Women euro championship 2022

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come on the lionesses 🦁

When I was at school I wasn’t allowed to play football, us girls were shipped off to play netball or hockey while the boys played football. I really hope the landscape for women’s football changes after today

"The 12th lady"

:avbnaa:

Sorry, but if you don't want the male support, Gaby; we can fuck off.

[Posting clusterfuck... Sorry]

It’s all getting a tad silly

Do they man mark or woman mark players ? Shouldn’t Wiegman be called a Womanager?

The girls have won a lot of people over here..... It would be a damn shame if that gets ruined by dick-heads over-compensating.

Fixed it for you

Whilst I was at Uni I had some wet-behind the ears 19yr old feminist wagging her finger and preaching to me about the righteousness of the concept of "WomXn" in the middle of a music tech lecture (!!!)...........

I'm so proud of my restraint. :dempsey:

Last edited:
Come on Lionesses!

I wish BBC one and 5 live would stop banging on about the men's game.

I don't think the woman's team was mentioned once when England reached the final of the Euros last year.

What's especially grating is the comparison about whether "White can break Wayne Rooneys goal scoring record"

Its just not needed...... No one ever says "I wonder if Federer is going to beat Navaratilova's grand slam records"

Just be happy that you're at the pinnacle of the woman's game and stop worrying yourself of any other version of the sport.

England 3 Germany 1

(Heart rather than head as I've only ever seen either team at this tournament so have no idea)

As much as this is a positive for us, I do feel gutted for the girl. She's been superb for Germany, to miss out at the last hurdle must be awful for her.

Having said that, our girls need to keep their focus and go out there to destroy this German side.

As much as this is a positive for us, I do feel gutted for the girl. She's been superb for Germany, to miss out at the last hurdle must be awful for her.

Having said that, our girls need to keep their focus and go out there to destroy this German side.

Can go either way..... If we've spent much of out prep factoring in their danger-woman, then it might throw our gameplan.

Come on Lionesses!

I wish BBC one and 5 live would stop banging on about the men's game.

I don't think the woman's team was mentioned once when England reached the final of the Euros last year.

What's especially grating is the comparison about whether "White can break Wayne Rooneys goal scoring record"

Its just not needed...... No one ever says "I wonder if Federer is going to beat Navaratilova's grand slam records"

Just be happy that you're at the pinnacle of the woman's game and stop worrying yourself of any other version of the sport.

England 3 Germany 1

(Heart rather than head as I've only ever seen either team at this tournament so have no idea)

Yeah, this grates on me as well.

Why can't you just praise the women? Why the need to slag off the men's team, who also reached the final last year.

Hope the women's team wins but be happy for them, criticising the men's national team seems redundant especially considering they've actually done really well in the last two tournaments.

It's not as if they were knocked out by Iceland last year!

Back
Top Bottom