Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First time since Dembele have we had a player that has dominated a game like he did yesterday. His confidence is on another level from last season. His awareness is incredible.
Reminded me very much of prime Dembele yesterday. Absolutely loved how the Moose dominated the midfield in his pomp, & Yves was incredibly dominant against the Stoke of the south.

His willingness to take players out the game by beating them is a dying breed in the game. Dembele was immense at it and Biss looks just as comfortable doing it. Against teams that don’t park the bus he will open the whole game up when he does that and will create so many chances from it. He will get caught at times but it’s great to see a player playing the game an old school centre mid way again. I was watching Maddison finding little spaces every time Biss got on the ball and again against more attacking teams we will create so much. We need more pace up top to capitalise on that. Madders will pick out runners all day long.
My perfect window would be another CB,Orban and Vlahovic added to this squad and then we could do something special.

I think that's the difference between Dembele and Bissouma (and I don't like the comparison)

Dembele was about as safe as you could be as a passer.
bissouma aint far off in that sense. some of the shit passes he was dealing with yesterday and managed to save was a joke.

this bloke is our modern modric. not as good at setting tempo and distributing the ball, but not much in it in terms of dribbling (bissouma prob slightly edges it) , bissouma is quicker and stronger too i think. also better in duals without the ball.

bissouma is out of his shell now that cunt has gone too. we are seeing his hunger for the game, he wants to be a big part of the team and i love that. midfield will always be the key area of the pitch in football. we now have a midfield to be proud of.

once everyone back from injuries and ange has sussed his first 11, we have a bit of a force here. give richy another 5-6 games to show us something because if not hell prob need to be upgraded pretty sharpish.

old school centre mid way again.
its mad that its seen as an old skool CM. CM should be able to beat men, pick passes and defend. CM is meant to be where you have your proper footballers.

agree about the pace up top with madders and biss. we are seriously lacking that electric pace now. sons not what he was, rich and kulu arent exactly rapid. solomon is probably our quickest player now but hes not exactly elite in terms of speed.

its mad that its seen as an old skool CM. CM should be able to beat men, pick passes and defend. CM is meant to be where you have your proper footballers.

agree about the pace up top with madders and biss. we are seriously lacking that electric pace now. sons not what he was, rich and kulu arent exactly rapid. solomon is probably our quickest player now but hes not exactly elite in terms of speed.
You think back to the 80s and all the good ones coujd pass,beat people,tackle and score goals. Proper midfielders,not just one trick ponies. Biss reminded me of that yesterday and he’ll get goals even from the deeper midfield role due to us dominating so high up the pitch. I wasn’t 100 % on him due to last season but this boy looks on another level now.

You think back to the 80s and all the good ones coujd pass,beat people,tackle and score goals. Proper midfielders,not just one trick ponies. Biss reminded me of that yesterday and he’ll get goals even from the deeper midfield role due to us dominating so high up the pitch. I wasn’t 100 % on him due to last season but this boy looks on another level now.

Do you think that's because most kids have the freedom drilled out of them from an early age in the academies?

Bissouma reminds me why I grew up loving football. That freedom, the expression to just play the game.

Shows the mentality of the guy, that he's just come off a shocking season where he's had crappy injuries and used poorly by a coach that didn't understand his qualities, and he's put his hand up and said fuck that, I'm gonna run this shit.

this man!

Not just the dribbles but the passes through the pressure to the 8’s and wide players.
All of those went sideways last year when Yves wasn’t playing

You are hillarous. It's obvious he needs another maybe six months to full grasp the tactical periodisation then prehaps a a bit longer to master pointing, playing a sideways five yard pass and then a bit to understand the importance of the fullbacks in our set up.

this man!

Not just the dribbles but the passes through the pressure to the 8’s and wide players.
All of those went sideways last year when Yves wasn’t playing

1:46 probably his best bit. so simple yet so effective, hes taken 5 of their players out with a little turn and flick round the corner into madders. midfield BOSS.

madders already understanding him and moving into the space he needs to

bissouma aint far off in that sense. some of the shit passes he was dealing with yesterday and managed to save was a joke.

this bloke is our modern modric. not as good at setting tempo and distributing the ball, but not much in it in terms of dribbling (bissouma prob slightly edges it) , bissouma is quicker and stronger too i think. also better in duals without the ball.

bissouma is out of his shell now that cunt has gone too. we are seeing his hunger for the game, he wants to be a big part of the team and i love that. midfield will always be the key area of the pitch in football. we now have a midfield to be proud of.

once everyone back from injuries and ange has sussed his first 11, we have a bit of a force here. give richy another 5-6 games to show us something because if not hell prob need to be upgraded pretty sharpish.

Modern Modric? Chill. Let’s just let him get a good run in the team.

Do you think that's because most kids have the freedom drilled out of them from an early age in the academies?

Bissouma reminds me why I grew up loving football. That freedom, the expression to just play the game.
Yeah,formations now have fancy names for positions and certain position only look for certain skills. You’re exactly right,the freedom is taken out them from a tactical point of view rather than telling them not to be free. Watching Biss yesterday made me smile and laugh at times because he was skipping by players as if they weren’t there,taking the ball with two players within 3 yards of him and just running a game of football. He was a joy to watch.

Yeah,formations now have fancy names for positions and certain position only look for certain skills. You’re exactly right,the freedom is taken out them from a tactical point of view rather than telling them not to be free. Watching Biss yesterday made me smile and laugh at times because he was skipping by players as if they weren’t there,taking the ball with two players within 3 yards of him and just running a game of football. He was a joy to watch.

I think Maddison is the same. Hes another throw back. Two perfect players for this system.

Back
Top Bottom