World Class

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Problem is no one knows what World Class means. I would say our only WC player is Toby but by your logic that will make him go shit so I won't. We have NO WC players.

Exactly. They're all mediocre.

World Class obviously means "he's a good player, but fuck it let's jinx it"

Especially Sissoko. He is the opposite of world class. He's so not world class, he's community class.

Let's see if that works.

"World class" is the shittest cliche in a long line of shit cliches. We don't play other planets at football, and if there was an intergalactical football tournament, we'd probably boycott it.

"World class" is the shittest cliche in a long line of shit cliches. We don't play other planets at football, and if there was an intergalactical football tournament, we'd probably boycott it.

Merson would call it 'world class, I mean world world class '
Fucking stupid meaningless expression.

Not sure about Pique you offer me him or Toby for Spurs and it's an easy decision. We will see about Pogba I have never been a fan, the rest hard to fault.
Toby is one of (if not) the best in his position anywhere in the world- & id have him ahead of Pique. Pogba (for the most part) is like a French Carlton Palmer- or united's Sissoko....

I cant for the world understand why nobody has seen what you did in defence (higlighted it) , WORLD CLASS ? Were you drunk when you wrote that lol

I would also kill Pogba from that list, way too early to be considered world class as he isnt even (yet) the best player on the pitch for France or Man U most of the time, but he can become WC in the future. Boateng however ...
I always thought Boateng being world class was one of the least controversial opinions out there.

Last edited:
I honestly believe that a few months with Poch even Ronaldo would look average
Ronaldo is probably the only world class player who wouldn't thrive in Pochettino's system. All of Ronaldo's other managers have adapted their systems to fit the fact that Ronaldo simply doesn't defend. I can't imagine Pochettino allowing that.

Whenever people on here state that one of our players is "World Class", they suddenly turn into walking turds.
:dembelefingers:

Dier, pre-season
Alli, whilst we were in the running for the title
Lamela, pre-season
Eriksen, when we signed him
Son, after he had a great start

Literally moments after Walker was called 'world class' in yesterday's thread, he turned into shite.

Can I suggest a "world class" phrase ban? A word filter that changes "World Class" to "mediocre" might help.
:kaneshh:

Problem is no one knows what World Class means. I would say our only WC player is Toby but by your logic that will make him go shit so I won't. We have NO WC players.

Are you sure?

I'm 99% positive one of these will be playing against us on Sunday....

iu

Personally I would define world class as a player that can walk into any football team on planet earth (or at least two per position), so no we don't IMO. So for example:

GK: Neuer, De Gea
Full Backs: Alba, Lahm, Marcelo, Alaba
Centre Backs: Ramos, Pique, Boateng, Hummels
Centre Mids: Modric, Iniesta, Busquets, Pogba (despite his shaky start)
Wingers: Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Bale
Strikers: Suarez, Aguero

Personally I would define world class as a player that can walk into any football team on planet earth (or at least two per position), so no we don't IMO. So for example:

GK: Neuer, De Gea
Full Backs: Alba, Lahm, Marcelo, Alaba
Centre Backs: Ramos, Pique, Boateng, Hummels
Centre Mids: Modric, Iniesta, Busquets, Pogba (despite his shaky start)
Wingers: Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Bale
Strikers: Suarez, Aguero

Not sure about Pique you offer me him or Toby for Spurs and it's an easy decision. We will see about Pogba I have never been a fan, the rest hard to fault.

I honestly believe that a few months with Poch even Ronaldo would look average
Oh DOOOOOO stop it! we get it...
you dislike every manager we've had since (I can only assume) Terry Venables or 'Arry Redknapp... (and I reckon you had a sneaky soft spot for Timmy too... as he was Bri'ish fru'n'fru)
'cos you're one of THOSE fans ain't'cha...?

y'know, the ones that don't like all that 'foreign muck', and probably voted 'Leave' during Brexit...

Am I right... AM I RIGHT???

Back
Top Bottom