"Yid" chanting...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yid chants, offensive?

• Yes

Votes: 27 7.8%
  • No

Votes: 317 92.2%

• Total voters
I know, it could have literally been any one of us. But they're innocent until proven guilty, and i honestly dont think they will be found guilty. Ive done jury duty and im sure many people here have.
The first case i sat on, was an absolute joke. And only went to court because it had too. This is like that i think. Its a joke of a case but they're left with no choice

But if the defendant turned out to be a Gooner, I bet you would've been tempted to send the fucker down, regardless!!

I don't but I did review the legislation and it has wider scope. I did a post on this to Eperons in the thread about Ajax's Arab surfer flag. On my phone at the moment though so can't link to it.

That said, the Act only requires the there be people in the locality of the chants who may be offended by it for it to be an offence. It's quite broad.
What about people watching on TV? Can they legitmately claim offence? If they can, they whole thing's a fucking mess

The whole charge is just completely ridiculous.

I find it appalling that West Ham, Lazio, Chelsea, Woolwich (that I have first hand experience of) can sing/chant/shout such blatantly racist and offensive words at us, yet no action is taken.

Disgraceful.
its not a ridiculous chard because there are still Jewish people who find it offensive, my family included. However, the rest of your post I entirely agree with and I made this point at the last 1882, when plod was being particularly overzealous. Didn't get a response, nor did I expect one - but at least the message is being communicated.

What about people watching on TV? Can they legitmately claim offence? If they can, they whole thing's a fucking mess

As I mentioned once before... I'm still waiting to hear back from Simon Cowell about what he intends to do about how fucking offended I am every time one of his disgusting monstrosities appears on the TV every SaTURDay night!

Good question. There is case law on this in civil law, but I'm just not informed enough on the criminal case law to give a definitive answer. Possibly the answer is no, but in any event there are Jewish people at WHL at any given match so I suspect the tv debate wouldn't arise.

Do we know who's defending them?
We need a fire-breathing vicious QC type to send the CPS home crying. Can we get a rich Spurs fan to fund it?

Because if a guilty precedent is set, then we're all fucked.
Plus I'm already on a police warning... :dawsonmean:

Huge oppurtunity to show support. Anyone know the court and time? I'm going to see if I can get down there...

EDIT - Just seen its Hendon. Why am I not surprised they aren't putting it in a Tottenham stronghold :avbfu:

I'm thinking about getting this banner made and just wanted some feedback. Does it convey the right message? Would it be allowed in grounds or is the 'yiddo' too obvious?

6tn6mr.jpg

Sounds good but I think it would be foolish to call it an 1882 protest. That's not necessarily good for the long term image of the movement!
Why? We've been Yids the whole way through, why would it not be good for our 'image' to support them now? Sure the SBL and Baddiel won't like it, but I'd say standing up to this nonsense is exactly what a movement like 1882 should do.

Why? We've been Yids the whole way through, why would it not be good for our 'image' to support them now? Sure the SBL and Baddiel won't like it, but I'd say standing up to this nonsense is exactly what a movement like 1882 should do.
It wouldn't help us going forward with regards to the over-policing that's for sure. I'm all for an organised protest, but I just think it's best not to put it under the name of 1882. That's all!

I think we should keep 1882 as informal as possible - keep it as a group of lads and ladies turning up to support the shirt, and sing their hearts out for 90 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom