Woolwich (H) - The Gallas Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see the Ade bashing has taken it's course in another thread. And before the game has even played out.

Brilliant.

Get behind him FFS.
It's not a case of not getting behind Ade, he shouldn't be on the pitch. He let us down appallingly in the last game v Woolwich. He's been poor for months now, and has been a liability for most of the season.

How anyone can compare his input to Scott Parker is beyond me. I have no worries about Scott against Woolwich at all. We've been doing better since he came in for Sandro, that's how well Scotty's been doing.

IF AVB picks Ade then he'll get my support as do all Spurs players. I'll just be expecting him to let us down again, that's all. Here's hoping if he plays, he proves me wrong.

Ok Ok I know it sounds foolish and I know I will be copping some heavy slack but please hear me out.
I believe you need create a system that involves all your best players so here we go.

Lloris

Caulker Dawson Vertonghen

Walker Benny

Dembele

Lennon Siggy Holtby

Bale

Lloris: needless to say
Walker: we need the pace
Caulker: too much of a threat at set pieces
Dawson: great for intercepting and defending headers
vertonghen: smart defender and dangerous outside the box
Benny: too much class to be left off today
Dembele: by himself in cdm but will be aided by a back three that can push up.
Lennon: I'm sorry but Siggy cant match lennon for pace
Siggy: deserves a start. He was the difference when he came on. Had great vision and tenacity
Holtby: will be fired up. Also has experience with Shalke I believe
Bale: No explanation needed. The best in the epl right now.

So that is my 11. It is risky but we don't need 2 cdm when we can create up front at our home. Adebayor is erratic and not inform (a bad combination). With walker and Benny playing as wingbacks it will allow more threat up front and still have security from counter attacks with the big 3 at the back.

Defoe off the bench. If he is available. He would start but too risky to come back in the most important game of the year for us.

What ever A.V.B chooses I know we must support him. This is just my opinion atm. COYS!!!

We've been doing better since he came in for Sandro, that's how well Scotty's been doing.
I think you are being misled by the increase in Bale's performance since Sandro has been out. I don't think Parker has been performing on a level where we can credit him for our form at all. He doesn't look nearly as comfortable or controlled as he was last year. Not that he has been playing poorly but surely not playing as well as you are making him out to be is all.

It's not a case of not getting behind Ade, he shouldn't be on the pitch. He let us down appallingly in the last game v Woolwich. He's been poor for months now, and has been a liability for most of the season.

Yeah he let us down last time against them and hasn't been playing to the best of his ability recently. Everyone will let us down at some point, even the best players have crazy moments and do stupid things, you've got to let that go.

He is a top striker who has scored double figures in 6 consecutive seasons before this. I don't see why so many people are on his case so much. Now he's getting a run of games he is gradually getting better performance wise and the goals will come*.

*I hope, or I'm gonna look like a massive twat for defending him.**

**Opening myself up to some more abuse here I know.

got a link?

I'd suggest people saying he "shouldn't play", is a "liability", and predicting we won't win if he plays is a bit silly and could constitute as "bashing".

Not in the same league as calling him a wanker in a match thread before he's even done anything wrong, but each to their own.

I'd suggest people saying he "shouldn't play", is a "liability", and predicting we won't win if he plays is a bit silly and could constitute as "bashing".

Not in the same league as calling him a wanker in a match thread before he's even done anything wrong, but each to their own.

I think he was requesting a link so he could join in, rather than denying its existence.

How anyone can compare his input to Scott Parker is beyond me. I have no worries about Scott against Woolwich at all. We've been doing better since he came in for Sandro, that's how well Scotty's been doing.
wtfjaguars.gif

I don't consider myself to be bashing Ade by saying he shouldn't play tomorrow and that he's been a liability for much of the season. I would say the latter is fair and accurate comment, and the former is a logical choice based on the latter.

I've nothing against Ade per se, I've plenty against his performances and no show from Africa this season.

I don't think Carroll should start tomorrow, I'm not bashing him, I just don't think he's good enough. Ditto Gallas, although it's more marginal in his case re selection, but Dawson Caulker and JV are simply better than him. IMHO

Please God dont mention the G word.

My team would be;

--------------Hugo----------------

Walks-------Daws------Caulks--------Verts

Lenns-------Dembs---------Parks-----Bales

-------------Demps------------

----------------------Ades----------------------

Please God dont mention the G word.

My team would be;

--------------Hugo----------------

Walks-------Daws------Caulks--------Verts

Lenns-------Dembs---------Parks-----Bales