Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some Spurs fans need to wake up to the fact that this guy just isn’t very good. He is not that guy.

Talented, sure. But has serious flaws to his game and obviously some serious temperament /personality issues (the fact he’s been booted out of the Mali squad too should be raising real alarm bells)

I would personally start
Hojbjerg ahead of him for the remaining games, despite how unsuited he also is to the 6 role in Anges system.

Have to remember he did contract malaria at Afcon. Looked like he still had it when he was chasing Townsend. Someone needs to stand on Paqueta, it needs to be Bissouma.
Strange how so many of these ex Brighton players fail to perform when they move. He was so good at the start of the season, must be a reason.

I didn’t watch that game and think replacing Bissouma will solve the big issues. We are a team good at moving forwards but with a bunch of players that don’t always move backwards as keenly.

I’d definitely start with the front players, and even the two 8’s don’t create enough of quality - even Maddison.

But let’s suppose we can upgrade Bissouma, who or what type of 6 is going to fit how we play an
It's a good question.

There is a whole world of footballers out there though, there must be a 6 that can do what we need.
Nicola Rovella completely different type of player but has Paratici ties and is a good passing 6

Never seen him but heard the name.

Was thinking Locatelli might be worth a cheeky bid too.
Locatellis a quality player.

none have the kind of attributes as Bissouma has, he's quite unique, excellent tackling and duel numbers, being press resistant etc

but I think some have confused Bissouma's best qualities as being fundamental to an Ange Postecoglou holding midfielder, when in fact we actually don't know.

Having a good first touch and good awareness gets you out of trouble as a midfielder most of the time.

Central midfield is one position where Postecoglou hasn't had "his" choice in, all our midfielders were at the club before him and it is such an important position.

I still personally think Bentancur is the best midfielder at the club but injuries have made it difficult for him in recent times.

Yeah, overall it was probably his best game in a while.

But West Ham also had zero intention of marking or pressing him. His passes did seem a lot more braver.

Harder games to come.

Yeah, overall it was probably his best game in a while.

But West Ham also had zero intention of marking or pressing him. His passes did seem a lot more braver.

Harder games to come.
No team is pressing Biss, that's why he's not standing out in games. Teams sit off him a little bit, mark his passing lanes.

He's been up and down since joining performance wise but he's definitely an improvement on Hojbjerg. All you can ask for is that a signing is better than the player they are ultimately replacing in the team.

best game for a long time. looks like he had his confidence take a dent. the silly reds were embarrassing for him so maybe something to do with that. competition will do him good.

If any of you guys listen to the extra inch pod, have a listen from 45min. What Nathan says sums up perfectly what I have been saying.
I don't trust them on any conversations regarding Yves Bissouma. They have a long problematic relationship with this man they should honestly speak to before offering any opinion on the player. Sorry the exception being the Italian one, he wasn't part of the strange lynch mob. I choose my words very precisely.

Unfortunately he’s in that range where he’s not good enough to really improve the team to the next level but good enough where we aren’t desperately trying to replace him. So an acceptable level of average.

Back
Top Bottom