"Yid" chanting...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yid chants, offensive?

• Yes

Votes: 27 7.8%
  • No

Votes: 317 92.2%

• Total voters
I love the way they focus on 'the Y-word', but ignore the hissing and the references to Hitler and Auschwitz.

To be fair they seem to have covered it with "deeply unpleasant and unwanted anti-Semitic behaviour" and "ll forms of discriminatory behaviour and language are abhorrent and this includes the 'Y' word"

Its just "the Y word" is on trend as Gok might say.

To be fair they seem to have covered it with "deeply unpleasant and unwanted anti-Semitic behaviour" and "ll forms of discriminatory behaviour and language are abhorrent and this includes the 'Y' word"

Its just "the Y word" is on trend as Gok might say.
You're right, but my point was that they have singled out 'the Y-word' for special attention when I don't think they actually chant it.

It's a start at least. The likes of Chelsea, WHU, etc haven't been proactive enough about this yet in my opinion. Instead of threatening Spurs fans, the FA should start dishing out points deductions and matches behind closed doors for teams whose supporters are found guilty of overtly anti-Semitic or otherwise racist behaviour. If other supporters know a dodgy song here or there could cost a title, a European place or even relegation, they won't be long suppressing the chants. It seems common decency isn't enough anymore.

Important message for all fans ahead of Chelsea
Posted by Tottenham Hotspur on 27 September 2013 - 18:30

Following discussions with the Metropolitan Police ahead of this weekend's match against Chelsea, please be advised that the police will be adopting a zero tolerance stance towards any form of abusive or offensive behaviour or chanting. In particular they will be monitoring for anti-Semitic abuse and offenders will be ejected.

whl_nets730.jpg

The Police have also advised us that they will be monitoring closely for the use of any terms which are offensive and/or may be considered offensive by others and will, if necessary, take action against those individuals. They have made it clear that this includes the use of the Y-word under certain circumstances - we should, therefore, like to ask all fans to be mindful of their use of this term.

Please help to make it a positive match day experience that can be enjoyed by all.

Important message for all fans ahead of Chelsea
Posted by Tottenham Hotspur on 27 September 2013 - 18:30

Following discussions with the Metropolitan Police ahead of this weekend's match against Chelsea, please be advised that the police will be adopting a zero tolerance stance towards any form of abusive or offensive behaviour or chanting. In particular they will be monitoring for anti-Semitic abuse and offenders will be ejected.

whl_nets730.jpg

The Police have also advised us that they will be monitoring closely for the use of any terms which are offensive and/or may be considered offensive by others and will, if necessary, take action against those individuals. They have made it clear that this includes the use of the Y-word under certain circumstances - we should, therefore, like to ask all fans to be mindful of their use of this term.

Please help to make it a positive match day experience that can be enjoyed by all.

Carnage to be expected tomorrow then!

Not really sure what that statement is implying, they're going to be looking for people using the word yid, or only people using it in the wrong context? Because in 20 years of being at WHL I don't think i've ever heard anti-semitism from the Spurs end..

I think there will be those (from both sides) who openly/defiantly choose to shout it louder than ever, and see what the consequences are. Then there will perhaps be some who choose not to chant it because of todays' (and recent media) highlighting of the issue...
and those who cannot read, nor own a computer, who couldn't give a Rabbi's Tzitzit (look it up, it's not as bad as you think!) what has been written, and continue to Hiss and Zeig Heil their way through the 90 minutes!

Either way, Yid will probably be the LEAST offensive thing heard at tomorrow's game!

Fuck me silly. Chelsea boasting about diversity. Their club captain's idea of diversity is having a different black player fetch his tea each day .

Don't know if it was apparent to anyone else, but there was a distinct lack of yid chanting in the PL yesterday. It was there, but nothing compared to normal......although curiously when it did happen the stewards didn't seem remotely interested.

Don't know if it was apparent to anyone else, but there was a distinct lack of yid chanting in the PL yesterday. It was there, but nothing compared to normal......although curiously when it did happen the stewards didn't seem remotely interested.

Was in block 35, and in the first 20 minutes 'We'll sing what we want......' went round about 6 times. Everyone around me was chanting Yid Army regularly too. The old bill didn't seem to care.

Only thing they did was warn a fella about his language at half time. Must have called every single Chelsea a cunt about 50 times in the first half.

The whole situation is getting proper boring now, I hope the next bandwagon will be along soon.

Doesn't 'bandwagon' refer to Cowboys & Indians or summit...?
I'm sure Big Chief Shitting Baddeil will find something to send angry smoke signals about!

Back
Top Bottom