Will selling Bale be Levy's fatal mistake?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Smoked Salmon

Finest human being of all time
Matter of not iff but when. This summer, maybe summer 2014. But it'll happen. But, let's face it, he's carrying us at the moment, much more than Modric ever did. He is, quite simply, our game changer and the best one we've had since the days of Gascoigne IMO. We need to finish buiding a team around him. With that in mind, I wonder if we should just keep upping his contract and let it eventually run down until he goes.

Sure, with ยฃ60 odd million we could get in several players to fill the Bale hole, but are there the players on the market that could do so and play well enough with the rest of the squad?

What do you think? It Bale the man that Levy has to be "Un-Levy" about?

I would bring in a hypnotist and MAKE him stay.

TheHood.jpg

Agreed penpen but it would be shit if he leaves in the next season/few seasons. We need to keep him, we aren't going to replace him.

I don't think he leaves this summer, especially if we qualify for CL, and especially if Ronaldo stays at Madrid. I don't think those two will play in the same side.

That's true. In fact thinking about the fact he won't join a team that has Ronaldo has caused me to worry lately that he'll go to manure instead. But shedding the pessimism for a moment, and perhaps being a tad naive (?), but when you see the players and coaching staff celebrate the way they do, it's easy to start believing there is a special belief/morale at the club that Bale will find difficult to leave.

That's true. In fact thinking about the fact he won't join a team that has Ronaldo has caused me to worry lately that he'll go to manure instead. But shedding the pessimism for a moment, and perhaps being a tad naive (?), but when you see the players and coaching staff celebrate the way they do, it's easy to start believing there is a special belief/morale at the club that Bale will find difficult to leave.

After Levy stood up to Chelsea I can't see him selling to one of our rivals, and United are one of our rivals now.

They fact that we have this supposed "special understanding" with RM doesn't mean he won'tstand a chance of going to Barca.

He needs a galactico style team. I don't think Man U qualify as they anymore. He needs to be playing with the best of the best.

If he's sold before I make my first trip to WHL (or the new stadium), and I pay Bale to tickle my grundel, then Levy won't survive a fortnight.

They fact that we have this supposed "special understanding" with RM doesn't mean he won'tstand a chance of going to Barca.

He needs a galactico style team. I don't think Man U qualify as they anymore. He needs to be playing with the best of the best.

I dunno, can't see him going there for some reason

A Barca/Madrid bidding war will suit Levy nicely, but it's going to be Madrid in the end. Madrid's style suits him better, there is no better ready made replacement for Ronaldo in the world, Bale talks him up all the time, he even started copying his hairstyles for christ's sake.

If we get CL I actually don't think he'll go. I reckon hes still learning, enjoying his football, and his life and will stay for at least another season.

Can't say I'd be annoyed if he did leave. He's done so much for us, so fair play to him.

Back
Top Bottom