Woolwich Scum Away 12.45 Sat 17 Nov@ the Effemirates

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well he's not going to get used to it on the bench is he :kaboul:

No, and Ive stated in the Lloris thread that I think he should start regularly for the sake of the defence, and for him to come to terms with the PL.....thats the only notion Im challenging (the post that said he doesnt need to get used to playing in England because France is the same and shots are shots etc etc).

Im not saying Brad should start.

Apologies for actually going to a game

Why are you apologising to me for going to a game?

That makes absolutely no sense to me. I have no idea what you are talking about. Lets break it down....

You think it wasnt a red. You are using your gut reaction from the stands as the basis for your decision. Thats fine.

I show a gif which shows clearly, it was a red, and simply point out that judging a challenge from a crowd of people, a few hundred yards away in a split second is probably not going to give you the whole story. (The ref was alot closer than you was.....or maybe you was in a corporate box, after all, you are well in there with the clubs history and VIP'ness...hush hush though, wouldnt want to let everyone know about that now would we)

You then apologise to me for attending the match.

What do you mean? Was it a dig that you was there and I wasnt? A bit like the behaviour of Carlito Brigante....someone you think is a cunt for acting that way :vdvhmm: ...

Or are you actually sorry....for going?

It all makes no sense to me. I am really really confused by this random statement.

Im going to mull it over again....."Apologies for actually going to a game".

How odd. How meaningless. I just dont get it.....anyway, apology accepted.

:goonermong:

I simply think Brad is used to the PL, and Hugo isnt. Which is actually a fact.

I also disagree that for a keeper, it makes no difference what league you play on the basis that "a shot is a shot, and the goal lines are white".

Yes, it is a fact. A completely irrelevant fact, but a fact none the less.

You may disagree that's it's no different for a keeper but that's an opinion based on sitting on your arse watching football rather than actually playing it. I've played in leagues that, quality wise, are miles apart (moreso than the French and English leagues), yet I made the transition easy enough. If anything I found the better leagues easier because there are less scuffed and miss-hit shots to deal with!

Yes, it is a fact. A completely irrelevant fact, but a fact none the less.

De Gea disagrees, as do I.

"I know we are talking about one of the biggest clubs in the world and that always brings with it pressure to get immediate results," he said. "But even so, it's logical that things are a bit different for me at first. I have new team-mates and the football is different from Spain."

I accept your opinion though, and have no more to add really.

Why are you apologising to me for going to a game?

That makes absolutely no sense to me. I have no idea what you are talking about. Lets break it down....

You think it wasnt a red. You are using your gut reaction from the stands as the basis for your decision. Thats fine.

I show a gif which shows clearly, it was a red, and simply point out that judging a challenge from a crowd of people, a few hundred yards away in a split second is probably not going to give you the whole story. (The ref was alot closer than you was.....or maybe you was in a corporate box, after all, you are well in there with the clubs history and VIP'ness...hush hush though, wouldnt want to let everyone know about that now would we)

You then apologise to me for attending the match.

What do you mean? Was it a dig that you was there and I wasnt? A bit like the behaviour of Carlito Brigante....someone you think is a cunt for acting that way :vdvhmm: ...

Or are you actually sorry....for going?

It all makes no sense to me. I am really really confused by this random statement.

Im going to mull it over again....."Apologies for actually going to a game".

How odd. How meaningless. I just dont get it.....anyway, apology accepted.

:goonermong:

33485-Happy-Greek-Fisherman-In-A-Boat-Reeling-In-A-Fish-On-A-Hook-Poster-Art-Print.jpg

replying to you is instantly rewarding

It wasnt a rant. I was mugging you off for digging out someone who lives abroad and doesnt get to too many games due to money and work.

Congratulations for being born into the family of a Spurs legend. I bet its very easy for you to attend all the games you want. Well done.

Next time you tell Carlito Brigante to "fuck off and die you cunt", remember that your attitude is not too disimilar to his.

I buy tickets like anyone else......not sure why you'd think spurs would ever dish out freebies......

The ref didn't get to see your gif, no one in the spurs end watching exactly what the ref saw thought it was a red card.

I buy tickets like anyone else......not sure why you'd think spurs would ever dish out freebies......

The ref didn't get to see your gif, no one in the spurs end watching exactly what the ref saw thought it was a red card.

Whatever. I dont care how many games people go to and never feel the need to belittle someone who goes less. I find that pathetic.

I moved abroad, I work and I cant always swan off on a Saturday return flight. I go a few times a season, pay my membership and support the club as I best can. When I was still in England I went more often. Whats it to you?

What the fuck has it got to do with Adebayors red? Nothing, but because I think its a straight red, you try and cunt me off because you was at the game and I wasnt?

You made yourself look obnoxious there imo, and no amount of trying to conversate your way out of it will change that. Like I said, be careful not to slate Brigante too hard. You aint much better.

At the end of the day, it was a red card, we can't change that now, frustrations are obviously high but there is no need for this bickering, come on we're all fighting for the same cause here.

At the end of the day, it was a red card, we can't change that now, frustrations are obviously high but there is no need for this bickering, come on we're all fighting for the same cause here.
I think we need to turn on each other some more.

I'll start. *cough* [clears throat]
You're all a bunch of cunts!
:avbwtf:

That doesn't change my opinion though......

Anyone that's seen Howard Webb ref a Utd game wouldn't exactly describe him as a neutral.
Have to say Webb is generally pro ManU, so agree here. Although I know quite a few ManU fans and they would be for Spurs and against Goons, so by that rationale, so would Webb be.

Personally, I don't think Ade deserved a red card as I like my football with a bit of blood and thunder, but the law states that if a player isn't in control of the tackle, they get a red. I don't think Ade was in control there (ie, no way could he have pulled out in time), so by that and other recent "studs up" red cards, it was a red.

Certainly, if had been a Goon flying in like that on one of ours, I'd have a fucking contract out on him, let alone applaud the red.

Back
Top Bottom