Work in progress (long)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im worried Vertonghen will leave anyway if he continues to be played LB, where he has stated twice now he dislikes.

He turned down Woolwich to play CB here
He can jog on if so - a true professional would do anything to help his team and playing LB is hardly asking him to play keeper, seeing that it's a versatile position of his. Pipe down and do your job, son

Funny how he never complains in the national team, knowing that it's either LB or bench.

Our changes this summer were rather drastic, Pool's biggest changes came last January.

Keep Suarez and lose Bale. They still have their main man while our new potential huge stars are starting to find their feet in the Premier League.
If we had kept Bale and bought say 3-4 of the 7 new lads we would probably be up there with Woolwich now, or even first alone. Now, it's not the time to judge Liverpool vs Spurs. They're out of the league cup, not in Europe, yet they are "flying" but only three points ahead. Looking better when get fluid, but I think we will too when we get going properly.
mate stop being so dam right all the time..i thought this was a forum where i could argue constantly with people who make no sense
i agree, liverpool managed to keep their worldie in suarez but i feel wont last the distance and are one or two big injuries away from being average..

Lets see how Pool does when Real inevitably snatches Suarez this january window.
madrid wont get him in january, besides the fact they dnt have the $$$, liverpool im pretty sure have said his not available period but def not in january..wouldnt be surprised if he goes to madrid in the summer though...

I am actually seeing big things ahead with so many players in our squad that can make us kick on. While I was feeling down after the game yesterday, I can't wait for this team to finally get going and I'm feeling absolutely confident they will.

What is your absolute confidence based on? It sounds like blind faith to me.

Strange how its perfectly acceptable to see nothing but good in the indeterminate future, yet heresy to comment on the immediate past.
Its almost as if making personal judgements on what you see, based on your own experience and knowledge - is somehow valueless against that of being able to have the gift of foresight.

Positivity is all well and done but, and so long as it isn't 'Soldado you Spanish cunt', then it is acceptable to question certain decisions by the manager, or when a certain player isn't producing, he can then be called to task too.

I've always wanted to find the best in a player, manager or system. I am not convinced that the current system will work but am keen to see AVB be given the time and patience to develop it, just with flexibility. Without being Nostradamus it is impossible to know how successful it will be but I do believe that most teams work well with an identity, if we can make ours be a high pressured defensive game matched by incisive attacking I'll be chuffed.

Until then, I just wish the supporters would be a little less like spoilt kids.

Positivity is all well and done but, and so long as it isn't 'Soldado you Spanish cunt', then it is acceptable to question certain decisions by the manager, or when a certain player isn't producing, he can then be called to task too.

I've always wanted to find the best in a player, manager or system. I am not convinced that the current system will work but am keen to see AVB be given the time and patience to develop it, just with flexibility. Without being Nostradamus it is impossible to know how successful it will be but I do believe that most teams work well with an identity, if we can make ours be a high pressured defensive game matched by incisive attacking I'll be chuffed.

Until then, I just wish the supporters would be a little less like spoilt kids.
We are all keen to see him succeed, he has the tools to do so, he just needs to work out that if you cant crack it with a mole grip then maybe an adjustable will be better - rather than continually trying and failing with the same set of tools.
Your final comment is the most apposite, some of the bitching is tiresome - almost as much as the wild eyed lunacy of the crowd who will brook no argument against AVB, as if he were some anointed messiah who has the ear of god.

What is your absolute confidence based on? It sounds like blind faith to me.

I believe that we have some sublime players and that once the players have trained on attacking patterns over time we will be very strong. It's worrying that we have struggled to score goals, but we'll work on that, just like we have worked on different aspects of our game previously. Let's hope we start to get it right sooner rather than later.

Back
Top Bottom