Would you willing to boycott in protest against Enic for the first twenty minutes of the first home game next season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Boycott the first twenty minutes of the first home match next season?

• Yes

Votes: 37 69.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 30.2%

• Total voters
Its a pickle, the ultimate protest is to simply not show up, no protest, nothing just don't attend the matches, don't buy the kit, don't spend a penny on the club. But then what kind of supporters do we look?

Fans are on a hiding to nothing and ultimately what is your protest for? Levy out? He is a part owner... ENIC out, post COVID who is going to by us and the debt we have?

Boycotts don’t work as other fans just take their place and football now is global so most cash comes from TV rights. The only current way is protest, Liverpool fans made life very uncomfortable for their former owners, United have done the same but ultimately we are limited in what can be done as Joe Lewis shows no interest in holding his chairman to account so.

Boycotts don’t work as other fans just take their place and football now is global so most cash comes from TV rights. The only current way is protest, Liverpool fans made life very uncomfortable for their former owners, United have done the same but ultimately we are limited in what can be done as Joe Lewis shows no interest in holding his chairman to account so.
Obviously any boycott would have to be fan base wide, I don't like to see fans booing in the stadium or affecting the team that's just a personal view it serves no purpose but to make the team your supposed to be supporting feel alienated. We all laughed when the West Ham fans did what they did, I don't want to see us go down the same lines.

What are you protesting to gain? What is the ultimate outcome you want? Its not a defeatist attitude its the reality of the situation.

The ultimate outcome is getting Levy out as our chairman or at least showing him that we won't put up with the penny pinching anymore and forcing his hand to make us truly competitive.

If they aren't capable of doing that then they need to sell to someone who will make us competitive.

Our fans just seem to be happy with the lot we are given, the stadium seems to be enough to placate them, the results on the pitch seem to mean fuck all.

What are you protesting about?

Fantastic run under Poch with one of the best squads in the EPL- the best in the clubs history. 2nd and 3rd place finishes and a champions league final. Poch was offered the chance of Tielemens, Coutinho and Bale - he didn't want them.

Team needed a rebuild. Poch burnt out so brought in one of the most successful managers in world football and spent 200m on new players - all of whom the fans were VERY pleased with at the time.

Covid hit.
The players burnt out.
Mourinho flopped.
The new signings flopped.

Suddenly its all ENICs fault?

Before you go organising protests, lets see who gets hired as the new coach and what improvements to the squad have been made.

Fair enough, if we sell Kane and buy Jolinton with Martinez as coach I'll join the protest!! But let's wait and see and stop listening to ITK on SpursCommunity!!!

Ok, playing devils advocate.

You've spent over £1,000 for your season ticket, yet you are deciding to miss the first 20 mins of each match you go to. Who misses out? You or Levy? Who are you punishing? The fans/players or Levy?

I get the sentiment behind this 'call to arms' by the OP, I just think the people that will suffer/care are the fans.

Personally, I think Crispin is on the right track by boycotting branded goods, etc. I won't be buying merchandise from the club shops for example.

We need to make a visible statement that will be picked up by the mainstream media, a mass walkout of every fan for one game during the middle of it is a small sacrifice for all the negative press ENIC and Levy will get from it imo.

Also, like you say, not buying things in terms of merch, food etc.

I really do think a mass walkout on the 20 min mark of the game would be a huge statement from the supporters, Levy and ENIC will not like that kind of press.

The reason they keep doing what they are doing now is because they think the supporters are just going to shut up and accept it.

Boycotts just don't achieve anything, our players have boycotted the full 90 of numerous games over the last 2 years and Levy is still lingering around the canteen like a weirdo.

I'm undecided, simply because unless you get 100% take up, it won't make the impact required. I would have thought a loud, vocal protest inside the ground would be more effective.
It is difficult because we don’t want to be responsible for making the new manager’s job even more difficult. Levy has already made it a poison chalice. However the weasel must be made aware how loathed both he and his uncle are

The ultimate outcome is getting Levy out as our chairman or at least showing him that we won't put up with the penny pinching anymore and forcing his hand to make us truly competitive.

If they aren't capable of doing that then they need to sell to someone who will make us competitive.

Our fans just seem to be happy with the lot we are given, the stadium seems to be enough to placate them, the results on the pitch seem to mean fuck all.
I hear your frustration I do, but if we get Levy out as chairman he will still be the owner, he will still call the shots. Who is going to pay the money needed to buy us with £850m of debt in this environment? Your only hope is an oligarch or a Saudi regime and honestly I think those boats have sailed.

I posted elsewhere, I would be supportive of walking out on mass on 20 minutes for a period of 1-2 minutes, maybe 5 minutes, and then return to the bowl for 20 minutes of slow clapping or chants of “we want ENIC out”. Both would make a lot of news headlines. And neither affect your entry, ability to see friends, etc, they are just very visual and audible ways to show how you feel after 20 years of being treated like a mug.

“So levy you will never guess what the stadium is empty and the game has already kicked off”
“Where is everyone ? “
“They are all In the ground drinking beer waiting for the 20th minute to come out to protest against Enic “
“Free beer ? “
“No, paid for beer “
:levylol:

This is the way forward.Drink before you go in,eat before or after.Hit them where it hurts
EDIT
And buy merch form the stalls outside the ground, not the club shop.
Said this in other threads , the only way you will make an impact is if people stopped eating and drinking in the ground , the trouble is even with all the social media today it would be near on possible to get everyone to do the same

I would support a 20 minute walk out. That would make more of a public impact IMHO. I’d also have a better chance of a seat on the train home.

:wansum:

Back
Top Bottom