You are Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Demand CL this season. Title challenge next season.

Buy an MLS expansion and cross-brand Spurs, also use the MLS side for development. Ie. Lil Tom would have gotten some great experience in the States last season. Not just with football, but the rigors of long distance travel, maturing in a foreign place etc...

Buy an MLS expansion and cross-brand Spurs, also use the MLS side for development.
That would be fucking bizarre.

That thought is even stranger than the steel drum band playing "Call Me Maybe" that I saw today.

I am firmly convinced that I've spent the entire day living in The Twilight Zone.

Demand CL this season. Title challenge next season.

Buy an MLS expansion and cross-brand Spurs, also use the MLS side for development. Ie. Lil Tom would have gotten some great experience in the States last season. Not just with football, but the rigors of long distance travel, maturing in a foreign place etc...

With all due respect, mate, why would Tom need to worry so much about long distance travel, maturing in a foreign place, etc? Sending him to the MLS would be an awful thing to do. I think someone mentioned previously the idea of a loan to Ajax. That would be brilliant, assuming they feel he's good enough.

null_zps5d3f5ecf.jpg

My own opinion is that Levy will want a CL place this season (no derr), hell or high water.

As far as after that...I can see us building on this and pushing on to be 2nd/3rd in the next three seasons if things go well. The reasons for that are to build our global profile, to be surer about European qualification and the increased financial clout that comes with that.

The stadium would, I'd say, need to be completed by 2020 at the absolute latest.

And I agree with @ Sanchez18 Sanchez18 - as Levy, I'd attempt to sell the club wholesale to anyone who'll have it - £1bn ONO

I'd also fuck so much after the completion of this deal that my cock would fall off and slink off somewhere to die with dignity. I'd probably even do some illegal drugs, now that

QY11BjI.gif

I don't necessarily see a reason why he would want to sell the club. If you think to 10 years down the line, feasibly we could be Champions League regulars in a 60,000 stadium that are challenging for the top honours and have a great squad. It's definitely a money-maker, and even more so with the FFP rules so although obviously it could be sold for a colossal amount, it could also be kept because it's a money-spinner.

I don't necessarily see a reason why he would want to sell the club. If you think to 10 years down the line, feasibly we could be Champions League regulars in a 60,000 stadium that are challenging for the top honours and have a great squad. It's definitely a money-maker, and even more so with the FFP rules so although obviously it could be sold for a colossal amount, it could also be kept because it's a money-spinner.

My thinking is that a no investment and complete hardball can only work for so far. I think its getting to a point where the only major upgrades we can make will cost very good money. Money that will probably only come if we sell our better players or if we make investments. I don't think either case is likely anymore. I'm kinda expecting Levy to sell, but in all honesty I like how the club is run. We aren't bank rolled, all our success is because of financial brilliance, youth, and scouting.

My thinking is that a no investment and complete hardball can only work for so far. I think its getting to a point where the only major upgrades we can make will cost very good money. Money that will probably only come if we sell our better players or if we make investments. I don't think either case is likely anymore. I'm kinda expecting Levy to sell, but in all honesty I like how the club is run. We aren't bank rolled, all our success is because of financial brilliance, youth, and scouting.
I sort of agree but then that would make now the time to sell. Only major upgrade would really be the stadium, seeing as our training ground is done.. But even so that's going to be financed by sponsorship in the large part so I don't see Lewis having to put much money in.
I completely agree, I love the way we've built ourselves in the past few years, and it'd be great to see that rewarded with success. I guess the main point I was getting at is that investment won't be needed once we've opened up the new revenue channels (larger stadium, US market etc.) so all Lewis has to do with the club as a business is ensure everything runs smoothly. There'll be money coming in with little to no effort from him, so I wouldn't see a sale making sense.. I don't know though, i'm not a multi-billionaire!

I sort of agree but then that would make now the time to sell. Only major upgrade would really be the stadium, seeing as our training ground is done.. But even so that's going to be financed by sponsorship in the large part so I don't see Lewis having to put much money in.
I completely agree, I love the way we've built ourselves in the past few years, and it'd be great to see that rewarded with success. I guess the main point I was getting at is that investment won't be needed once we've opened up the new revenue channels (larger stadium, US market etc.) so all Lewis has to do with the club as a business is ensure everything runs smoothly. There'll be money coming in with little to no effort from him, so I wouldn't see a sale making sense.. I don't know though, i'm not a multi-billionaire!

I don't think now is the time to sell. Once the stadium is built, with club money, you show it off for a season with CL and a very good side competing for the title. You sell the club around the last game. Then you make a huge, huge profit. You don't have to deal with the day to day that is required, you don't have to worry about the product on the field that is so flukey. Newcastle two seasons ago wwere competing for CL, last season were competing for not getting relegated. Football is such a crazy investment and when you have the chance to make hundred of millions profit.

Back
Top Bottom