World Cup Matches Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cracking finish by Higuain, as jimmyriggle says , some quality crosses from Vert, but nothing made of them, maybe Lukaku could benefit from them in the 2nd half ?

Vertonghen´s crossing is fucking superb.....shame he hates playing LB for us. Seems to thrive for them..
I just don't get why he doesn't like playing there. It's his best position IMO. & since he is paid by Spurs he should play where he's told to play without bellyaching. If he does leave...I wonder where his new club would play him & whether he'd complain...

I just don't get why he doesn't like playing there. It's his best position IMO. & since he is paid by Spurs he should play where he's told to play without bellyaching. If he does leave...I wonder where his new club would play him & whether he'd complain...
Maybe its because our own LBs just don't seem to able to cut it skill or fitness wise and he was hired as a CB!

CB is his best position, no doubt about it for me

After the first three knock-out matches, i'm hoping for some more entertainment this game! Thank god we're playing 4-3-3 again. 5-3-2 against CR would have been embarrassing IMO. Line-up:

10443504_786069271426628_563945317923857992_n.png

CB is his best position, no doubt about it for me

I used to think that, but at LB he's got more of a license to get forward, and he can really do some damage in the opposition half IMO.
I think for a 'defender' he's got really good natural skill on the ball, it just seems wasted if he sits back all the time.

I think he just wanted to play centre back at the world cup and realised that wasn't going to happen if he was playing club football at left back.

I also think he would've moaned until sherwood was gone anyway.

Can't help but think that after seeing van Gaal's difficulty in finding a way to break down a defensive team he would have been a perfect Spurs manager.

Back
Top Bottom