World Cup 2022 final - Argentina v France (Sunday 18th, 3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ah , yeh , the Montgomery save , I’d forgotten all about that one , awesome save .
article-2446457-0C897D4C000005DC-738_634x501.jpg

s-l400.jpg

Peter Lorimer had the hardest shot in English football at the time, I think he was clocked at 70 mph (ouch!).

That ball sat up nicely for him inside the 6 yard box. Mick Jones is the striker celebrating the "goal". Also shows Lorimer thumping the ground in frustration immediately afterwards

That's a bloody ridiculous save.

Any hoo. To get this thread back where its from.... Can someone please explain Lauturo Martinez to me? Admittedly not seen hours and hours of him. About a dozen games a few during purple patch in Milan...but I genuinely think he is horribly over inflated.
From what I've seen he's probably the best in the world at almost scoring.

That's a bloody ridiculous save.

Any hoo. To get this thread back where its from.... Can someone please explain Lauturo Martinez to me? Admittedly not seen hours and hours of him. About a dozen games a few during purple patch in Milan...but I genuinely think he is horribly over inflated.

He's the best Higuain in an Argentina shirt impersonator I've ever seen. It's like he saw that mantle up for grabs and took it with both hands.

It's like he has some allergy to scoring goals.

Julian Alvarez really stepped up. Younger, hungrier and better than Martinez.

Why would Alvarez stay at City? Seems to me that it would be good for him to go to a top side without an established #9. I can see him going to another top club next season where he can be a consistent starter.

Last edited:
Julian Alvarez really stepped up. Younger, hungrier and better than Martinez.

Why would Alvarez stay at City? Seems to me that it would be good for him to go to a top side without an established #9. I can see him going to another top club next season where he can be a consistent starter.

Trophies and a shit ton of money

Back
Top Bottom