World Class Spine?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WookieD

wharrgarbl 💫
I'll not go on too much or get misty eyed but... Are we close to having a world class spine?

Loris
Toby/Jan
?
Kane

I'm not sure if you can put any of Dembele/Lamela/Erikson there yet but it's looking quite close. What do people reckon? Loris clearly is, our CB pairing clearly is and Kane would go for close to the world record... this surely has to be better across the board than Redknapp's team?

Despite all of the "old guard" strengthening massively in the window I still think we have the key players and supporting squad to have a proper go this season.

Dembele is world class.
Do you honestly reckon? It's a big thing to say... he's absolutely critical to us but everyone overrates their own team right. Hugo, Toby and Kane are absolutely there in their own right imo and Verts makes a world class pairing at CB. But I'm not sure the midfield is there yet.

This is the best team I think I've seen personally (started watching football mid 80s) and more balanced than the 09/10 squad... just don't want to get too giddy...

The "World Class" element is to subjective to define. Many claim it without the ability to compare.

What we can say is we have the best spine in the League, and you can add best depth to spine too.

Bit of a tangent here, but while the spine thing focuses naturally on the central players, seems to me that what could make or break us is the 2 fullbacks. They're our only source of width and if they don't get up and down effectively enough, we can be predictable and nullified. It may be arguable if Walker and Rose can be defined as world class but they've been doing an excellent job for us and know the role Poch wants them to play.

Back
Top Bottom