see him get more minutes.

This was my favourite photo from yesterday:

27a487a2a6b627bd79df048351379fdc.jpg

Oppo beware!

Odd to think it wasn’t that long ago Winks/Sissoko was our best midfield. We can now put out Bissouma, Hojbjerg and Bentancur with Skipp and Sarr off the bench.

Very impressive contribution, but don't want to overload him with unreasonable expectations. I'm trusting Antonio to manage his playing time accordingly. But even I can see that the extra body in midfield made a big difference to our play, so I hope that we stick with this formation.

Back
Top Bottom