Your most celebrated Spurs goal...?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Depsite just being a Europa League Last 32 game, the 3rd goal vs Dnipro was genuinely right up there. 1-0 down and out, the other team were a bunch of pricks, 1882 game, the block went absolutely mental.

3:30

Dembele's low shot from distance to secure the win against Lyon in the dying embers of the game in the EL last season was quite a good one too.
dembele.gif

I'm only a young 'un, so for me the best ones are (in no specific order):

Crouch v City to secure a Champions League spot

Rose v the Scum for very obvious reasons

Crouch v Milan also for very obvious reasons

Dempsey v United (home and away)

Stalteri v West Ham

Any goal :bow: :bow: :bow: Ledley scored.

Pedro Mendes v United.

And from video footage, Gazza v the Scum and Ricky v City.

Other than those already mentioned, jenas' long range equaliser in the last minute when we drew 2-2 with the woolwich at white hart lane.

My mate and I went so nuts watching it on the tv that the next door neighbour called the police to report a domestic disturbance. We were certainly quite surprised to see plod at the door 20 minutes after full time. We had to let him in so he could check that nothing dodgy had gone on.

Pretty sure said neighbour was a gooner

The reason Woodgate v Chelsea doesn't quite make it for me is because it wasn't a game/set/match goal. All it did was set up half an hour of absolute chronic illness inducing hell. The main celebration happened at the final whistle.

Likewise Crouch at San Siro, great goal - and obviously bloody decisive in the end but it certainly didn't settle anything at the time. Crouch at Eastlands however, that was it right there and then, and everyone funking knew it.

not so much the goal celebration but the save celebration!.
rickys wonder dribble goal celebration was good.. started at the top of the top tier of standing at Wembley & went right to the bottom without touching the terracing then going back to the lane & seeing an old fella standing on top of his car in his pyjama's waving a giant spurs flag at 1 a.m in the morning

but!!.. tony parkes penalty save in the wafer cup final v Anderlecht meant all the pubs around Tottenham staying open unofficially all night. possibly the greatest night I've experienced following my spurs.

"Is Gascoigne going to have a crack...,?
He is you know....
Oooh I say..... Schoolboy's own stuff!"

Cue bedlam in the Spurs end at Wembley!!
Goal celebrations don't come much better imho!

On a more 'clinical' note... what is it that makes a CLASSIC goal celebration?

I'd say there are 3 very different types:

GOAL 1) THE UNEXPECTED WORDLY - usually accompanied by the following phrase: "OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, WE'VE FUCKING SCORED, OH MY GOD!" (See exhibit a. BALE v West Ham, the other night)

GOAL 2) THE GOAL THAT SEALS THE COMEBACK (WIN OR DRAW, INTERESTINGLY ENOUGH) - stock phrase: "we've done it, we've done it, fucking yes!" (See exhibit b. BALE v West Ham, the other night)

GOAL 3) THE LAST MINUTE WINNER - standard reaction; random noises accompanied by wildly flailing body parts, mixed with a surreal bedlam - (See exhibit c. BALE v West Ham, the other night!!!)

In games I've been to:
Rose v Woolwich
Lennon v West Ham - injury time (came from 1-0 down to win 2-1, went top of the league)
Kranjcar v Bolton - 2-1 injury time (gooners 4-0 down, Newcastle equalise and we go on to win because the atmosphere went up about ten levels).
Kaboul v Villa. Mental.

Surely proof positive that a decent, loud, frenetic level of support CAN lift the players to grab an unlikely win... it was surreal that day, almost as if the crowd MADE us win because the timing of the Newcastle equaliser galvanised our support so much... shame it took a Gooner collapse to generate that kind of atmosphere mind!

It has to be Nielsen's goal against Leicester. I blacked out with joy! Why? I was 14, we were at the old Wembley, I was sure that with ten men we would lose, the goal meant we had won and would be in Europe next season, it was the first silverware I'd seen Spurs win. The first now of two lol.

Second was the 4-4 at Woolwich. Just because I had completely given up hope and was only still there because I don't believe in leaving early. I was at the game with my girlfriend. When we got a corner just after Jenas scored our third I drunkenly said to her "if we score again I'll buy you a mansion"- it was the first thing that came to my head. We didn't score from the corner but Lennon's goal came just after that. We all went absolutely mental, and I think I blacked out again but only for a few seconds. Unfortunately for my girlfriend I'm still relatively skint and spend all my money on Spurs so no mansion as yet, luckily she's not the materialistic type.

For me Crouch & Defoe against Young Boys at the Lane.

Not only was it emotional enough to be at the game and hear the Champions League theme music at White Hart Lane for the very first time, see the centre circle covered with the Champions League logo and ripple while the music played. We were down 3-2 from the first leg which put a little bit of doubt in my mind but we had two all important away goals. Game on!

As nerve racking as it was, to see Crouch hit the net after only 5 minutes i just remember screaming FUCKING YES! Belief. Then Defoe makes it two with a left foot shot in off the post, FUCKING YES! two up at half time and level on aggregate, one more will seal the tie.

Second half, two more Crouch goals and two more FUCKING YES's, the whistle blows. We've done it! Were in the Champions League!

Obviously the games to follow after that, most notably beating both Milan Clubs very very special. But without beating the Boys of Young like we did, those games would not have happened.

Back
Top Bottom