Woolwich Scum Away 12.45 Sat 17 Nov@ the Effemirates

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well the first part of my birthday is a write off. From 00:00 hours to 14:45 I will be all :avbshock: :dawsonwtf: :levyeyes: Thanks fixture computer. :parker:

However I have a free slot from 14:45 onwards just waiting to be filled by willing emotions. Preferably I am seeking :balelol: , :vert: or :baelol:, but will accept :adestare:, :hudd:, or :gallashmm:.

:defoe:, :avbfacepalm: and:mong: need not apply. Thanks.

The "Call It What You Fucking Want" Formation

..........................................Lloris

Walker...............Vertonghen................Caulker................Naughton

Lennon................Dembele.........................Sandro................Bale

..................................................Ade

.................................................Defoe

Ammended thanks to YiddoBuckler

Dont know why I bother as we all know it will be:

First Half

...........................................Brad

Walker.......................Gallas...Caulker...............Vertonghen
Lennon

.............................Sandro..............Hudd...............................................................................Bale
............................................Dempsey
.....................................................................................Ade

Second half

...........................................Brad
Walker...............Gallas................Dawson................Caulker....................Vertonghen
Dempsey...............................Hudd

.......................................................Sandro

...........................................Siggy

...........................................................................................................................................Bale

I'm not going to get into the formation debate as I have very odd formation preferences. But I will honestly be happy with a draw in this match, we aren't playing well, and we have had a string of bad results in the league. I don't want us to have lost 4 in a row. Woolwich are pretty shit at the moment, so a win IS possible, but it could easily go either way.

As for selection, I would drop Dempsey like a hot stone, and also sick Hugo in goal, I'm really sick of Friedels long balls.

Like us, Woolwich struggle to keep clean sheets, so I expect lots of goals (wouldn't be a NLD otherwise, would it?). Dembele walks into the team if available, and I really hope AVB has had enough of Dempseys complete lack of ideas and tempo. Playing two strikers against the Arteta/Cazorla/Wilshere midfield might be too risky, so I would continue with a lone Ade up front. I would still like to see Falque get a start, but would be happy to see Gylfi back in the starting eleven also. Anything to get rid of Dempsey. My team:

Lloris​
Walker - Caulker - Vertonghen - Naughton​
Sandro - Dembele​
Lennon - Falque - Bale​
Adebayor​

Is it just being assumed that Dembele is back and being thrown straight into a NLD then?

Is it just being assumed that Dembele is back and being thrown straight into a NLD then?
Think Avb said it was a good chance of his date of return after they found out surgery wasn't needed.

If Dembélé is fit, he have to play. He's our talisman this year dammit!

Lloris
Walker Vertonghen Caulker "Anyone But Gallas"​
Dembélé Sandro Huddlestone​
Lennon Bale​
Adebayor​

This is going to be one of those unbelievable matches where it ends 4-4 or 7-6 or something silly like that.

Only concerned about Walcott and Giroud for them tbh, if we can keep them quiet then we should at least get a draw. Arteta was awful against Fulham, Cazorla ineffective and they still look shakey as fuck at the back. Also their keeper is Fabianski 2.0 - Huddlestone will destroy him with a shot from distance.

Give Bale and Lennon space to run at them and they've had it. I'd love to see us bang out a 4-4-2 against them but realistically it'll be a 4-2-3-1 (we learned last season at the Emerites not to play a 4-4-2...) hopefully similar to the lineup against UTD earlier in the season. I'd take ADe over Defoe though, certainly to start. If something goes wrong then take out Dempsey/Sig and revert to a 4-4-2 late on.

None of this sit back and defend the lead bollocks. We're an attacking team, we need to behave like that.

I think this game will suit Lloris more than Brad but we shall see. Cazorla is shooting from anywhere near the edge of the box and Lloris is a much better shot stopper. Not to take anything away from Brad though...
Lloris​
Walker - Dawson (c) - Caulker - Vertonghen​
Sandro-Dembele​
Lennon - Sig - Bale​
- Adebayor -​
This is all based on if Walker and Dembele are fit of course. Personally I'd prefer Dawson over Gallas for this as he's great in the air and can out muscle Giroud.​

Back
Top Bottom