Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

nT-qeQ.gif

After three forwards, one of the 8’s, Bentancur, Hojbjerg, Skipp, two back up FB’s, he’s definitely a priority.

If he’s our best CM then we won’t be challenging for the title any time soon. Players like Rodri and Rice are on a completely different level, they are consistently excellent.

Hopefully next season we sign a top quality CM to play with Sarr and Bissouma can be a squad player.

If he’s our best CM then we won’t be challenging for the title any time soon. Players like Rodri and Rice are on a completely different level, they are consistently excellent.

Hopefully next season we sign a top quality CM to play with Sarr and Bissouma can be a squad player.

We've seen what he has in his locker.... And that's a TOP player.

.........It's down to us drag that out of him on a consistent basis.

He needs to step up; not step aside.

...............Consigning him to squad player status sees us giving up on that idea.

Rice isn’t even trusted by Arteta to play as a single pivot 6 most games.

Like I said, there’s about three midfielders and three attackers out the door before he gets upgraded.

We've seen what he has in his locker.... And that's a TOP player.

.........It's down to us drag that out of him on a consistent basis.

He needs to step up; not step aside.

...............Consigning him to squad player status sees us giving up on that idea.
He doesn’t need to perform like that every week, he just needs to raise the floor and ensure he’s not below a 7/10’s. He was good today, steady but not stand out like early season. That’ll do for me

No he's just trusted to be their player of the season and the best box to box CM in the league currently.

Like Grealish was City’s player of the season who Pep love love loved long time last season?

It was Jorginho getting all the plaudits last week.

Did you read what I posted for you last week. Arteta didn’t buy Ricehorn to be a “box to box” midfielder, he bought him to be Rodri.

Rice isn’t even trusted by Arteta to play as a single pivot 6 most games.

Like I said, there’s about three midfielders and three attackers out the door before he gets upgraded.
Early in the season Biss was second only to Rodri for DMs.

The inconsistency is the issue, not the ability. He got sabotaged a bit by whistles that don’t go against his contemporaries but he also allowed himself to get sabotaged.

The best players don’t allow anything to sabotage them.

Like Grealish was City’s player of the season who Pep love love loved long time last season?

It was Jorginho getting all the plaudits last week.

Did you read what I posted for you last week. Arteta didn’t buy Ricehorn to be a “box to box” midfielder, he bought him to be Rodri.

Who cares? He's walking team of the year and they're flying with him assisting goals, scoring worldies and driving them forward.

He's their current favourite for player of the season. I'm sure they're gutted he's got a different role he's doing brilliantly in w/ the team flying .. christ.

View: https://x.com/TheLFAOfficial/status/1763318107018350882?s=20

Early in the season Biss was second only to Rodri for DMs.

The inconsistency is the issue, not the ability. He got sabotaged a bit by whistles that don’t go against his contemporaries but he also allowed himself to get sabotaged.

The best players don’t allow anything to sabotage them.

We have an issue with all of our main midfielders presently. Maddison, Bissouma not hitting it like early season, Bentancur coming back from 2 injuries. The good thing is we all know how much ability they have and once they get the sharpness we could be a great side.

He doesn’t need to perform like that every week, he just needs to raise the floor and ensure he’s not below a 7/10’s. He was good today, steady but not stand out like early season. That’ll do for me

People really need to get “the first ten games” out of their heads for players and the team generally. We were an unknown quantity. Then other teams hadn’t done their homework and figured out how we play. Then we had the element of surprise on everybody and that’s never gonna happen again.

It’s either going to be games like today or games against other teams that play like we do - Brighton, Liverpoool, Woolwich, City etc where the games will be more open but we’ll have less control.

We don’t need our 6 to be a Rodri/Pirlo hybrid. Just do the job of helping us transition to the other more creatives and be defensively sound. Bussoums’s ideal for that remit. His defensive metrics are outstanding his carrying (pressure resistance) is good and his passing put of pressure is reliable.

We need to improve the 8’s (or the right one first) and we definitely need a massive quality upgrade in the attacking positions. Even Son isn’t ideal for this system.

Back
Top Bottom