Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With a midfield 2 in wing back system, you don't really need a goal scoring midfielder in normal play. The wing backs and 3 attackers are the main attacking outlet, while the midfielders are just conductor.

Bissouma has everything we need: great engine, ball winning, ball carrying ability, brute strength, aerial presence, composure with the ball under pressure. I remember a couple long range goal from him. He does look like he can shoot very well. Perhaps, if there is more space and opportunity he can score more?
Sure, that's the tactical style in theory but look at how much PEH gets into goal scoring positions. He literally has a good chance every other game. Imagine that chance against Liverpool falls to someone more capable. City and Liverpool win a lot thanks to VVD, Henderson, Rodri etc. chipping in with crucial goals.

There's a lot of potential points waiting for us if we can find such a player.

TBF to Bissouma, his attacking numbers could go up quite a bit with out front line being on the end of his passes, and he could get on the end of a lot too.

You might suspect that Daniel Levy a man renowned for his meticulous calculating eye for detail..might know more than a well meaning balding man who talks about football on the internet.. but you know financial and strategic concerns innit... This truly is the age of total fucking ignorance

Pun Leroy Patterson GIF by The Human Tackboard

A crazy amount of steel and industriousness in this midfield of PEH/Bentancur/Skipp/Bissouma if we're settling on 3-4-3, I think we are going to be too much to handle for many teams next season on sheer physicality.

Give Don Fab credit for turning Winksokko + gio + nbelly to Skipp, Hojberg, Bissouma and Bentacur in 1 year.

Central midfield has gone from our weakest area to the one of the strongest - and I don't think we're done there yet.

I've had a quick browse through some non-spurs forums, Bissouma deal definitely made a bit of splash. Good indication that it's not just us in our Spurs bubble who rate him.

Give Don Fab credit for turning Winksokko + gio + nbelly to Skipp, Hojberg, Bissouma and Bentacur in 1 year.

Central midfield has gone from our weakest area to the one of the strongest - and I don't think we're done there yet.

Fab deserves his props, but Skipp & PEH were already here. The latter made 53 appearances that season.

Back
Top Bottom