worst police in Europe/UK?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

South yorks police putting their name in the frame

Sheffield Wednesday concerned about police methods after baton injury

I just came here to post this myself. Absolutely horrifying stuff.

As best I can surmise from everything I've seen, a 16-year-old fan was involved in a bit of pushing and handbags, so a large male officer took a running start with a baton and smashed him in the head from behind, cracking the lad's skull open. The female officer hit another lad multiple times after he was already floored.

Both officers then tried to cover it up by confiscating phones and smashing the phone of the person filming the original incident. It seems that the higher-ups are trying to quash the whole incident -- having evidence leak and outrage grow to the point where they have to pretend to investigate is just an inconvenience to them. You can tell it's all being half-assed because SYP are one of the forces that use body cams as standard and yet they're appealing to the public for witnesses and evidence (as if more were needed) prior to launching the full internal proceedings. Clearly not everything is functioning as it should.

If you think our police are the Good Guys(TM) that you can trust, I'm not going to say you're dumb, but you're definitely naive[1]. A good mate of mine left the police precisely because, in his words, "only the psychopaths and incompetent diversity hires are left". And it's a cyclical problem: the worse and more corrupt the police become, the more likely the good people are to simply give up the insurmountable fight and quit.

[1] Actually that might be a little generous. After the politically-motivated cover-ups of industrial-scale child exploitation in Rotherham, Rochdale, Telford, Oxford, Carlisle, Bristol, Aylesbury, Peterborough, Keighley, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Leeds, Bradford, Calderdale, Coventry, Blackburn, Banbury, Oldham, Preston, Skipton... - I'm not close to finished, just bored of typing - that must have involved thousands of individual police members to various degrees, you have to be very naive to trust the police. It's absolutely and obviously not just the "odd bad egg" but a sizable percentage of them nowadays. And it seems to only get worse as you go higher up the chain, which no doubt exacerbates the attrition of the actual good guys.

Last edited:
Swedish police are ramping up their war with football supporters (the Stockholm clubs to be precise, but it spills out on the rest of the league) and now they are training so that they can implement tear gas "when needed" at football games.

The more our supporter groups ask for dialogue the more the cops just ramp up the violence.

If you think our police are the Good Guys(TM) that you can trust, I'm not going to say you're dumb, but you're definitely naive. A good mate of mine left the police precisely because, in his words, "only the psychopaths and incompetent diversity hires are left". And it's a cyclical problem: the worse and more corrupt the police become, the more likely the good people are to simply give up the insurmountable fight and quit.

Which sane person would decide to join the police? I know one who's alright, but I can't quite fathom why he does it. Working unsociable shifts, constantly dealing with drunks and arseholes (colleagues and public) and then the pay isn't even that great.

Got to be a certain type of person to want to do that. Sadly often people who love the power of a uniform.

When i hear my mates yearn for the good old days of the RUC,you know something aint right...;)

The RUC certainly had its bad eggs but at least they actually done something the PSNI are slow and ineffective only moving when the story hits hard in the media. Recently they had the case of the Journalist shot during rioting in Derry/Londonderry and for month the Police stated they knew who the guy was but didn't have the evidence to attempt a prosecution (more than likely the suspect is a linked man) . Then the family go to Stephen Nolan and a week later... they arrest the guy.

The RUC certainly had its bad eggs but at least they actually done something the PSNI are slow and ineffective only moving when the story hits hard in the media. Recently they had the case of the Journalist shot during rioting in Derry/Londonderry and for month the Police stated they knew who the guy was but didn't have the evidence to attempt a prosecution (more than likely the suspect is a linked man more like) . Then the family go to Stephen Nolan and a week later... they arrest the guy.
Yeah, i hear similar all the time mate.
People questioning what they actually do.
I always found you could have a crack with RUC much of the time,and whilst keeping me amused isn't what they were paid for,it certainly showed character,considering they at the time had the hardest job out of any of the UK police forces.

Yeah, i hear similar all the time mate.
People questioning what they actually do.
I always found you could have a crack with RUC much of the time,and whilst keeping me amused isn't what they were paid for,it certainly showed character,considering they at the time had the hardest job out of any of the UK police forces.

I had family members in the RUC and UDR, and while I can never condone anything they did outside the law its pretty clear they had a fucking incredibly hard and dangerous job to do, and for the most part they did it very well.

Swedish police are ramping up their war with football supporters (the Stockholm clubs to be precise, but it spills out on the rest of the league) and now they are training so that they can implement tear gas "when needed" at football games.

The more our supporter groups ask for dialogue the more the cops just ramp up the violence.
Makes me laugh in Sweden, game about to kick off, one side light 50 flares and smoke the place out.
Half an hour later you can see the pitch, the other side do the same.

Ever considered taking the smoke bombs away at the gates?
For a country so all about “the rule book” it beggars belief that ultras can do whatever they want.

You can’t even open a can of 3.5% beer at a nice little pick nick on a summers day.
But put on a Djurgarden scarf, grab 200 of you, and you can walk along the dual carriageway drinking vodka if you want.

Back
Top Bottom