You're The DOF 23-24 edition

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's back (by dope demand...not). To celebrate the appointment of the new head coach, giving us a clear ethos to buy for. Same-ish rules as last time. I've taken valuations from Transfermarkt and adjusted (mostly downwards) where I felt appropriate. For purchases the Transfermarkt valuation is rigidly applied.

Max people you can sell is 10.

Max you can loan 5.

50m plus whatever you can raise from sales.

NAMEVALUE £million
Lloris5
Forster0
Royal25
Spence15
Porro35
Romero60
Dier20
Davies5
Udogie15
Rodon7.5
Reguilon15
Winks5
Sanchez15
Tanganga7.5
Skipp15
Hojbjerg25
Bentancur20
Bissouma25
Sarr15
Sessegnon10
Ndombele25
Lo Celso15
Peresic0
Son40
Gil10
Kane85
Richarlison40

Am I missing anyone?

Last edited:
It's back (by dope demand...not). To celebrate the appointment of the new head coach, giving us a clear ethos to buy for. Same-ish rules as last time. I've taken valuations from Transfermarkt and adjusted (mostly downwards) where I felt appropriate. For purchases the Transfermarkt valuation is rigidly applied.

Max people you can sell is 10.

Max you can loan 5.

50m plus whatever you can raise from sales.

NAMEVALUE £million
Lloris5
Forster0
Royal25
Spence15
Porro35
Romero60
Dier20
Davies5
Udogie15
Rodon7.5
Reguilon15
Winks5
Sanchez15
Tanganga7.5
Skipp15
Hojbjerg25
Bentancur20
Bissouma25
Sarr15
Sessegnon10
Ndombele25
Lo Celso15
Peresic0
Son40
Gil10
Kane85
Richarlison40

Am I missing anyone?

That's a poor team you've put forward there. Don't expect to get the DoF job anytime soon

Sell Lloris, Dier, Reggie, GLC, Sánchez, Tanganga, PEH, Sess, Tanguy, Kane

Loan Winks, Gil, Rodon

Buy Hatate, Raya, Laporte, and make a big run a Laturo Martinez

3odl7k.jpg

I don't envy whoever is taking the strongest hand on this one irl. Headaches in every line of the field. Only one centre back I'd want to keep. There's a case for keeping all of the rb's, and a case to get rid of each as well, and we only need two. In a way the most logical to get rid of (Royal) is also the most dependable and could very well end up first choice for much of the season. Midfield is a cluster. Nobody will buy Ndombele or pay his wages, Lo Celso injury prone, but I figure Postecoglou would want to look at both and might want to keep them around. Hojbjerg much maligned but could end up an important player again. I'm terrified as to what cb we go for

Sell: Lloris, Rodon, Sanchez, Reguilon, Sessegnon, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Perisic & Richarlison.
For a supposed 157.5m

Loan: Sarr, Tanganga & Spence.

Bring in;
GK: Simon
CB: Timber & Torres
Mid: Tielemans, Olmo & Ugarte
Wing: Nico Williams
ST: Evanilson

Will try to play later but some related points:

1. Do the targets have to be realistic? I doubt someone like Lautaro Martinez has any interest in going from a UCL finalist to no European football. Or KMJ is going to come to us when bigger, UCL bound clubs will pay his release clause.

2. Surely we have to take into account the HG rules?
I’m seeing loan/sell Rodon, Sessegnon, Tanganga , Spence without the required HG incoming. Some of the suggestions would probably put us over our non-HG limit.

3. The elephant in the room. Harry Kane.
If we don’t sell him now then we must assume that we’ll lose him for free next year. Can we assume, given the sale price, that we are selling him abroad?

NAMEVALUE £million
Lloris5 SELL
Forster0
Royal25
Spence15
Porro35
Romero60
Dier20
Davies5 SELL
Udogie15
Rodon7.5 SELL
Reguilon15 SELL
Winks5 SELL
Sanchez15 SELL
Tanganga7.5 SELL
Skipp15
Hojbjerg25 SELL
Bentancur20
Bissouma25
Sarr15
Sessegnon10 SELL
Ndombele25
Lo Celso15 SELL
Peresic0
Son40
Gil10
Kane85
Richarlison40

10 sold, raised 110m = 160m to spend on:

Raya - 30m
Taposoba - 40m
Kilman - 25m
Raum/Sosa - 25m
Scott -20m
Hatate - 15m
WF - 40m

Don't know who the WF is yet

I would sell Lloris, Sanchez, Dier, Reguilon, Winks, Lo Celso, Sessegnon, Tanganga, Rodon and Davies.

I would buy 3 CBs, a couple of CMs and a couple of wingers.

NAMEVALUE £million
Lloris5 SELL
Forster0
Royal25
Spence15
Porro35
Romero60
Dier20
Davies5 SELL
Udogie15
Rodon7.5 SELL
Reguilon15 SELL
Winks5 SELL
Sanchez15 SELL
Tanganga7.5 SELL
Skipp15
Hojbjerg25 SELL
Bentancur20
Bissouma25
Sarr15
Sessegnon10 SELL
Ndombele25
Lo Celso15 SELL
Peresic0
Son40
Gil10
Kane85
Richarlison40

10 sold, raised 110m = 160m to spend on:

Raya - 30m
Taposoba - 40m
Kilman - 25m
Raum/Sosa - 25m
Scott -20m
Hatate - 15m
WF - 40m

Don't know who the WF is yet

You purchases are 35m over budget mate.

Levy's just sacked you. :levylol:

áccording to the report yesterday from the english fa, we're not bothering with that home grown quota thing this year, so that makes our job a lot easier

áccording to the report yesterday from the english fa, we're not bothering with that home grown quota thing this year, so that makes our job a lot easier

..........Just this year or from here-on in?

Back
Top Bottom