Woolwich fans protest against greed/high ticket pricing

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would a protest against high-ticket pricing & greedy wankers ruining football be worthwhile?

• Total voters
http://www.ultras-tifo.net/news/1289-Woolwich-fans-protest-against-high-ticket-prices.html

So most people have probably seen this. obviously theyre wankers and missing the point that if it wasnt for their greedy owners, they should still be on the other side of the thames

BUT
at the same time theyve got a point and theyre completely right and tbh i think we should do something like this :defoe: :avbshit:

I do agree with the sentiment, since football has always been a historically working man's game. But it's supply and demand. It's all very well for these scum fans to be protesting high ticket prices, but at the very same time they sit around moaning because their best players are being sold and the money isn't being invested in top new talent. Well, how is the club going to run it's superduper new stadium, subsidise it's tickets and build a title winning side with top paid talent?

Personally I think the most a club can do is subsidise maybe a small section of tickets for the locak working class so that the grass roots element of the game is preserved and catered for. Beyond that, I don't think it's commercially realistic. This isn't the Bundesliga. It's the biggest league in world football and Woolwich, like us, have to find a way to operate within that structure. How many scum fans will be content with cheap tickets, but 14th place in the Championship? Ha! They'd be marching over that too!

I don't think we're in anywhere near a bad position with our owners as they are with theirs. Respect their reasoning behind it and respect the movement as well it's nice to at least see them trying to make a difference.

Seen a couple of people compare the BSM to 1882 on twitter and having a go at the Woolwich fans but the 2 movements are completely different. Can't forget that they also had an "1882" movement called "red action" or something like that, they've even got their own block for PL games I think, can never hear them mind think that movement has derailed.

Vomit.gif

The only kind of protest that is in any way worthwhile would be not going to the games. If the Emirates only had 10k people per match prices would soon drop.

But that's never going to happen.

What Woolwich fans are doing is a good thing for football as a whole, just hoping they take it seriously and fuck off back to south London.

Nice idea, but how would it work in practice? People don't really like to be means-tested.
Well no, that isn't really what I had in mind. Rather tickets that were quite a bit cheaper and only buyable from the ticket office in person and to non-season ticket holders/non-members. That might enable more access for local and/or more cash strapped fans, even if some of the tickets are bought by normaol goers.

Means testing is out of the question.

Well no, that isn't really what I had in mind. Rather tickets that were quite a bit cheaper and only buyable from the ticket office in person and to non-season ticket holders/non-members. That might enable more access for local and/or more cash strapped fans, even if some of the tickets are bought by normaol goers.

Means testing is out of the question.

Oh right. I think I misunderstood what you meant by setting aside a small section of the crowd.

Woolwich fans were fine with their ticket prices when they were winning.....

What they are really against is Chelsea and Man City ruining what should be their period of dominance.

Look, it's all bollocks from that lot. I was stuck on the M4 coming home tonight, and listened to all their whining and complaining on BBC London. I found it bloody hilarious and, at the same time, wholly pitiful. Most people were not complaining about the prices: they were complaining about paying £60 for a ticket and Woolwich not winning, as if, in some kind of retarded bullshit mentality, paying more means you deserve to see more victories. They are consumers, they sit their fat arses on comfy seats and expect to be entertained as if they'd shelled out for some Live At The Apollo celebrity wank-fest. For fuck's sake, Let them cry in their couscous and drown in the sorrow of their pathetic, plastic existence. Most of them are just gutted they didn't decide to support Chelsea 10 years ago. Wankers, wankers, wankers.

The funniest thing is they don't know wtf they are complaining about: Wenger in Wenger out, high ticket prices, shit atmosphere, empty seats, prawn sandwiches, shit team, selling best players, booing Wallcot last year now he is their best player and they don't want him to go. Not spending any money even though their annual wage bill is 3rd or 4th highest in the league (£50m per yr higher than us) blah, blah bloody blah.

These fucking arseholes show themselves up when their team take to the pitch. They don't get behind their team, shit they don't appear to even like their team, their club hahahahahahahhaah!

NOTHING puts a smile on my face whatching this going on. But for now I will hold it all in, I will wait until the end of the season before I take to the streets and celebrate us finishing above them. Knowing that the future is getting brighter, that we have a manager who knows what he is doing, that we have an U21 squad that is one of the best in Europe, and that we have supporters who will always stick by their team no matter what......he who laughs last, laughs longest COYS!

Back
Top Bottom